Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245106 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #285 on: December 12, 2013, 01:33:12 am »

New update, the invasion system from the events is now permanent, systems randomly get invaded and you get rewards for helping one side or the other. Infestation totally removed from the map, now they only come in infested invasions.

Damage 2.0 reworked (is it damage 2.5 now?). Blatently stolen from the official forums:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TL;DR version: magnetic, viral, and gas nerfed into the ground. Slash, heat, and electric nerfed fairly bad. Everything else is... reasonably well balanced Corrosive + blast still king.

I don't even know what they were thinking because it looks like a real mess to me now.

Edit: mag got trolled hardcore, because all her abilities do magnetic damage everything (except robots) is 75% resistant.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:43:26 am by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 12, 2013, 01:52:08 am »

yea...that change...is all kinds of crazy...here I was thinking yea, great step in the right direction...now its corpus crewman are the hardest to fight since they have shield, flesh and that helmet that absorbs ANY aoe and makes it as if the damage is only applied to there. But realy? magnetic doing nothing special to robots yet somehow effects armor? I could have seen them tweak the numbers, not feed it through a random number generater. Regardless I was wonder why my ignis was doing half damage to infested compared to before the patch...which they also nerfed the ignis by removing the ability to modify the color of the flame.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 12, 2013, 04:41:05 am »

that helmet that absorbs ANY aoe and makes it as if the damage is only applied to there.
So THAT'S why my ogris sucked against crewmen!

On topic, this change suck major d*ck. WTF?

Impact: Since it's mostly a melee/shotgun damage, the infested bonus is nice. But the flesh malus is weird since most non-infested melee units are shield/flesh. It should be a malus on armor I think.

Puncture: No real problem here. Carry a puncture primary and an impact secondary and you're sorted. Mostly. I think that's what is intended.

Slash: OMG WHY? The Slash damage was here to deal with INFESTED, on MELEE. 1.0 bladed weapond dealt 3x damage to light infested, and slash followed that.

Cold: Meh.

Electric: Electric used to be THE anti-corpus damage of 1.0, and remained second to magnetic in 2.0. Now it's just garbage.

Heat: Infested bonus removed, flesh bonus nerfed to the ground, malus added: garbage.

Toxin: Before it was just a worse Heat, now it's the only single elemental that doesn't suck. +25% armor is nice, infested bonus won't say no. Overall it's good versus infested AND grineer, but is the single rarest elemental ever. Thank you DE!

Blast: The new magnetic, yeah. Ogris is gonna wreck corpus.

Corrosive: Balanced now, I think. All hail Corrosive Blast!

Gas: It... Could be good against crewmen? It ignore shields so there's that.

Magnetic: Heavy nerf. Still somewhat efficient against corpus... Wait, -75% flesh? NEVERMIIIND.

Radiation: Cool improvement.

Viral: Forget it.

PREDICTION: A lot of whine, corrosive blast all over the place, and radiation against the infested.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #288 on: December 12, 2013, 06:39:52 am »

So basically this is not a good time to be a Mag who near exclusively uses melee damage?

Yaaay.

After playing a bit, yup, mag is basically useless now.

I burn 100 energy using Crush and kill about 3 of the 10 enemies I lifted, the rest of which are then set on their feet and commence shooting at me while I'm still mid animation.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:53:10 am by The Darkling Wolf »
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 12, 2013, 05:08:53 pm »

which they also nerfed the ignis by removing the ability to modify the color of the flame.

Wait what? That's got to be a bug, since they specifically patched the weapon to allow you to change the color of the flame.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 12, 2013, 05:29:51 pm »

which they also nerfed the ignis by removing the ability to modify the color of the flame.

Wait what? That's got to be a bug, since they specifically patched the weapon to allow you to change the color of the flame.
In fact, the flame now change appearance depending on the elemental damage. I have radiation AND IT LOOKS AWESOME
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 12, 2013, 07:04:09 pm »

I understand the reasoning, but I'd much prefer it being colorized like all other weapon energy.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2013, 07:41:32 pm »

They just completely redid the resistances AGAIN.  ???

I'm not sure if this is accurate but here we go: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#Overview_Table

All penalties from basic elements have been removed (except -25% vs robotic from viral) and most of the penalties from the combined elements have been lowered or completely removed.

Basically:

Corrosive + blast is still lazy anti-everything. It's only penalty (-25% armor on blast) is canceled out by +75% armor on corrosive

Magnetic + gas is best vs infested, -25% to flesh on gas makes it kind of meh as a general use though. It might be better against corpus then corrosive+blast depending on the shields to flesh ratio on crewmen, but I doubt it makes very much of a difference.

Viral + radiation is ok vs grineer. I don't know if the +50% vs flesh offsets the armor bonus on corrosive or not (depends on the ratio of armored to unarmed units I guess).

Special note: radiation went from +75% against infested to -50%, talk about a wild swing.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 12, 2013, 08:11:05 pm »

They really made Slash unappealing. Likewise, Impact is now King. Puncture is still good, although mildly penalized against shields.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2013, 08:29:20 pm »

I dunno, -25% flesh on impact kind of stinks since that's all grineer and half corpus, meanwhile infested don't have shields at all so the shield bonus is wasted.

Similarly slash gets +25% vs flesh, so all grineer and half corpus - -15% vs armor is not too bad, and -25% vs robots.. well at least most robots don't have much health.

I think the physical damage types are reasonably well balanced now even if they do feel kind of strange.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 13, 2013, 12:48:41 am »

Flesh is only half corpus, all grineers are Ferrite Armor. No exception.

And crap slash killed melee and a bunch of weapons. Most impact primaries are shotgun, and I have none of that.  :-\
Full Sig

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 13, 2013, 01:02:17 am »

Flesh is only half corpus, all grineers are Ferrite Armor. No exception.

And crap slash killed melee and a bunch of weapons. Most impact primaries are shotgun, and I have none of that.  :-\

Armor uses whatever is under the armor too - so if you get a 25% bonus vs flesh, you still get that bonus (minus what the armor absorbs) against grineer.

So slash is -15% vs armor but +25% vs flesh... overall you're actually getting a small 6% bonus to damage. (actually I'm not sure if it's multiplicative or additive, if it's just additive you get a +10% bonus vs grineer)

Meanwhile, robotics tend to have low health under the shields (fusion/corrupted MOAs and those riders they release being the exceptions) so the robotics penalty is not quite as painful as it seems.

Edit: That means impact's penalty also applies to grineer. Also, if all grineer are armored (I didn't remember for sure offhand) then corrosive + blast and viral + radiation do the same damage overall to grineer.... making viral + radiation totally pointless since it's got a ton of negatives and the only positive is +25% vs robotics... too bad about that -25% vs shields (all robotics are shielded afaik).

Edit2: As of today's hotfix/patch (Dec. 14) this might longer be true.

- Fixed  armor resistances stacking onto health - armor resists are applied the armor value instead.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 05:06:06 am by BurnedToast »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 17, 2013, 05:45:59 pm »

Attention clan members:

We're going to take a shot at getting a clan emblem uploaded. Everyone cross your space fingers and pray we don't get rejected :P

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 18, 2013, 05:08:27 pm »

Needs more beer, axes, dwarf beards, and decapitated goblins.

(nah I'm not even in your clan so ignore me)

Also, I was wrong about the dec. 14th update - previously corrosive gave you armor ignore... for example if an enemy armor had say, 80% damage reduction due to armor, corrosive would ignore 75% of that and so only 5% of your damage would be reduced. The dec 14th patch eliminated that and now it's just a flat multiplier like everything else.

Which means.... armor scaling is once again out of control on high level armored units (the exact problem damage 2.0 was supposed to solve) only now all our AP damage sources have been removed so.... yeah.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 18, 2013, 05:12:32 pm »

Attention clan members:

We're going to take a shot at getting a clan emblem uploaded. Everyone cross your space fingers and pray we don't get rejected :P

Is it my imagination or are those hands both making the "female masturbation" motion, which harmonizes nicely with the heart beneath and the lotus-type shapes above?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 133