Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245091 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #270 on: December 03, 2013, 06:46:37 pm »

V auras are like EVERYWHERE (as in: nearly all frames have a V-polarity aura slot), but there is only TWO V auras: rifle damage and melee damage...
All the aura mods bar three or four are - polarity...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 03, 2013, 06:49:50 pm »

Buying forma is kind of a waste unless you want it RIGHT NOW for some reason. T3 void missions have a 33% chance to drop a BP, and any void survival missions have a decent chance at forma/forma BP. If you farm any sort of prime equipment or frame you will probably end up with more forma then you can ever use.

Uh, no. Been farming for Prime stuff for the last month and a half. I'm pretty confident on what the drop rate is, and it's not high enough to meet my needs.

So far I've used.....over 30 Forma, excluding what it took to build the Dojo (which I ponied up almost entirely myself, TYVM.) When you factor in needing to farm keys, the RNG, the credits and the mats for Forma BPs....buying them makes plenty of sense. Yes, it's a choice to pay for the convenience and pain removal. I'm already farming the void as it is and every Forma gets made and used pretty much as soon as I get it. And rather than rotating a bunch of crappy weapons until I do get some Forma....I'd rather just spend some plat to buy it, and keep on with the weapon I'm currently paying attention to.

And yeah. V is a worthless polarity slot for most Warframes. What's really annoying is most frames start with a V in the Aura slot....which gives you exactly two choices: Rifle Amp or Steel Charge. Forget that Energy Siphon, Rejuvenation and the Ammo Auras are the only ones people use.

On the other hand, for weapons, V is the most important slot bar none.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:07:27 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 03, 2013, 09:08:32 pm »

well...I just got a forma(not blueprint) as a log in reward...so maybe it isn't that rare...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:10:21 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 03, 2013, 09:14:46 pm »

Acquired Vanguard Helm. Became Fat NinjaTM.

Also, I've only ever gotten two forma blueprints. One was from an alert mission yesterday, and the other was a log-in reward a few days ago. I made one, but I'm still missing one neural sensor to make the other. Other than sensors, I'm actually set for a few forma blueprints, materials-wise.

Also, the only aura I have is shotgun scavenger. Which is a - polarity.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #274 on: December 03, 2013, 09:38:21 pm »

V slots aren't so bad on warframes. Some frames get a whole lot out of attack power, and provoked, while it relies on you dying, actually provides a pretty hefty attack boost. Continuity is nice too, and is inexplicibly a V.

I do agree that all the best auras are bar though. I still don't forma aura slots because it's a neat little encouraged "passive" for the warframe.

Also yeah, Vanguard helmet removes rhino's one downside. You are now an incredible monster.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 03, 2013, 11:41:43 pm »

I've only just noticed that the kestrel has two polarities. I've never noticed them sitting in the bottom right corner slots. I've been wasting so many potential mod points. Also, it rag-dolls almost everything it hits, which is hilarious.

I just completed an exterminate mission against Infested solo. I was hoping to stealth my way through, but those things are practically psychic. At least they are kind enough to come at me in a nice, mostly straight line. Outside of getting absolutely mobbed by a massive group, the only challenge I get from them is when an ancient is hiding around the corner buffing them or hindering me.

E: Just noticed that I got a free mod with my platinum. Shred is a rifle mod that adds 5% firerate and 0.2 puncture for each rank. Looks like I finally have a use for fusion cores, since I doubt I'll be finding others like this very often.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:53:41 pm by BlackFlyme »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #276 on: December 04, 2013, 12:12:21 am »

Shred can also be found in nightmare missions, but bypassing the RNG is always nice. Nightmare missions in general are great for mods! But yes, Shred is a particularly good nightmare mod. 

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 04, 2013, 01:31:22 am »

I don't think shred is particularly good myself.

11 power gets you only 30% increased fire rate - speed trigger gives you 60% for 9 power.

Shred gives you punch through as well.... but I've never found that particularly useful. It sounds nice, but it's just too expensive/not worth the mod slot for what you get.

Edit: I admit I never maxed my shred out to test it though
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 04, 2013, 01:34:43 am »

punch through is really great for groups of enemies as the bullet will go through the enemy in front when they die so you can mow things down faster instead of wait till each enemy goes down...its better for machine guns really.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 04, 2013, 04:38:06 am »

punch through is freaking awesome.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #280 on: December 04, 2013, 05:06:48 am »

Also of note; Punch through will go through allies too. So if you run missions and people are always getting in the way of your gun shots because "I PLAY LIKE A SOLO PLAYER FOR SEEMINGLY NO REASON BUT TO SPITE EVERYONE AROUND ME"? There you go!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2013, 01:43:21 pm »

I think I've managed to die more in the clan Dojo than I have in the actual game by this point. Wallrunning kills.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 05, 2013, 02:27:48 pm »

How....how have you died in the Dojo?
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #283 on: December 05, 2013, 02:30:41 pm »

Skill.

But seriously, in the main hall, if you climb into one of the recesses at the side and run up the wall at the edge of it then dash sideways you fling yourself out of the map.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 05, 2013, 02:40:58 pm »

Skill.

But seriously, in the main hall, if you climb into one of the recesses at the side and run up the wall at the edge of it then dash sideways you fling yourself out of the map.

Huh. I did that all the time out of boredom, never gone through the map.

Although it seems like map piercing issues have really gone up as of late.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 133