Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245127 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #330 on: December 20, 2013, 05:27:54 am »

Hard to say since I had two rhinos spamming stomp, which makes most things pretty easy  :P. Unfortunately I forgot to check what level the enemies ended at, but I think it was mid-30's. The new damage scaling got pretty harsh near the end, but other that it didn't seem too terrible.

Near the end they can kill the tower pretty fast so you might want to consider a frost to spam snowglobe for the last 5% - 10% or something. You only have to protect the part with the consoles and the tubes and such, so it should all fit inside a snowglobe.

We has the outside version and the unbroken bridge was an excellent chokepoint that most of the enemies tried to cross, made it a lot easier. Not sure how the inside one would work out.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #331 on: December 20, 2013, 05:32:23 am »

Very good to know! I'll polish off my potatoed frost's levels in preparation then. Thanks!

30 or so is around an orokin derelict, rough but not super bad in most cases, but they're also grineer, so they have armor. Hmmmm.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 20, 2013, 06:04:05 am »

Just be careful, the damage buff the enemy received is pretty strong at high levels so they hurt a LOT more then you might expect. Eviscerators getting the bleed proc in particular - I've seen 40+ damage per bleed tick, ouch (and shields won't block it  >:( )

Might want to run a few high level (30+) grineer missions to get used to it, because you go down a lot faster then you're used to (or at least I did).
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #333 on: December 20, 2013, 12:12:41 pm »

So anyone interested in doing a Cirtine/Topaz run? Want to go for the 50 point reward before investing in the 100 point one.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #334 on: December 21, 2013, 11:09:25 pm »

I could help you out if you're still doing it! I'm mostly in this for the mods too.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 22, 2013, 06:28:06 am »

UncleWalrus and I both have the 15 point antitoxin, so we need two people with the 10 point ones.
We'll probably be going for a vermillion run after that if you want in too.
My cabbages!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 22, 2013, 09:26:35 am »

If you still want a fourth person, I'd love to get in on that.  I've got lots of sunlight threshcones, although I don't remember whether that makes a ten-point or fifteen point thing.  In-game name is Ktas.

I'm not really sure how helpful I'll be for the defense.  I can solo most level 15-20 missions, but I don't play defense much, and I'm not sure if it'll transfer well.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 22, 2013, 09:41:56 am »

Indeed still needing a fourth person. Now we just need to figure out a time we're all online at once :P

Also, anyone else having trouble with Alad V today? I've been in his mission about 9 times and between Zanuka falling off the map and him not spawning at all I haven't been able to finish one of them :|
My cabbages!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 22, 2013, 10:32:38 am »

I'm available at pretty much any time today or tomorrow, as long as I get a few hours warning.

Haven't done Alad V today, but I do know he's the only boss I haven't been able to solo so far.  I can down him, but Zanuka's shields recharge way too fast.  Especially with Alad blinding me.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #339 on: December 26, 2013, 01:21:37 am »

oh shit, well add me whenever you like Darkling Wolf! Seriyu in game. Got my 100 point done but I've got no beef with helping out B12ers.

Also I'm pretty sure the mot recent buff to Alad V broke him in some fashion. Pretty sure it's a noted issue, but it's christmas so the fix got put off.

I am impressed with Alad V, they made a boss that isn't invincible all the time that's still challenging! It's kind've in an irritating way, but something's gotta give.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 26, 2013, 05:16:23 am »

I have a spare Lapis I'm not going to use, if anyone needs it.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 26, 2013, 06:34:45 am »

I am impressed with Alad V, they made a boss that isn't invincible all the time that's still challenging! It's kind've in an irritating way, but something's gotta give.
Eh, with the right team comp he's piss weak. I can instakill him and drain a good chunk of Zanuka's health with an unoptimized Shield Polarize, then I just need a Rhino Stomp or a Snowglobe to prevent Zanuka from rezzing him.

On a good note, finally got my Blind Rage card, now I just need Fleeting Expertise and an industrial volume of Rare 5 Fusion cores and I'm set for 12 hour Corpus Survival runs.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 09:59:58 am by The Darkling Wolf »
My cabbages!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #342 on: December 29, 2013, 02:30:21 am »

Finally got on and accepted your request Ktas! Sooo I'm ready to help if you guys haven't finished.

Eh, with the right team comp he's piss weak. I can instakill him and drain a good chunk of Zanuka's health with an unoptimized Shield Polarize, then I just need a Rhino Stomp or a Snowglobe to prevent Zanuka from rezzing him.

Shield polarize really does neuter the entire fight, during the balance back and forth I kind've wondered why they didn't just make them immune to shield polarize.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 29, 2013, 09:15:14 am »

Sent you an invite, my IGN's Kyratzes.  I have a Vermillion Antitoxin that I'm willing to use so nobody else needs to bring one.
My cabbages!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 29, 2013, 10:14:29 am »

Ehh, my wifi pretty much died a couple of days ago.  So I'm probably out for running Cicero, or really any online stuff in the near future.  I'll probably complete Cicero by using my friend's wifi, and joining one of those "need help with vermillion run" people in recruiting.

Mostly, I added you so once I do have consistent wifi, I can play with a B12er in normal missions or something.  By the way, does anyone have a list of usernames posted in this thread?

In other news, I've recently made a Rhino frame.  It's my second frame, after my starter Loki(Which is potato'd and maxed).  Even with only a few ranks, it is freaking durable, to a massive extent.  However, I really miss invisibility- I have some nice efficiency mods on my Loki, and I can stay cloaked for obscene amounts of time.  Plus Rhino is really slow by comparison; I have a rush mod on my Loki, on top of its natural speed.

In short: Rhino is pretty much the exact opposite of Loki.  Completely different playstyle.  But it's fun.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 133