Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245035 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2013, 11:43:02 pm »

Weapons released! Machete Wraith is pretty boss, Brakk is apparently a bronco esque shotgun pistol. Log in and get them quick, because if something bugged out and you didn't get them, you have ten days to let support know. And DE's support is notoriously kind, so really all you need to do is let them know, especially with something widespread like this. Maybe a screenshot of the inventory with no weapon in it to speed things up or somethin.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2013, 09:14:42 am »

I got a Hate scythe thing blueprint from Santa Stalker, should I bother building it? I've read everywhere it has really lame reach...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2013, 09:17:57 am »

Is pretty quick though, and does good damage. Might be AP? I dunno.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2013, 07:01:15 pm »

Seems servicable enough just from the stats. I know for a fact it doesn't stack up to Orthos/Galatine, but nothing does, so that's not a big deal. It's definitely a charge attack weapon, so build for that. (charge attack damage is 4x that of normal attack damage, and the charge attack pierces defense) Crit stats seem average to low.

Melee weapons eventually fall off hard before the end game (they're working on it, I personally think this is why we've seen an influx of high powered melee weapons, trying to figure out what would make them tick exactly in endgame), so it's more important to use what you want to use. Or use Dual Zorens (the Machete Wraith with fury on it is good too) for "Zorencoptering", which is jump, slide in mid air, melee attack. You rocket forward at a pretty incredible speed. Pretty great way to gain momentum in a hurry.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 31, 2013, 07:08:22 pm »

Yeah, a friend got the Galatine and its charge rate goes from agonizingly slow, to as fast as a single-handed weapon's normal attack, with max charge speed mods. Thousands of damage. Guys, up to 5, go flying like God just smacked them with a baseball bat. In a race against the Infested, him vs. my Dual Ethers (which are infested rending machines), he still beat me out by 100 kills, even at Rank 20. It's to the point now where he even 1 shots Ancients. Needless to say I'll be building one. I hate weapons that are only effective when charging (why I like the Dual Ethers so much.) But the power is hard to ignore. That + Smoke Bomb and I'll be doing red crits in 10k+ range.

Their plans for melee are about trying to integrate charged attacks into normal attacks to make flowing combos. The animations look pretty good, but I don't know if I'm quite sold on the idea, unless you can break out of those animations easily.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2013, 07:12:49 pm »

Trust me, I am basically on your side with this. I much prefer normal attack weapons myself, and yeah,  I can say, even despite this, the galatine is totally worth it and very fun.

And yeah, the "op I attacked one too many times oh god I'm being eaten by infested" effect is pretty strong. I wonder if you can block cancel? I should give that a try.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2013, 04:22:29 am »

So what I'm reading is that I should scrap my Gram just about every melee I use and build a Galatine.
Sounds like a good enough idea, I suppose.

EDIT: Also, just got the last part of Frost Prime I need, :D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:18:38 am by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2013, 05:29:41 am »

Use what you want to use, most anything can be made viable! With that said, if you were going for gram because "hell yes greatsword" as opposed to "hell yes laser greatsword", then galatine may well be up your alley anyway!

Also I just got the last part of frost that I needed. It's like a wierd pseudo co incidence. I also just realized I'll have two frames building simultaneously tomorrow. That blueprint drop change really helped, wow.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2013, 07:27:25 am »

I need to hurry up and win a plat discount so I can get more frame and weapon slots, I'm fresh out.
And I already had a Gram, :D I've played over 120 hours.
I'll probably switch over to the Galatine. I don't really have a reason not to, and it looks a lot better than the Gram, IMO.
Besides, it can send groups of people flying homerun style.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 07:39:51 am by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 03, 2013, 04:20:59 am »

So there's a few things to note that we hammered out over several days of playing.

Nightmare Missions - There's no reason to do high level ones, and absolutely no reason to do high level Nightmare Survival except for the XP or challenge. The end of mission reward in ANY Nightmare mission is fixed, it will be those dual effect mods. Run Nightmares til you get the ones you want then forget them.

Survival is basically the most efficient way to play the game. XP, Mods, Mats, Keys, even cash. About the only thing you won't get doing them are Patterns.

There's no benefit to fusing mods together to make a single, higher level mod...before you fuse into an existing mod to level it. You actually make less mod xp in the end and spend more money. The amount you get for fusing an unidentical, non-matched polarity, base level mod is MORE than you get for higher levels of it. So you may get 40 for just fusing the lowest level one, then 60 for the next level, 80, 100.....The downside is, you spend large chunks of cash fusing off 20 mods at the end of a 15 minute survival.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 03, 2013, 05:12:19 am »

Is this still an event simulator with horific game balance?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2013, 01:07:11 pm »

-fusion stuff-
If we speak in "energy" needed, it works like this:
-Unco are worth and need 2x more energy to level than common, rares 3x.
-Each level needs twice as many energy to get to than the previous.
-Each time a mod level up, it is worth 1.5x more energy, not 2x.
-When the mod you're fusing with another is different, but has the same polarity, it brings 0.5x the energy it's worth.
-When the polarities don't match, it's 0.25x.
-Fusion cores are simply mods with all the polarities.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2013, 10:20:51 pm »

Armor/Damage/[Words] 2.0 is out!

There's a rundown here on the forums - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132366-information-on-damage-20/

Short version, weapons have been split into three damage types, puncture, slash, and impact. Base damage mods raise all those damage values. Elemental mods Add elemental damage to your weapon. Elements can combine into other elements when their effects proc, on crit. This can be done between weapons IE hit once with a sword, lights them on fire, shoot them with an ice handgun, blast effect procs.

The various damage types have different effects, I don't remember all of them, they're in the post. Armor strength has been reduced drastically.

Codex is also out, allowing you to kind've take pictures of enemies to get drop info. A lot like pokemon snap.

There's a bunch of other things too, but that's the big stuff.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2013, 12:05:08 am »

Wow, yeah, lots of changes. Full screen map (thank god), Trading Mods and Keys in the Dojo, new UI (again) that I don't really like (again) but that will perhaps grow on me like the last iteration did. (What was wrong with the previous icon styles? I really dislike the look of these new ones, although the fully integrated options bar is nice, finally, everything all in one place.)

Some mod tweaks. Warframe skins. The Hunt for Alad V event. Several new bosses. A couple new weapons (shotguns it seems, and the Grineer Whip.) The new Berzerker Warframe Valkyre.

This is a damn big update. The core of it though, I dunno, I need more time with it. But it seems to have failed at its initial goal of reducing rainbow builds. There's even more reasons to pile more elements on your weapons. Sure, they've eliminated contradictory effects like burning guys being frozen, or frozen guys starting on fire. But they haven't really removed the reasons for putting 4 different elemental mods on your weapons. They've just reduced the # of effects you get out of it, and moved the proc effect to its own attribute separate from everything else. But that doesn't change the fact that highest damage = most effects, for the most part. In terms of DPS, I think stacking as many elements as you can after you've done the critical ones will still be tops. Half the elemental effects are fluff when guys will be dead in less than 2 seconds. Maybe it will matter more in high level play, where all this stuff will really be put to the the test. (Time to do some Void runs I think.)

Proc rate of elemental effects is now based on the "status chance" of a weapon, and it's something you can mod for. So hurray for not binding it to crit, although this means most enemies won't be paralyzed when you shoot them with a face full of fire unless you mod for it. It also adds yet another mod competing for space in your build. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but for most people it will probably mean they just rarely see their procs (see above why that won't matter for the majority of play.)

On top of that, they've changed the level scaling as well. Lvl 40 now = Lvl 100 from before. I was fighting level 15 guys earlier, but it was hard to really suss out how armor has changed. It's going to take a while to feel out how things are, because you still can't trust the math on the Arsenal page.

It's a lot to take in. Honestly, I think the most important thing out of this besides armor is the level scaling. Right before the last patch, people were posting videos of 5 hour survivals against 2000 level enemies. Clearly the game didn't have long-term balanced dialed in, and between the two changes I believe they're attempting to do that. But I think they're going to be doing a lot of tweaking on Thing 2.0. Because you can't upend game balance like that without breaking quite a few things. And all these changes are only a couple months in the making, on top of all the other Warframe updates.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 12:16:20 am by nenjin »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2013, 12:47:22 am »

Yeah it's definitely rough around the edges, but all in all it's a step in the right direction. There's also a corpus gatling pistol in there.

Hard to say if rainbow builds have really been hurt that much, but even if they haven't I'm just enjoying being able to force lightning mobs of dudes to death with volt outside of mercury and venus. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if there was a minor shock nerf eventually, you can really clear out a room with it now.

Oh, also, Soma has had it's crit marginally reduced, and gorgon and hek got a huge crit buff to 50% base. Soma nerf - good, Gorgon buff - good (it has some pretty terrible base damage, and it's out of the shop too so I guess that's a thing too) Hek buff - whut? I was under the impression that if you were using it like a shotgun instead of trying to kill dudes from across the room, it was actually pretty brutal already.

But the beauty of the new update is that I don't really care that hek might be the new strun wraith, because I can do what I want with my weapons for the most part, because armor isn't thwarting all my attempts at doing things that aren't Soma + Acrid + Dual Ichors.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 133