Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245173 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #405 on: March 11, 2014, 03:19:24 am »

So just to confirm we can even assemble Prime Warframe without spending real cash??
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #406 on: March 11, 2014, 03:38:11 am »

Yep! Probably some of the longest grinding in the game, (unless you get lucky), on the highest end content (still not too bad if you're tricked out) but very possible. Be sure to check the void drop charts here for where the parts drop. Also note, that while prime frames look nice, their only benefit is one pre applied forma, which, ya know, isn't nothing, but I personally think that unless you like how the prime looks, it's not worth the time.

Although it is worth noting leveling up a prime frame will give you mastery even if you've leveled up the non prime counterpart.

Also worth noting - Prime weapons actually have statistical benefits over their non prime counterparts and as a result are fantastic. Some significantly so. Normal latron is eh at best, Boltor is pretty good but nothing particularly amazing. Latron prime is the second best gun in the game, with boltor prime taking top slot.

So yeah, to summarize, with some farming, prime frames and weapons are very possible, prime frames mostly look nice, prime weapons are a notable upgrade from non prime weapons.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #407 on: March 11, 2014, 04:45:03 am »

So just to confirm we can even assemble Prime Warframe without spending real cash??
You can only get primes from the Void, they're not purchaseable.

On note of the event, christ that was easy, I knew it wasn't going to be amazingly hard, but that was a bit rediculously easy.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 11, 2014, 07:02:41 am »

You can only get primes from the Void, they're not purchaseable.
Nope.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 11, 2014, 09:23:08 am »

Normal latron is eh at best, Boltor is pretty good but nothing particularly amazing. Latron prime is the second best gun in the game, with boltor prime taking top slot.

Mmmm no.

Top three DPS weapons are, last I checked:

1. Synapse
2. Soma
3. Supra

Although "best" is a pretty individual opinion when it comes to what you use in WF.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 11, 2014, 09:24:32 am »

I like to use the Latron mostly because I really dislike full auto weapons and I wanted something with a bit of range.

I actually find I do missions entirely with my secondary pistol.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 11, 2014, 09:53:59 am »

I like to use the Latron mostly because I really dislike full auto weapons and I wanted something with a bit of range.

I actually find I do missions entirely with my secondary pistol.

Secondary can easily get you through a whole mission, the only limiting factor becomes ammo which can be dealt with if you choose to mod for it. They're balanced to basically be the equal of primary weapons once they're modded.

Some of my favorite weapons are actually secondaries. Although right now I'm in love with the Supra. I love watching other players come to a halt when they see me unload 90 rounds in 3.5 seconds and mow down an entire hallway of guys.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 11, 2014, 09:57:29 am »

Yeah but what am I using my primary for if I just hate it?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 11, 2014, 10:05:30 am »

WF is all about finding guns and weapons that feel good to use and are at least semi-competitive in DPS. (Pretty much all weapons are competitive with enough mods on them.)

But yeah. There is basically no real reason for having two ranged weapon types after you've gotten enough mods to make one of them worthwhile, as one modded weapon with the ammo mutation mod can carry you through a whole mission.

There's an argument to be made for having two weapons configured for different challenges, but it's a pretty weak argument. Even with the variability of armor types between enemies in the same level, once your damage is high enough, those differences become miniscule.

Basically, WF scales terribly and a lot of the mechanical influence is only felt strongly at lower levels. Once you in the upper levels of Warframes, Weapons and mods, scaling and balance flies apart at the seams. In any other game this would be a crippling flaw, but since Warframe is essentially the Cheetos and Mountain Dew of co-op 3rd person shooters....no one really complains. At the end of the day it's about loot, looking badass and going fast.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #414 on: March 11, 2014, 11:45:45 am »

I do most missions without using my weapons at all lately. Perk of sticking to mostly Corpus missions.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 11, 2014, 01:12:13 pm »

but since Warframe is essentially the Cheetos and Mountain Dew of co-op 3rd person shooters....no one really complains. At the end of the day it's about loot, looking badass and going fast.

This... Does not make me feel happy about how much I've played the game, but it's so damn true.
I-I think I need a shower.

There's a lot of room for WF to become something more.....but as long as its built on a framework of repeatable missions and low failure rates.....it's essentially always going to be the non-PvP equivalent of CoD. For a while after damage scaling there was flirting with something approaching real difficulty...but the bulk of the playerbase rejects most things that they can fail at. (See: Master Rank 7 --> 8 test.) I hope in time they learn to refine what they have so far to produce some missions that you can't simply spam your way through. But even their "end game" seems like it's going to be built on the same premise: run this mission 100 times, kill hundreds of enemies in under 10 minutes, rinse and repeat.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:25:51 pm by nenjin »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #416 on: March 11, 2014, 07:45:57 pm »

DPSframe seems to think latron prime (presuming you fire at full speed and never miss a shot which is... kind've an extreme requirement) is above soma.

In either case, yeah, this doesn't matter much because anyone minmaxing to the level of not enjoying what they're using on warframe is missing the point entirely.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 11, 2014, 09:16:13 pm »

I really like Latron, because I kinda like planning my shots instead of firing semi-blindly. I used to go with the longbows but my finger hurts from all the button holding you need to keep it nocked.

But I'm definitely going to get a Soma too at some point, seems boss. There's definitely something chillaxing about just firing bursts without a care.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #418 on: March 11, 2014, 10:36:15 pm »

Bow note - Bows have been MASSIVELY buffed recently, they're actually pretty great if you prefer to aim now. Crit mods a must.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 12, 2014, 03:08:52 pm »

So I played ita gain today, and I remembered why I didnt really ahve a good look at it about a year ago. It keeps whining at me for having "strict Nat". I Opened the Ports the Game told me to, and I played a few matches with other people, so I guess it works. Its actually a lot of Fun, even if I have the distinct feeling that im weaker than im supposed to be. Should I grind on the very first planet for a while, before moving on? Is there a set Level I should reach before going towards Venus? Im running around with pretty basic gear, and dissapointingly, Melee weapons all cost Platinum, so im probably stuck with the starting sword for a while. I went for the Excalibur frame back in the day, dunno if thats the problem, but im going down like a wet towel in a lot of missions. The very first boss downed me thrice before I finally got him together with two others.

Also, if anyone wants to toss me a Clan invite, i'd be grateful.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 133