Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245070 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #780 on: February 01, 2016, 06:53:41 pm »

So I've started to play this again, and I am just realizing that I've basically been playing the game wrong. I used to just progress through all the missions as they were unlocked, and ended up moving on to new and harder planets without getting vital mods that are basically required. Just the other day I got Hornet Strike which is the pistol damage mod so now my pistols actually do damage, and I got 'redirection' which actually gives you more shields. I'm actually starting to manufacture my own weapons too now that I know where to get all the parts for them.

I still don't have the shotgun damage mod, and I have maybe half of the elemental mods. I was able to use transmutation to get Pathogen Rounds, which gives toxic damage to pistols, using four of the 50 or so vitality mods I had, so I think I lucked out there. I wish I had toxic damage for my rifle though, then I could actually mod in more damage types.

At the moment I'm just leveling up a few trash weapons to 30 so I can ditch them forever. I haven't tried playing actual co-op yet because I don't like the feeling of leeching off everyone else who are probably much better equipped/skilled than me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 01, 2016, 07:05:10 pm »

Rifle toxic damage is relatively easy to find with a little luck, you just need a reasonably leveled frame, a gun or melee you like, and a tower I key. Corrupted Lancers are pretty common dudes.
Alternately according to the wiki, higher-level corpus enemies also drop them, or you could transmute it. Probably better off fusing your pile of vitalities into one great one instead of transmutation though, vitality is just as good as redirection is as a mod choice, though some frames prefer one or the other just from base stats.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:07:18 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 01, 2016, 07:38:05 pm »

That's the thing, when I first tried the orokin derelict earlier in the week my weapons were so weak that it was a slog, even tier 1, kept running out of ammo. I should be able to go through them a bit more easily now. Last time I went I think I got a mod that's really coveted... split chamber? Something like that.

EDIT: Never mind, it was Volcanic Edge. I forget where I got my Split Chamber, must have been ages ago.

EDIT 2: Oh, and I just had some guy called Stalker appear and basically oneshot me, so that was cool.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:06:19 pm by OzyTheSage »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 02, 2016, 05:34:44 pm »

One week left for Trini Prime Access.

Warframe forum hivemind mostly thinks it'll be Saryn Prime next.

Maybe we'll finally get the last few weapons that are still Chinese exclusive.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 02, 2016, 05:50:18 pm »

Theres more weapons left?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 02, 2016, 06:00:44 pm »

Kunai Prime, Nikana Prime, an auto-crossbow, a unique Penta (or just a Penta skin), and some sort of staff, according to the Warframe Wiki.

And Excalibur Umbra.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 02, 2016, 07:14:36 pm »

That's the thing, when I first tried the orokin derelict earlier in the week my weapons were so weak that it was a slog, even tier 1, kept running out of ammo. I should be able to go through them a bit more easily now. Last time I went I think I got a mod that's really coveted... split chamber? Something like that.

EDIT: Never mind, it was Volcanic Edge. I forget where I got my Split Chamber, must have been ages ago.

EDIT 2: Oh, and I just had some guy called Stalker appear and basically oneshot me, so that was cool.
Stalker is a dick that has like a 1% chance to appear on a given mission for each person that has his mark. You get his mark by killing bosses. He's annoyingly strong, and counters pretty much every warframe ability. A team can generally take it out, solo its extremely tough. The good news is that it will only kill you once in a mission. Some good drops, at least.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 02, 2016, 07:19:23 pm »

He can counter abilities because one of his is literally called Dispel. It dispels everything.

Theres also Shadow Stalker, who acts differently, still has Dispel, and only has a chance to show up post-Second Dream.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 04, 2016, 07:37:13 pm »

Tenno Reinforcements today.

Staticor: Radiation-dealing secondaries, with a charge-trigger. Hadouken guns, basically.
Porta Armour: circle-themed cosmetic armour.
Plus some Ability Augment mods for Atlas and Equinox.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 04, 2016, 07:40:08 pm »

Does Hadoken actually have a u in it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 04, 2016, 07:41:20 pm »

Google says yes and no. I dunno.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 04, 2016, 11:55:41 pm »

Bump because some of you may want to check your codexes for leaks. I was wrong. It's Spira Prime, not Kunai. They spin.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 11, 2016, 07:45:22 pm »

Triple post, woo!

Tactical Alert, Divine Will. This boss fight is painful.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 11, 2016, 08:34:28 pm »

What do you mean by 'leaks'? Am I going to have a strange puddle inside the Liset?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 11, 2016, 08:42:29 pm »

Things were in the codex before they were supposed to be.

Update 18.4.8 claimed to have fixed it. It was wrong.

Fixed Prime Spoilers from being shown to eager eyes  (still spoiling, apparently)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 133