Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245046 times)

Tarquinn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #840 on: July 09, 2016, 02:15:01 am »

Can you go into more detail about the void? How are prime drops handled? One of the big reasons I quit (Right around when movement got changed to remove coptering) was because getting the drops you wanted from the void was miserable.

There are new missions named Void Fissures. They come in 4 tiers as the old void, however they are just like alerts that occur in random system missions. Void keys are now Void Relics. You now equip a relic on your ship, then run the void fissure. You can see in the interface exactly what drops from each. It's still a table, however there is another resource now to collect that is used in a new segment in your ship to increase the chance of getting the exact reward you desire.

In the void fissure mission, there is a void tear. You activate it, which spawns a nasty bunch of enemies that drop the resource to close the tear. In practice, it works just as an excavation mission. At extraction, it rolls the loot table for each equipped relic, then you can choose 1 reward from the up to 4. If a player doesn't have a relic equipped, they don't get a reward. It can be ridiculously difficult at the moment. Nullifiers will spawn right on your head, which kills all your abilities. Madness. I've had 6 nullifiers with 2 ancient healers hiding in bubbles and bunch of low stuff with 2 bursas for good measure. I expect some changes.

Is leveling gear to 30 still painfully time consuming, or has something been done to make it easier/less painful?

Your MR now plays a role in new gear. You'll have twice your MR to use for mods. So if you're MR10, a new weapon/frame will start 20/30 instead of 0/30. The item will still be level 0 however, and you'll have to level it to 30 as usual.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 09, 2016, 03:05:19 am »

The void missions being alerts sounds super frustrating. I remember how long it took me to get my vauban set, and that has guaranteed drops. Is it better than it sounds?

Tarquinn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 09, 2016, 03:17:39 am »

Is it better than it sounds?

Yes. The missions are always available, it uses normal star chart missions, the type chosen may change. They're accessible in the same window you're used to with alerts. Invites aren't necessary like it was with keys, you can make your private party or you can jump into a public run if you like.

Alerts themselves have been changed as well. They've trimmed down the rotation from about 15 days to 10 days. Deception missions and archwing defense have been removed from the game completely.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 09, 2016, 03:31:39 am »

New star chart.

19th time's the charm, eh?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 05:17:11 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 09, 2016, 05:48:41 am »

Alerts is the wrong word for it. Fissures are more like syndicate missions. They are on X node for a certain amount of time (seemed to be 2 hours, followed by a new one showing up). While they are there you can do the mission as often as you want. Its honestly easier to just look throUgh the patch notes than look through various explainations people have tried to make
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 05:50:19 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 09, 2016, 11:24:57 am »

(disclaimer: the items are no longer actually called 'keys', though all your keys were converted into whatever the hell they are.)

I feel like the most important part for someone who quit due to the abysmally miserable void drop pools is that, if you're in a party all looking for the same thing you get four chances because each person who brought a 'key' gets to roll on the table, and everyone gets to choose which of the drops they want. (And to be clear, you can all choose the same thing). If you choose someone else's drop (for example, when literally everybody still rolls orthos prime handles grumble grumble) that person gets a few bonus Void Fissures.

Void Fissures drop from the enemies you fight while activating the void tear, and can be used to upgrade your 'keys' and shift the drop chances towards the rare end of the pool, which I assume is practical if you only have a few of that key and want to maximize your chances.

I'm not sure how easy it is to get keys - presumably just like old times, so 'sorta grindy'  - but overall the new system is a massive improvement. My buddy literally bought plat when it was on sale so he could buy Nova Prime Systems - which could only be obtained by a grueling 20 minute grind of garbage-tier infested in the Orokin Derelicts at a drop chance of 'fuck you'%, with the other stuff in the drop pool being not-Prime-parts meaning you weren't even getting ducats for doing the missions.

We got it while we were going for something else in the hour and a half we played last night, though that was admittedly because it was a common drop in the same pool as one of the Mag Prime parts. The worst situation you can find yourself in now is needing something rare from a high-tier key, but that's infinitely better than anything in the Derelict, and uproariously better than most of the Void Missions. If I never do Void Survival for 20 minutes again, it will be too soon.

It's worth noting that as of last night Sorties appear to literally be broken, and nullifiers were allegedly tidied up to have more consistent effects, but the real takeaway is they now pop Frost's bubble if they touch it so have fun doing high-level anything-you-need-to-defend! (And no, Excavators still do not scale).

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 09, 2016, 10:08:18 pm »

Alert. Survival. Mars. Corpus. Melee only. Enemies level 200 to 9,999.

Seriously. Haven't tried it yet. Prize is crispy Gold Potato.

Tried it. No shields either. And no level 200 enemies. They start at 9,999.

Also, next up for Priming is Nekros, Galatine, and Tigris.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 10:21:46 pm by BlackFlyme »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 10, 2016, 10:54:42 am »

That sounds like a jat-kitag and inaros alert to me.  Should be fun, really hope it's still on when I get off work.
Nom nom nom

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 10, 2016, 11:13:31 am »

The alert has one more thing: the players are invulnerable. The problem is getting enough life support to make it to the end, as the enemies can't really be killed in direct combat. Covert Lethality (single dagger) coupled with a finisher-enabling power such as Excalibur's, Inaros' or Equinox's kills them, as does using a heavy weapon to knock them out of bounds. If neither is available, opening lockers and breaking boxes might give just enough LS to pass the mission.

It's soloable, and causing very much salt on the Warframe forums for requiring a 'cheese' strategy.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 10, 2016, 11:29:47 am »

I feel a nekros with shadows of the dead might work. If you can get some kills to start with.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 10, 2016, 11:32:13 am »

The alert has one more thing: the players are invulnerable. The problem is getting enough life support to make it to the end, as the enemies can't really be killed in direct combat. Covert Lethality (single dagger) coupled with a finisher-enabling power such as Excalibur's, Inaros' or Equinox's kills them, as does using a heavy weapon to knock them out of bounds. If neither is available, opening lockers and breaking boxes might give just enough LS to pass the mission.

It's soloable, and causing very much salt on the Warframe forums for requiring a 'cheese' strategy.
I just used Saryn p and beat the shit out of things with spore/toxin lash. Managed to kill all of one enemy and knocked one out of bounds. Ran out of ls seconds after the mission completed, extracted just fine. Also opened a lot of boxes and lockers.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 10, 2016, 12:15:37 pm »

A high speed EV trin could probably slaughter things. Just tried and it does decent damage. Just don't have the super specced out zero duration style yet.

Edit: Turns out a platoon of eximus rollers spawning before you deactivate life support stops everything else from spawning. And because of armor scaling, they will never die.

Edit2: Valkyr's rip line is very effective in getting crewmen into bottomless pits. Not so much the moa's and of course ospreys dont get touched.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:07:13 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #852 on: July 10, 2016, 08:22:34 pm »

Getting to the fissures is hell for a MR3 guy though (such as myself)
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 10, 2016, 09:14:08 pm »

Getting to the fissures is hell for a MR3 guy though (such as myself)
You just gotta get more of the map done.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #854 on: July 10, 2016, 09:21:50 pm »

About that. The 'gift from TennoCon' alert is stopping me from getting to Ceres and Phobos. I need to do that node (Aries) to move on, but because of the event, I cant.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 133