Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245198 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #495 on: February 17, 2015, 10:52:35 am »

I just started playing a few days ago and HOLY FUCK THIS IS AWESOME I'M A SPACE NINJA IN SPACE!
Who'd you pick to start with?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 17, 2015, 11:59:04 am »

I just started playing a few days ago and HOLY FUCK THIS IS AWESOME I'M A SPACE NINJA IN SPACE!
Excalabur, since I wanted to go with a more up-front fighty kinda dude since the others seemed more caster and utility.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 17, 2015, 12:40:08 pm »

He is definitely the fighterdood. Slash dash is alright, radial blind is all of the useful utility, super jump...has very limited aerial invisibility, I guess?, and radial javelin stabs things that need to be stabbed quickly.

Volt is more about zapping things and wooshing away quickly afaik, and Mag (besides pull, which is always useful for knocking them all down and sometimes blowing up ospreys, as well as crush) is better off fighting the Corpus and stealing their shields.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 17, 2015, 12:42:03 pm »

Mag is also adorable, she's so tiny.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 03, 2015, 06:47:36 pm »

So I found out this was a thing today. Pretty neato, though from where I'd found it apparently its not perfect because phonetics.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 03, 2015, 07:02:39 pm »

An entire written language based on swords. Tenno, you do not disappoint.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 03, 2015, 08:45:39 pm »

Damn, this is way cooler than cursive. Why don't they teach this in elementary school?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 19, 2015, 09:25:41 pm »

Soooo another game i will never understand why i never played this game before, anyway any B12 cave/kingdom around? Kinda would lie to stick with ninja dwarf to be honest.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 20, 2015, 01:32:02 am »

Soooo another game i will never understand why i never played this game before, anyway any B12 cave/kingdom around? Kinda would lie to stick with ninja dwarf to be honest.

I'm around and started a new game quite recently, I've been playing quite a bit - my name on it is: Retropuchout

I have to say, whilst I enjoy it a lot, the grinding does get a bit much at times - especially as the drop rate for rare stuff seems to have been massively nerfed. It used to be that pretty much every defence (15) or survival I played through I'd have a couple of good rare mods/items, whereas now I've gone through a good 10-20 and not seen anything useful. I've never got into the whole dojo thing though, and I hear there's a lot going on with that so I'll check it out soon

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 20, 2015, 02:01:46 am »

Excalabur, since I wanted to go with a more up-front fighty kinda dude since the others seemed more caster and utility.
Good choice, yeah. Now that Loki's not a starter any more, there's a pretty strong argument to be made that Excalibur is far and away the best of the starters. He's simple to learn for new players, solid up through mid-level play even running solo as long as you're careful and mod for survivability, and can even hold his own in the late-game with a certain sort of build (i.e. oriented around maximizing Radial Blind first, not dying second, and everything else can eat it).

The main thing to keep in mind is that DPS-oriented builds will slowly but steadily fall off as you advance up to high-level content, while CC only gets better by comparison. Radial Blind isn't the best CC out there, but when you're modding with it in mind Excalibur's a solid frame because you've got a bit of beef to back it up.

That said, what I'm planning on doing (and what is generally good advice for just about everyone) is to wait for your daily reward to give you a decent discount on plat and pick up a bit (you only need 25 on top of the starter 50 you get for free) so that you can buy a Loki from the market. It's only 75 plat (compared to newer frames which are ~375ish), comes with a slot and a potato (each normally 20 plat), so you're basically getting a fully kitted out frame for 35 plat, and the Loki is one of the best for endgame content thanks to Radial Disarm (and his other abilities, mainly the invisibility, are still useful at that level, unlike Excalibur's two damaging abilities). There are other frames with better CC, but none come as cheap as that.  :P

--

On an unrelated note: RIP my Dual Ethers. I love them but I'm going to have to shove them in a locker labeled 'Infestation Invasions only' once I finish the last couple levels on them, since they're becoming increasingly useless. Guess I'll have to find something else to copter with until I hit my 8th mastery rank. Any suggestions?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 20, 2015, 10:14:02 am »

Its not my favorite weapon (Tempo Royale most fun stance), but the Tipedo's alright for going woosh. Personally I could care less about the coptering ability of my melee, directional melee tends to be more useful and the scindo prime has a nice solid-feeling one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 20, 2015, 10:36:32 am »

Heh, it's mostly for the sake of keeping up with the pace on usual pubstomp runs, and for speedrunning solo missions that I don't want to try fighting through (seriously, finally bothered to do those Archwing quest missions and I lost three of my revives to those fucking Orokin surprise-stunlock-instadeath lasers, and resolved the situation by coptering over the entire platforming area).

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 20, 2015, 10:51:13 am »

Meanwhile apparently U16 is out, which means Chroma(tic dragon) frame, the new relay bits & pvp, the raid thing, and some other misc things. Update notes here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 20, 2015, 11:54:00 am »

Thanks for the tips.

3. Run Resize Enable

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 20, 2015, 11:14:59 pm »

Is there a bay12 clan?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 133