Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245146 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #345 on: December 29, 2013, 04:10:18 pm »

Oh yeah, Rhino is a real tank when played right. A maxed Iron Skin greatly increases his survivability as well.

And with a Vanguard helmet, he becomes one of the fastest frames in the game, only taking a minor penalty to his ability power.

He's impossible to stop if played well. Sort of like the Kool-Aid man, if the Kool-Aid man was a homicidal space ninja.

I might be on later, I'm not positive yet. I have some family obligations to tend to.

My username is BlackFlyme, if anyone wants to know.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 29, 2013, 05:28:09 pm »

Fair warning though. Iron Skin does not scale well against Lvl 30+ damage. A barrage of Corpus lasers at 35 will shred Iron Skin.

So. Just don't let its performance at lower levels go to your head.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #347 on: December 31, 2013, 06:43:27 am »

Sent you an invite, my IGN's Kyratzes.  I have a Vermillion Antitoxin that I'm willing to use so nobody else needs to bring one.

Gotcha! If you manage to get a team together without me showing up, feel free to go ahead, I have my 100 now. I'll try to show up tomorrow though!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #348 on: December 31, 2013, 08:10:28 am »

Managed to get a group together to do it yesterday, thanks anyway though.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #349 on: December 31, 2013, 07:35:33 pm »

No prob! Sorry I've been MIA so much, I've been out of it the past few days. If you need an extra guy for anything else in the future feel free to drag me along. :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 02, 2014, 10:34:57 pm »

People at work have been bugging me to get in on this, so I'm going to give it a shot.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #351 on: January 03, 2014, 08:33:49 pm »

Delightful! Don't be afraid to ask the thread if you have questions, it's very confusing and hard to understand early on.

(also to wallrun you jump into a wall, straight at the wall for running UP it and at an angle to run along the wall

this will be very important later and generally if you see long white marks on a wall it's a sign that you should try running along that wall in that direction)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #352 on: January 11, 2014, 10:05:57 am »

To bump this thread, melee 2.0 and update 12 are right around the corner! Details about melee 2.0 include...

-Special THINGS that unlock as you level melee weapons

-Equipping the melee weapon as you do a gun (we don't lose the quick E attack in melee 2.0, switching to melee is just "melee mode"). complete with deflecting/blocking bullets with it while it's out

-General buffs for melee (note, just due to the nature of melee it will probably never beat a good gun, but melee 2.0 should probably at least not actively gimp you for trying to play a melee oriented style)

-Combo system (including combos for charge attacks)

-Blocking is actually useful in some respect

-various stances for melee weapons, including attack types (they specifically brought up a forward thrust attack you could do to break through guards)

Pretty sure it's coming with update 12, but it's only been implied, not confirmed. And as I recall, it was a similar situation with damage/armor 2.0 (implied it'd be coming with update 10, came out update 11). So take that with a pinch of salt!

As someone that wants melee to be useful so so bad, I am very excited for this.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 12, 2014, 01:40:52 pm »

I never figured out what blocking did at all
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #354 on: January 12, 2014, 01:55:32 pm »

If you have your gear modded right, it reflects 100% of the damage the enemy dealt back to it.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 12, 2014, 02:01:32 pm »

I believe it's 96%, not 100%. You need a mod for that.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 12, 2014, 02:14:35 pm »

I haven't really used it much, but without mods it just reduces melee damage and deflects some bullets while draining stamina.

With mods, it can reflect damage back to your attacker and may knock down melee attackers. There's also a mod that allows you to automatically block, but only if you aren't doing an action (reloading, attacking, jumping, etc.) and you must be facing your attacker.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 12, 2014, 08:25:53 pm »

Thanks for the tips, everyone!

also, I finally got rhino systems being made in the foundry at the time of writing, so I'll have myself a shiny new warframe by tomorrow night.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 13, 2014, 06:28:56 pm »

I think the thing I found most disappointing about melee was the fact that I couldn't even deflect enemies' melee attacks by blocking.

I hope a parrying system for perfect-blocking all damage is one of the things they implement in melee 2.0.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #359 on: January 14, 2014, 10:30:39 pm »

It drains your stamina! ba dum pssh

In all seriousness that's about all it does right now. It's a terrible idea to use it at all.

I think the thing I found most disappointing about melee was the fact that I couldn't even deflect enemies' melee attacks by blocking.

I hope a parrying system for perfect-blocking all damage is one of the things they implement in melee 2.0.

Dunno if a timing based system is going in; With DE's latency woes that seems like a good way to make blocking needlessly fiddly. Might have a "block now for extra reduction", thing, with a wide window for doing it, but I doubt perfect blocks removing all damage will get in, besides the bullet deflection thing that was mentioned, which sounds like a passive.

And just in case this has inspired anyone to try a blocking focused build? Don't. I've tried. Even a reflection/reflex guard build does absolutely pitiful damage.

In other melee news, the contest to make melee weapon concepts has finished up, and I'm linking a reddit thread because I don't know where the on forum thread is.

Not all of these are guarenteed, mind you, the design council will vote on 3 to win, but any submission submitted could potentially be turned into a weapon!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 133