Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245160 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #390 on: March 08, 2014, 09:41:47 pm »

I'd already found out about the solo thing, the first mission I had on mercury ended with some guy appearing in it partway and rushing off, leaving me wondering why there were no enemies around unless you counted assorted containers. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #391 on: March 08, 2014, 10:11:04 pm »

Yeah, that's the unfortunate truth of the matter. Survival and Defense are a lot more enjoyable in groups!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #392 on: March 09, 2014, 05:53:14 pm »

If you're looking for a clan, OMFGLazorGunsPewPew could always use more members. We've kind of fallen behind on Tenno lab research on account of me hardly playing anymore, but we've most of the other stuff done.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 09, 2014, 05:59:39 pm »

Likewise, I'll toss you an invite if you want one to Finger Blasters. I think our clan research is pretty much done, although there's a few rooms we haven't built yet.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 09, 2014, 06:16:08 pm »

I played this long time ago (perhaps a year) but am considering a comeback. I don't have a lot of things acquired. What would you advise a beginner to do first? I believe I chose Volt as my starter.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 09, 2014, 06:17:03 pm »

Start doing progression from the last lowest level place you left off. (Mercury --> Venus --> Earth ...)
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2014, 08:17:02 pm »

Call me ignorant but I didn't even realise the progression is based on the distance of the planets relative to the sun! Somehow I feel so overwhelmed playing this game especially with all the new updates. I shall watch some tutorial videos first. I must say the Tenno designs are really impressive and make the game feel original.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 09, 2014, 09:14:56 pm »

I've got a normal Braton at Venus (Killed the Mercury boss, got a message saying I got 25k credits, and the braton was about that much in the market), I've gotta say I like it far better than the MK1.

@nenjin, DarklingWolf: Since I know both of you sorta, and I don't know how the clans work, what would there be difference if I picked between the two?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #398 on: March 10, 2014, 12:44:16 am »

Clan halls are constructed by players, so both halls will likely have a different layout, but mechanically there's not much of a difference between them besides what they may have researched.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 10, 2014, 12:47:50 am »

Note that you will still be able to access both dojos, you'll just be able to join one at will while needing to be invited to the other. And you'll only be able to buy weapons/frames from the first.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #400 on: March 10, 2014, 02:54:29 am »

But yeah, if Nenjin's clan has more research I'd say go for them, seeing as the only two active members of my clan are currently on hiatus from the game because World of Warcraft, so research isn't progressing much.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 10, 2014, 04:17:21 am »

I've tried it a good year or so back, maybe even more, but from what I recal there wasnt much to go around and the Servers were very unstable.

Im curious tough, how does the whole Warframe thing work? Can you unlock different guys by playing, or do you have to buy them? I've watched a few Vids and there seems to be a lot of variation when it comes to the Frames and their equipment. I'd actually be interested to try it sometime.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 10, 2014, 05:06:11 am »

So is the genetic elitism a real theme of the game or is it something that the game is oblivious to

Im curious tough, how does the whole Warframe thing work? Can you unlock different guys by playing, or do you have to buy them? I've watched a few Vids and there seems to be a lot of variation when it comes to the Frames and their equipment. I'd actually be interested to try it sometime

You grind and grind and then grind some more.

First you buy the recipe for the warframe (expensive), this will set you back a few hours, then you get the components which should be all across the world, then you start building it where you have to wait (probably a few days) until it is done.

Ohh and I forgot you need to level up the warframe individually as well and the weapons that synergize with it best (but to admit few Warframes ever really need different weapon loadouts... if any)

Mind you, I am making it sound WAAAY worse then it actually is. I mean in essence a warframe is an entirely new class and as far as free2play "We don't want you to buy anything ever" this is actually not so bad. Just get a bunch of friends and unlock warframes together. You will have a blast! (heck I had fun when I did it... It would have been more fun if I wasn't outleveled to the point where I was completely unhelpful... but the thought is still there)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:38:44 am by Neonivek »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #403 on: March 10, 2014, 05:44:41 am »

I've tried it a good year or so back, maybe even more, but from what I recal there wasnt much to go around and the Servers were very unstable.

Im curious tough, how does the whole Warframe thing work? Can you unlock different guys by playing, or do you have to buy them? I've watched a few Vids and there seems to be a lot of variation when it comes to the Frames and their equipment. I'd actually be interested to try it sometime.

I'm gonna go ahead and explain this too, because I thiiink it's gotten more convinient since Neovnivek played. It really did used to be a ton worse.

You buy the blueprint (few thousand credits, not that hard to come by anymore with invasions and tower keys), fight a boss (kinda grindy, but it's improved VASTLY from the past as a BP drop is now guarenteed, can take as little as an hour, maybe less if you're quick and have a good team) several times to get Blueprints for all the warframe parts (helmet, chassis, systems), spend resources and money to build the parts, wait for them to finish, spend the parts, an orokin cell, and about 30k credits (again, that's like three invasions/orokin tower keys, a good deal more significant, but not really a "farm all week" situation these days), wait 3 days, done.

The game very much operates on a pay for convinience (and cosmetics) model, but almost everything (if not everything) is available in game for free, you just have to grind for it. Cosmetics are Pay only, but honestly the starting pallette and the holiday palettes you'll accumulate over time are nice.

So is the genetic elitism a real theme of the game or is it something that the game is oblivious to

I think you're referring to the grineer, in which case, yes, the grineer are intensely xenophobic on a "enslave other races" level, and are clones of clones of clones, and as a result have decayed, and need big full body suit things to do anything. This is why heavy units are so huge, also why they're all wrinkly. The plot is addressing it more lately, but as of now warframe's plot is mostly an "out of game research" sorta thing, so you don't really see a ton of it in game. Mostly in boss dialogue in special event missions/assassination missions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 10, 2014, 08:58:50 am »

@nenjin, DarklingWolf: Since I know both of you sorta, and I don't know how the clans work, what would there be difference if I picked between the two?

Biggest difference would be Finger Blaster's sweet and totally inoffensive Clan Badge.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 133