Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 244866 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1020 on: November 05, 2016, 06:28:12 pm »

...you can get a p continuity right now, though. From Baro. For pretty cheap.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 05, 2016, 07:01:35 pm »

Yeah, but I'd rather save up my Endo to max my Vitality or Steel Fiber, or my recently acquired P Flow and soon to be acquired once I have one mil so my friend can trade it to me P Continuity

Consider that it takes redonkulous amounts of Endo to level up those skills for meager returns. The damage scaling from Serration is far more useful for what you spend. Health scales poorly to high level damage, as does armor. In truth damage eventually does too given hard enough enemies, but generally I've found damage > survivability for the vast majority of the game.

Soma Prime: ML6 Regular Soma is kinda shit. This is a crit machine that also does decent status. Gonna take a lot of forma and rare mods to get it fully set up, though. Ammo-hungry.

Wut? Soma Prime is great, but the regular Soma is not shit by any extent of the imagination, especially considering what else you can buy blueprints for at the Mastery Rank. It's still a crit monster, it's still a status chance monster. Just less so than Soma Prime.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1022 on: November 05, 2016, 07:19:50 pm »

Twin Grakata with maxed lethal torrent and maxed gunslinger. You know not the meaning of ammo-hungry
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 05, 2016, 07:32:43 pm »

Yeah, sorry, I was just speaking without thinking, relative to having used Soma P as one of my go-to primaries for a long time. Soma's still a good weapon, it's just that Soma Prime is more so Soma seems relatively bad in comparison. It's one of those cases where I would suggest avoiding using forma/blue tater on an otherwise good weapon because you're going to be able to get a flat upgrade before long. Get the mastery points out of it, sure, but if you're running relics at all you'll probably have most of Soma Prime ready by the time you hit MR6 and will be able to hop into that quite soon.

And bluuuuurgh at the 100rd magazine. The 200-rounder burns down fast as it is, and you still have to deal with the 3s reload. That's what kills Soma for me at higher enemy levels, it's much harder to keep up the fire when you're trying to keep objectives clear alone or something. Would rather just take something ammo-efficient like Latron P or a shotgun at that point, pop stuff with a shot or two.

Also, miauw, like nenjin said: defensive mods are mostly pointless to level. Get Vitality and Redirection to R5-6, which is good enough for keeping frames alive while you level them. I'd suggest keeping Vitality on everything mostly because there are certain types of attack that go after your health directly, but aside from special cases (like armor on Valkyr) you should be dumping defensive mods in favor of power-related stuff. Kill faster and CC everything, because weapon damage and CC scale much, much higher and harder than defense. You reach an enemy level point where you get one-shotted even if you've got a warframe full of R10 defensive mods.

That said, you can usually get away with two on most frames. Some actually want more, some you really need the extra slot or two for maximizing abilities. R10 is seriously expensive, IIRC my only R10 at the moment is Serration (which is hands-down the first R10 you should cap out).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 05, 2016, 07:45:46 pm »

I don't get all the hate for Mag.
Polarize, with Shield Transfer mod, is basically god-mode, giving her massive overshields. Against shielded enemies it also does a lot of damage with a huge radius.
Magnetize + a fully auto shotgun, or any high-dps gun with a large clip, will devastate any bosses or elites without specific hotboxes.
Crush serves as a wide-area stun, which creates an opening for reviving allies, and is better than nothing if you accidentally bring Mag against Infested.

Overall Mag is one of my favorite frames.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: November 05, 2016, 07:46:14 pm »

R10 vitality is nice, R7-8 serration is pretty decent.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 06, 2016, 12:05:01 am »

30-45% damage more on your primary is a hell of a lot more valuable than 80-120% more HP on your frame, IMO, if you're talking about which to max first. Dead enemies don't shoot back and that health isn't going to be more than 100-150 on most frames. Speed, mobility, and effective ability use are the cornerstones of staying alive, whether that's sitting inside an unbreakable Frost shield for 50 rounds of defense or moving around like a goddamn pinball to avoid fire. Doesn't matter if you've got maxed Vitality, Redirection, Fast Deflection, Steel Fiber, and Vigor all on, if you're letting yourself get shot by level 100+ enemies you're going to melt fast, and your important abilities are going to be crap because you don't have the mods you need for them.

Yeah, get that vitality maxed eventually. But R6 is cheap while giving you a bit under 2/3rds of the benefit of R10 without sucking up tens of thousands of endo.

I don't get all the hate for Mag.
Polarize, with Shield Transfer mod, is basically god-mode, giving her massive overshields. Against shielded enemies it also does a lot of damage with a huge radius.
Magnetize + a fully auto shotgun, or any high-dps gun with a large clip, will devastate any bosses or elites without specific hotboxes.
Crush serves as a wide-area stun, which creates an opening for reviving allies, and is better than nothing if you accidentally bring Mag against Infested.

Overall Mag is one of my favorite frames.
caveat: 1amish rambling

Mag's... a sad story, honestly. She used to be goddamn good, but got nerfed into the ground.

Polarize with Shield Transference caps at 1,200(? IIRC)pts of overshield. For low-level speedrunning that's overkill. For serious work that's barely enough to eat a couple shots, and it doesn't even get the benefit of armor. The general "but at least she's still okay against Corpus" is a sad state to be in, considering that you can completely trivialize shields in the same way with a weapon, leaving your frame open to be something that contributes more generally. Not only her 1, but also her 4, which is supposed to be a high-damage AoE nuke.... it's frankly underwhelming.

Like, compare Crush to (say) Avalanche. 3000 base damage of one of the most narrowly useful types and a knockdown that has a cast+cooldown of over 3 seconds versus 1500 damage up front + hard CC for base 8s + 40% armor reduction(!!!) which is increased by power strength(!!!!!), followed by 400 damage nukes and guaranteed slow procs for anything left alive... with a slightly lower cast time.

Or compare Magnetize to Molecular Prime. Granted, the former is a 2 and the latter is a 4, but still, MP hits an area with ~8x the radius for twice as long and applies a heavy slow to all targets and has higher finisher nukes.

That's the problem with Mag right now. They fucked her up enough that she's mediocre at best even at what she does and can be replaced with a weapon. One of the best uses for her (stripping shields in conjunction with a MP, ironically) can be accomplished almost as easily by the Nova taking a Magnetic-specced Amprex. She's good against the least dangerous enemy type, but not even particularly great versus them.

Here's an example: Magnetize strips armor. Great. We love armor stripping, it's the most important thing in the game. Problem is, it strips flat armor rather than percentages, and only if they've already lost their shields. 400 base max damage. So assume Grineer, no shields. A level 50 Bombard. 500 base armor becomes a bit under 2,800. Now go to level 100 and you're at a bit under 8,300. Avalanche is stripping ~3,300. Maxed Corrosive Projection on one person is stripping 2,480. A single corrosive proc is stripping 2,066. Magnetize is still stripping 400.

Basically her CC was nerfed to shit (because it was pretty damn good, at one point she was queen of CC spam thanks to Pull), and her damage can't scale even into the baby levels covered by sorties, and even for low-level stuff you can just run Ember or whatever to instagib everything. She has decent single-target damage amp... in a gamestate where other frames have as good or better buffs and other good stuff going for them.

Excal, Frost, &c. got reworks and are generally in good places now. Mag just kept getting nerfed. It's tragic. :|

Also underlines very handily what I've been saying, though. To be effective you need some combination of mobility, CC, and damage, and whatever you have must scale well if you're going to use it for anything other than milk runs. Corrosive is king of Damage 2.0 because it has a permanent percentage-based debuff to the most powerful enemy stat in the game, which is powerful in turn because it scales like motherfucker in terms of piling on effective HP. Shields are trivial because they aren't affected by armor. Thus, magnetic damage is incredibly niche and not entirely necessary; notably, Corpus have a number of units which have armor, so corrosive is also the most important elemental proc against them at high levels.

It's not a healthy situation, but that's how it is. Mag is kinda bad right now and probably needs a rework, and the game is mostly babymode easy stuff that you can easily clear even with absolute rubbish gear, except for the handful of remnants of challenging content where you need equipment for highly specific purposes if you're not going to climb into someone else's backpack for the duration.

And yeah, this is in no way a "don't play what you like" post, because it's pretty easy to play literally anything and do decently right now (again, partly because staying mobile is the most important part of staying alive, unless you're Frost or Inaros or something). It's just that it does Mag a disservice to pass this off as a good state for her when it's gotten to the point where there are cracks about how she's Warframe's Irelia. And to be fair, there's a world of difference between "kinda bad" and the garbage trap weapons that exist only to waste your time and effort. :P
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:53:41 am by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 06, 2016, 04:14:09 am »

From the Orcus relay. Which requires ML8. I'm 7 :P

Also "unless you're Frost or Inaros or something" guess which two frames I play almost exclusively at the moment. :P

And i guess the thing about ranking up Vitality is right, but Serration is uncommon so it costs even more to max. Hieracon runs do give plenty of Endo, though...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:23:35 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1028 on: November 06, 2016, 04:23:24 am »

Also "unless you're Frost or Inaros or something" guess which two frames I play almost exclusively at the moment.
Rhino and Volt?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 06, 2016, 08:04:47 am »

Also "unless you're Frost or Inaros or something" guess which two frames I play almost exclusively at the moment. :P
Ice Chroma and Assimilate Nyx?

I actually got an Assimilate augment yesterday, it makes Rage/QT Nyx amusingly effective at not dying and max-range nyx a chaos-throwing ball of tank.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:08:15 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 06, 2016, 11:42:16 am »

And i guess the thing about ranking up Vitality is right, but Serration is uncommon so it costs even more to max. Hieracon runs do give plenty of Endo, though...
Fair enough, haha! But yeah, it really can't be overstated how important Serration is to max. I'd call it without hesitation the most universally important mod in the game.

And thank fuck nobody read all that crap I spilled out while half-asleep.

3. Run Resize Enable

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 10, 2016, 12:23:59 am »

I got all the parts i need for a tigeris prime yay!

to bad its lock behind MR13 and im MR 12 boo.

but still any good builds for it? i hear status is good.
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 11, 2016, 11:08:06 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 12, 2016, 05:49:40 am »

Redtext is always so quippy.

Anyways, I'm at a complete loss at where to find the pieces for a Blueprint given at the end of TWW. Or where to find the blueprints for the weapons carried by the new Onion Knights. Something about a new type of alert for the new component type, according to the patch notes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 12, 2016, 06:26:09 am »

Have you checked the market?

Alternatively, maybe those alerts will drop the weapon bps :P
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 06:35:21 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 133