Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245202 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #510 on: March 21, 2015, 12:07:31 am »

So, two things I've learned about Chroma, and one unrelated bit:
With a combination of buffs from himself, he can outarmor non-hysteria Valkyr temporarily.
He needs what feels like randomly chosen other warframe bits instead of orokin cells to craft the parts. Which is going to be annoying.

The third bit is Synthesis Target rep gains don't count against Simaris' cap, only using it like a codex scanner does. (maybe the sigil affects it too, I dunno)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 21, 2015, 04:03:24 pm »

Ah, hell. Back to the old "Strict NAT Detected. UPnP malfunctioning. Please forward..." &c. bullshit on each of the three connections I've played on, despite being from three different ISPs, with three different modems, each with UPnP enabled and (with UPnP both activated and deactivated) alternatively with all relevant ports forwarded (as well as forwarding through Windows Firewall), even while all firewalls are down.

And I'm stuck on progression because Augustus was made to be physically impossible to solo, as none of the points are within visual range of each other, one is stuck on an elevated platform, and another is in a dead-end at the opposite end of the map from the others. Now I remember why I stopped playing, fuckin' DE and their shitty peer-to-peer matchmaking. Not about to pay for a VPN for one game.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 21, 2015, 11:30:06 pm »

I've had all of one p2p issue, and it was yesterday and cleared up in the hotfix.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 22, 2015, 11:45:58 am »

Maybe I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling. Don't even have this with other games that use P2P matchmaking.

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 23, 2015, 04:59:43 pm »

Well, apparently redownloading through Steam did something. I still get the same errors, but I can find a squad about 50% of the time when I go into queue in a populated cell.

Also the game apparently decided to make it up to me, since on my first grind on Augustus I got a pair of Vicious Frost and Volcanic Edge mods literally back to back, as well as two of the three Oberon BPs. I'll take it, haha.

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 23, 2015, 05:03:35 pm »

Probably not if you're getting the same errors, but maybe its your ping setting. I know if the ping limit is set too low it breaks the matchmaker entirely, so I left mine on 325.

Also the game apparently decided to make it up to me, since on my first grind on Augustus I got a pair of Vicious Frost and Volcanic Edge mods literally back to back
Fancy.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 23, 2015, 05:09:36 pm »

Nah, it's the same shit about uPnP and Strict NAT. Either I've just got a full trio of shitty ISPs which somehow don't cause similar issues even on other P2P networked games, or it's DE's fault, given that it kept happening even when I ditched the router, plugged directly into the modem, forwarded all ports associated with WF, and took down all of my firewalls. I know which one I'm inclined to attribute it to, at any rate. S'not like it'll keep me from playing when I can, though, heh.

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 25, 2015, 05:30:30 pm »

Oh hey, free potato'd Dex Dakra and Dex Furis if you've been around for a good while. Cheers, everyone!

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 25, 2015, 05:54:19 pm »

Oh hey, free potato'd Dex Dakra and Dex Furis if you've been around for a good while. Cheers, everyone!
Or if you already had the Dex Furis from last year, free potato'd Dex Dakra and a free weapon slot + 5k credits. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 25, 2015, 06:34:05 pm »

Heh, true enough.

Though if I'd picked it up last year, I'd keep the second pair, since there are a couple different ways to build it and it's a fun gun despite the ammo issue.

e: Woo, got the raw potato drop I needed, Oberon's cooking away.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:53:45 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 08, 2015, 05:06:09 pm »

Bumping! It's not necroing, this thread is still alive!

Anyway, who else saw the Latron Prime bubble happening? I was grinding bits and pieces for my Rhino Prime, and was casting around for a cheap prime weapon to go with him, lo and behold I find out about the Latron Prime.

A few days after it gets taken off the rewards tables.

Queue "WTS LATRON PRIME SET 400p". Really? Luckily the Warframe community has some decent souls in it, a good soul sold me a full set for 15p.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 08, 2015, 05:14:15 pm »

Yeah, shit was funny watching the market scramble when the announcement about Frost Prime went out.

I'm happy, managed to pick up a max-rank Split Chamber for my Paris Prime for 25p, saves so much time and effort that can go into ranking up my other stuff.

3. Run Resize Enable

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 08, 2015, 05:17:17 pm »

I also got into the side business of selling R5 Gold cores, I seem to get them every drop, and I'm not too worried about ranking without them (more R5 silvers then i could shake a stick at). Also, another kind soul sold me a cheap Shred to go on my nice shiny Latron Prime so it can pierce, for 4p. I love the Warframe community sometimes.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 08, 2015, 05:21:42 pm »

Latron Prime is reminding me of Oberon.

"Huh, so Oberon comes from this planet? Might as well put him together for whenever I get around to having a free slot, he sounds cool..."
-And then he gets scattered across the galaxy Solar System like, a week after I got him.

"Huh, so we have most of the parts for this thing. Instead of ducats, I wonder if we can convince a T3 key out of recruit chat."
-Many weeks later, the bubble.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:23:27 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 08, 2015, 05:28:31 pm »

Heh, this is true. Speaking of Oberon, is it me or did they buff him hardcore? His smite is a guaranteed knockdown/radiation proc, the orbs now track targets, hollowed ground removes debuff procs and increases armor, the over time heal of renewal is boosted, and to top it off, reckoning now adds a small blind proc on any nearby enemies who didn't get reckoned. Srsly, I built him as a MR 2 newbie after farming many early defenses because I thought that was the way to really farm the good stuff (it's not, but it did max affinity with many things) but then I shelved him for the longest time, and now, Boom.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 133