Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 244886 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #975 on: October 27, 2016, 01:00:49 pm »

Honestly if you run relic missions even semi-regularly you'll be rolling in ducats and forma. I'd say on average it's a three-way split: either someone rolls an item that you want for the sake of making it, or someone rolls a forma, or nobody rolls either so you take the one that sells for the most ducats. The relic system really hit prices hard; Soma Prime as a full set sells for 40-80 plat now; I remember when many of the parts sold for more than that individually. But it makes sense, you can reliably farm out any prime item in 10-20 fast runs of easy missions, assuming you have all the relics you need and are willing to wait for exterminate/sabotage/capture.

But yeah, what Aklyon said, treat yourself to a syandana. The Asa looks great on everything, but maybe I'm biased.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 27, 2016, 01:26:53 pm »

Getting the relics is the hard part for some of the primes, though (the nikana prime is basically all rare parts iirc). You have to do a ton of excavations or spies. (Not that I mind doing excavation, it's quite fun)

Anyway I just bought a bunch of plat and bought a million slots and the standard saturated palette. TIME FOR SWAG

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 27, 2016, 01:46:21 pm »

Don't forget syndicate relic bundles. They're quite nice, and you can stock up rep with medallions until a prime set you want gets unvaulted/released.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 27, 2016, 02:13:39 pm »

Halloween update is live.

Go here and log in for a free blue tater.

Double affinity weekend Oct. 28-31.

Day of the Dead skins and glyphs. The usual holiday palette for 1cr, and another cosmetic for the same.

Special Nightmare Tactical Alert.

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 27, 2016, 04:49:09 pm »

It's not a free potato, actually. I got a Forma... And appartently some people got some free cosmetics. That said, it seems that there's also a 7-day resource booster on the drop table, so could be worse...

Meanwhile, the Time Attack is sort of hard. I've gotten 645 as my highest score, really need an organised team :/

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #980 on: October 27, 2016, 04:56:03 pm »

I got a boltor skin
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 27, 2016, 05:00:00 pm »

It's not a free potato, actually. I got a Forma... And appartently some people got some free cosmetics. That said, it seems that there's also a 7-day resource booster on the drop table, so could be worse...

Meanwhile, the Time Attack is sort of hard. I've gotten 645 as my highest score, really need an organised team :/
I got a three day resource booster, I think. Was on the phone so hard to tell. Edit: Nope it was a 7 day. Still. I have 132 Orokin Cells. I'm not hurting for resources.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:19:24 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 27, 2016, 05:36:38 pm »

Yeah, looks like a random drop. Shame for the folks who got boosters, that sucks. Lucky on the ones who got skins.

The third stage of the event gives a yellow tater, and there are nightmare mode missions up all weekend with guaranteed(?) mod drops, so there's that.

3. Run Resize Enable

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 27, 2016, 05:38:38 pm »

Yeah, looks like a random drop. Shame for the folks who got boosters, that sucks. Lucky on the ones who got skins.

The third stage of the event gives a yellow tater, and there are nightmare mode missions up all weekend with guaranteed(?) mod drops, so there's that.
I hope they've brought nightmare missions back permanently. And yes, any nightmare mode mission automatically gives you a random nightmare mod. They're worth it, so if you find an easy mission, say exterminate, capture, or assassination, it can pay to spam it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 27, 2016, 07:27:07 pm »

Wasn't sure if they were giving guaranteed mods for the event is all.

Had one of >those< moments doing a solo Loki run on a Vampire extermination mission when I ran out of stealth in the middle of desperately whacking a crowd of Grineer stuck in a little cubby-hole so that they couldn't hit the alarm and spawn more. I killed them all, restealthed, and then saw a Powerfist just casually patrolling past. He'd apparently walked right by where I was eviscerating six or seven of his buddies, less than a meter away, and didn't hear anything, much less notice that he was in a splash zone. And then I stabbed him. :V

Moments like that make the game what it is.

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 28, 2016, 12:35:00 am »

I'm pretty sure Nightmare mode is back, permanently. And the Nightmare mode missions are in three "tiers" according to their difficulty (eg planet) and each tier has separate reward lists.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 28, 2016, 12:54:10 am »

New Nightmare mods, too. I think one for each difficulty?

Got a new one called Chilling Reload, which is for shotguns. Adds 60% Cold damage and increases reload speed by 40%, which is pretty good.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 04, 2016, 03:10:05 pm »

Baro's got Primed Continuity and Flow this time. Also a new one, Primed Cryo Rounds, which is almost totally worthless right now.

That and the Primed Pedestal for 1 million cr each. :V

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 04, 2016, 03:27:20 pm »

And all I can hear is Doctor Evil demanding one million dollars.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 133