Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245093 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #255 on: December 02, 2013, 12:57:45 pm »

There's a couple ways:

-Alerts (usually ones that last a day and are part of the livestream hype)
-Events (probably even rarer that they hand out Forma)
-Tower Mission Rewards
-Tower Survival Rewards

And buying it with platinum. Which honestly, next to Reactors and Catalysts, is the #1 reason to buy plat.

Your best bet is to run Tower I or II Survival. Go to 30 minutes and you're almost guaranteed to see 1 Forma blueprint before it's over.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 02:41:09 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 02, 2013, 03:46:55 pm »

clan tech is expensive...i didn't realise that a weapon like the ogris requires 5 detonite that you can only build one at a time...meaning it takes 195k credits and 84 hours(3.5 days) to craft it...while I hope de doesn't go more overboard with this, i suspect they will with the next step being weapons that use more then one research items.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 02, 2013, 06:01:40 pm »

Is their an Bay12 Clan?
I been playing this an while and want to play with people here.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #258 on: December 02, 2013, 06:53:24 pm »

On the forma note, note that if you can manage it, which is a big if, tower 3 keys drop forma blueprints more then half the time. It's a really good way to get forma, but at the same time they are positively packed with ridiculously high level enemies.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 02, 2013, 07:05:12 pm »

Is their an Bay12 Clan?
I been playing this an while and want to play with people here.

Not as far as I'm aware of. I started a clan with a group of RL friends, and have been taking in refugees ever since :P
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 02, 2013, 07:33:28 pm »

I just won a 50% off coupon for platinum in the daily rewards roulette.

I don't know if I should buy some. Should I?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:15:52 pm by BlackFlyme »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 02, 2013, 08:11:59 pm »

Buy, because you'll never win a discount again, :P
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 02, 2013, 08:18:06 pm »

At this point I think I've sunk $60 into Warframe. So, I think it's worth the money you choose to spend. If you don't go blowing it on complete Warframes, weapons and color packs, you can make plat last a looong time. Only buying it for Forma, Catalysts and Reactors can make a little bit of plat last a while.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 02, 2013, 08:30:14 pm »

For $30 I can get 1000p, which I think would last quite a while if I only spent it on things I can't otherwise get though credits. But my deal lasts almost 2 days, so I have some time to mull it over.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #264 on: December 02, 2013, 08:58:08 pm »

There's a 75% off plat coupon, but it's fairly rare, never seen one. 50% off is decent.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2013, 01:49:09 am »

I've got -50% fairly often. Which is kind of bad since I have ~2800 founder plat leftover  :P
I'd rather get orokin catalysts, but those are super-rare.
Never saw the -75% myself.
I should be able to sell the coupon ingame, that would net me some mods I think :P
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2013, 06:02:05 pm »

Shame coupons aren't transferable. Oh well, I got 1k plat now. Not sure what to spend it on.

Also got myself a Rhino. Takes a while to build warframes, even if you have all the components ahead of time. I'm going to have to grind a bit though, level one frames are pretty fragile.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2013, 06:31:45 pm »

GO to appolodorus (survival) on mercury, it's pretty easy to survive to 10 or 15 minutes solo even with a lvl 1 frame and that will hopefully get you enough exp to fit your redirection (or whatever the shield mod is called) and you're good from there.

100% of exp from kills made with your warframe powers go to the frame so spam spam spam those powers once you can equip them

At this point I think I've sunk $60 into Warframe. So, I think it's worth the money you choose to spend. If you don't go blowing it on complete Warframes, weapons and color packs, you can make plat last a looong time. Only buying it for Forma, Catalysts and Reactors can make a little bit of plat last a while.

Buying forma is kind of a waste unless you want it RIGHT NOW for some reason. T3 void missions have a 33% chance to drop a BP, and any void survival missions have a decent chance at forma/forma BP. If you farm any sort of prime equipment or frame you will probably end up with more forma then you can ever use.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2013, 06:42:47 pm »

Shame coupons aren't transferable. Oh well, I got 1k plat now. Not sure what to spend it on.

Also got myself a Rhino. Takes a while to build warframes, even if you have all the components ahead of time. I'm going to have to grind a bit though, level one frames are pretty fragile.
Slap a max level  V-polarity aura on him, max level iron skin, some redirection to boot, and bam, done, you have an unranked frame with 500 shields and 1200 iron skin HP.
Also you may buy the Vanguard helmet for Rhino. 45 plat IIRC, +25% speed. Makes him one of the fastest frames ironically.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 03, 2013, 06:44:23 pm »

If you really need forma tell me I can take you through a T3 or T2 survival to get you a bunch of forma. Also if you need a rarer mod I will give you some for free and I can give you a V aura if you don't have one.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 133