Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 244883 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #960 on: October 26, 2016, 06:42:49 am »

Well, you can, but good luck finding one these days.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 26, 2016, 07:44:59 am »

I've just realized... Hek truly is the best weapon in the game. Not because it's strong or anything (well yes), but because when you use a heavily upgraded one in low-level missions all the enemies go flying all Team Rocket-like when you shoot them. If you've got some punch-through, crowds of trash can magically disappear or explode into clouds of credit-confetti. The closer you are, the stronger the effect; a point blank shot will propel ragdolls so hard that they'll bounce off of walls 20 meters away and come back to you. It's beautiful.
tbh the penta is pretty great for this too. it even works all the way up to sedna, in my experience.

i'll happily taxi people around, i have most missions except for eris. theOperand in-game, although i live in europe so timezones :v

and putting stars in sculptures is super unintuitive. you have to actually open up the pretty full-screen view of your sculpture and then click the empty sockets, which took me ages to figure out.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 26, 2016, 11:22:59 am »

Hek plus Sonicor (or Kulstar) plus Bullet Dance Redeemer and you can have all of the blasts you want.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 26, 2016, 01:04:49 pm »

i'll happily taxi people around, i have most missions except for eris. theOperand in-game, although i live in europe so timezones :v

and putting stars in sculptures is super unintuitive. you have to actually open up the pretty full-screen view of your sculpture and then click the empty sockets, which took me ages to figure out.

Honestly "unintuitive" is a good description of most of the game. Definitely one of those titles where you have to have a wiki page open in the background until you've internalized all the important stuff.

And speaking of old problems that still exist, one of the Earth tileset evac zones... Hoo boy, they still haven't fixed the broken collision on that. It's the one where you run down the stairs and S-path to the large circle, with a loot-room on a path to both the left and right. Next time you're on a team mission that ends on that chunk, try jump-rolling into the side of that main round platform below the lip, right where you'd go if you jumped off the stairs instead of following the catwalk. You go straight through, there's a bit that you can stand on that'll reset your fall-recover position to be down there inside the wall, and there's overhead collision to make it extra-difficult to jump out.

If you do it on the far side of the platform you can get entirely underneath and inside and become trapped right below the surface.

And yeah, I'll taxi people as well if you happen to catch me while I'm on, but TBH I don't think I have anyone added. Name's the same in WF as here, sans the space.

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 26, 2016, 02:23:35 pm »

Oh, there's a blue tater invasion that just popped up, folks.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:27:16 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 26, 2016, 02:28:01 pm »

the war within leaked to be coming out november 9th??

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 26, 2016, 02:30:11 pm »

Its confirmed to november, but the 9th I haven't heard about.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 26, 2016, 03:01:47 pm »

Hopefully sooner rather than later, we need an endgame to replace endless t4 survival.

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 26, 2016, 04:10:24 pm »

Its confirmed to november, but the 9th I haven't heard about.
Reddit is saying that an article contained that date, but it was edited out.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 27, 2016, 02:33:26 am »

So I lucked out by getting a -75% platinum cost thing (days ago, going back now I woulda spend 21 € on 2200 instead of 10 € on 1000 ) and got some platinum to spare. Any recommendations? I was already told about the market site and I need some primed mods, but they seem awefully expensive...

Currently working on the Jat Hammer thing, apperently it is good according to some tier lists.

And you can mod-mods? Is this stuff ever explained in all the pop ups I click past? Ahhaaa....

This is also the first game that promisses me a bonus... if I log in once daily for 60 days - thats some long term commitment.

I kinda like it though. Like Diablo with more grind? Sadly all the missions everyone does to be effective seem to be grind/xploit based (Defense with afk & done champs, Surival with nekros, etc etc)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #970 on: October 27, 2016, 02:38:11 am »

Unlike every other game, it doesnt reset if you miss a day... or a year...
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 27, 2016, 02:41:41 am »

Try not to buy from the in-game market. If you can craft an item, you should craft it rather than buy it. Same for resources; most can be farmed easily enough.

Though yea, people will try and squeeze plat out of you in trades.

Jat-Kittag is real good. Staggers enemies often and deals decent damage.

You can't mod mods. You're limited to increasing their ranks with Endo.

Quite a few games offer log-in rewards I think. Mostly MMOs that make you work for it in my experience by doing inane shit.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 27, 2016, 06:43:02 am »

The only things you should ever buy with plat from the game itself are weapon and warframe slots. Everything else runs the gamut from "ripoff" to "total ripoff". Maybe buy a color sheet or two if you want to fashionframe. Other than slots and cosmetics (and setting up a clan and dojo), everything can be achieved in-game. In truth, you can even get those from playing the game by farming salable items and trading them to less patient players for plat.

What that plat's mainly there for now is getting your hands on stuff that's been vaulted, and on short-cutting access to mods that only drop from high-level content. Post-Tower void play (i.e. relics) is absurdly easy both directly and to guide yourself to getting what you want.

Under no circumstances should you ever buy taters, forma, weapons, &c. with plat. Massive waste, you'll only ever be short on anything early on.

Also yeah the login bonus counter doesn't reset if you miss a day. There's much more than that 60 day reward. This January(?) we're going to be coming up on the first access to Primed Vigor for those who've logged in for 400 days since the system was changed to this.

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 27, 2016, 11:53:02 am »

With bought plat, I'd say the 3 for just over the cost of 1 forma bundle is a nice start, since you don't just get forma thrown at you constantly in void missions anymore. But only once, forma aren't exactly rare or expensive to craft. Like FD said, you should use most of it only on slots. You want lots of slots. Don't waste it on rushing things.

Also, go to your arsenal and look at how the the non-tennogen capes/syandanas look while you've got some plat. Get one if you like it enough. Maybe get a palette if holiday palettes like shamrock aren't the colors you want. Don't bother with armor sets unless you have more plat than you know what to do with, or that one time when hunhow's gift was half off.

Alsoooo, don't expect to trade for primed mods. Not only do you have to deal with trade chat's love of huge prices, but you have to dump 1 million credits in trade tax each. Just build up ducats and wait for baro to cycle to non-shit inventory.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 27, 2016, 11:59:17 am »

I spend plat on forma when I just can't be assed to farm for it. Once you have that "go to" weapon forma'd up, there isn't really a pressing need for more. It's just pain-removal at that point.

Especially when I'm only playing a couple days a month or something. It's just easier to buy Forma that it is to remember to sign into claim it from the Foundry.

If you're playing WF full-time, yeah, there's little reason to buy anything other than slots. Even with like 1000 plat in my bank I wouldn't buy WF's or weapons.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 133