Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 244973 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #915 on: October 07, 2016, 02:54:20 pm »

I think making vacuum a mod is the best solution. Then again, I started playing like Monday  (after having completed the tutorial a year ago and then stopped). Already had a carrier, though, since some high-level friends got me playing again.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 07, 2016, 03:03:16 pm »

As an outsider, this vacuum argument is pretty funny. I don't use carrier any more, haven't since I got a Huras.

Most of the arguments made are that collecting the drops slow down the game. I'm just not seeing it. Most of the mission types, I just 'beast mode' through, never bother with containers or lockers unless they are directly in my path. Static missions like defence, survival, and interception give ample opportunity to just walk over to shit that drops. If you absolutely need a rare resource drop then chances are you will farm a boss that has it high on the loot table, or you will do a DS survival with a loot frame.

Another argument is that an item has clipped through the floor or wall. That isn't a vacuum issue.

The vacuum luxury should be a point of consent. If you are constantly out of ammo or energy and can't make it through the pack of enemies to get the drops, look at your build first.

In a game about mass farming rare materials to craft shit, maybe take a look at the post-game stats of people that do use Vacuum and those that don't.

And that's not even addressing the meta of pickups in a 45 or 50 minute survival match.

Like I said, there's a reason my builds need Carrier. When you're pressing 4 10 times a minute and blowing through 300 energy to do so, it's nice to auto pick up that energy as your ability plays out instead of having to run around and hunt it down.
...but what will you do when they eventually nail down a good rework for Bladestorm? Though at the rate its taking we might actually get War Within before it happens.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 07, 2016, 03:04:38 pm »

...but what will you do when they eventually nail down a good rework for Bladestorm? Though at the rate its taking we might actually get War Within before it happens.

Cry, I suppose?

TBH Ash is the only Warframe that has ever been able to keep my attention, between the aesthetics and the performance of their abilities.....ok, really just Bladestorm. Because the rest I could take or leave for the most part.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 07, 2016, 04:18:40 pm »

In a game about mass farming rare materials to craft shit, maybe take a look at the post-game stats of people that do use Vacuum and those that don't.

Those post game stats of the carrier user include all the pickups they acquired whether they needed them or not. Dropped 10 energy? don't worry, carrier will scoop that 50 orb. Shot two rounds from your primary and then did a safe reload? Don't worry, carrier will scoop up that full mag. It did collect those 50 units of alloys though.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 07, 2016, 04:33:46 pm »

I compare with friends on the stuff that matters. Neurodes, Neural Sensors, blah blah. The ones using Carrier always walk out with more resources than the ones that don't. It doesn't particularly matter for me, who has been playing long before the resource rework, but for new players it can make a difference.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 07, 2016, 05:09:53 pm »

Those post game stats of the carrier user include all the pickups they acquired whether they needed them or not. Dropped 10 energy? don't worry, carrier will scoop that 50 orb. Shot two rounds from your primary and then did a safe reload? Don't worry, carrier will scoop up that full mag. It did collect those 50 units of alloys though.

Eh, usually energy balls and ammo aren't that scarce to begin with.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 07, 2016, 05:27:32 pm »

Eh, usually energy balls and ammo aren't that scarce to begin with.

The point was that those pickups inflate the count of a vacuum users final tally on the post mission screen.

I compare with friends on the stuff that matters. Neurodes, Neural Sensors, blah blah. The ones using Carrier always walk out with more resources than the ones that don't. It doesn't particularly matter for me, who has been playing long before the resource rework, but for new players it can make a difference.

The new resource system seems to give an abundance of basic crafting mats, and to honest, I doubt a new tenno will be ploughing through a level at the same speed as you or I so any rares would unlikely be missed. If a new player gets put in a mission with several veterans I'm sure they would take the time to waypoint drops, I certainly do.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 07, 2016, 05:31:40 pm »

Actually, the inclusion of resource cache's makes resource gathering incredibly easy, even without carrier. Finding a couple of Orokin Relays or whatever they're called for orokin cells or Argon clusters makes it so much more convenient. Just treat resource runs like syndicate medallion runs.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 07, 2016, 06:50:32 pm »

Actually, the inclusion of resource cache's makes resource gathering incredibly easy, even without carrier. Finding a couple of Orokin Relays or whatever they're called for orokin cells or Argon clusters makes it so much more convenient. Just treat resource runs like syndicate medallion runs.

Too slow, IMO. I can make two runs in the time it takes me to ransack one full level. Only when it comes to stupidly rare stuff like Argon Crystals does it seem to be worth it. I've yet to find a cache of any variety that had a drop that made me consider the time spent worth it.

But to get back to Energy, I don't really find it common at the rates I consume it. I can go from literally inexhaustible energy due to collection through Carrier, to being out of energy when Carrier is destroyed. The difference is that big, even with the Void Discipline regen, even with stacked Energy Siphon thrown in, even with a now 350 soon to be 400 Energy pool. I can go through that much energy with ease. What stops me from draining myself completely is teleporting around the area with Bladestorm and Vacuuming up the energy drops from guys I kill, and that other people have killed earlier.

It's ridiculous overkill for perhaps 60% of the game. But when there are higher level sorties where guys do sick damage, you get no shields, 60+ minute survival, etc and so forth, being able to endlessly teleport around and deal damage while invincible has carried whole games for me. Again, what allows me to spam 4 an entire game is ultimately that energy pickup through vacuum. The whole thing drops in efficiency by like 50+% when you remove that element from the equation.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:52:03 pm by nenjin »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #924 on: October 07, 2016, 07:06:42 pm »

The main problem with my build is that I run out of ammo. A lot. Very quickly.
I run Rhino + Grakata + twin vipers (working on replacing with twin Grakata) + Gelatine.
What's better than one grakata? TWOO GRAKATA. I will one-up the mighty Clem and have TREE GRAKATA

Am going to need (and I mean NEED) primed pistol mutation. And something to grab as much ammo as possible. Already my Grakata main is forma'd twice, tato'd once and has max firerate mod. It burns through a whole clip very quickly.
Twin vipers haven't been modded that much. I do, after all, intend to replace them with the holy twin grakata. Nonetheless, they burn through the ammo veeery quickly. brrrt.
The main grakata has got rifle ammo mutation on it, so it gradually replenishes it's ammo as I run around.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 07, 2016, 07:15:55 pm »

If you can, try to buy a Prisma Grakata. The most satisfying bullet hose experience in the game, bar none.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 07, 2016, 07:22:39 pm »

Too slow, IMO. I can make two runs in the time it takes me to ransack one full level. Only when it comes to stupidly rare stuff like Argon Crystals does it seem to be worth it. I've yet to find a cache of any variety that had a drop that made me consider the time spent worth it.

I do agree. It doesn't make much sense for it, except perhaps for plastids, argon, and cells. Even without full ransacks, the fact that you can find guaranteed resource drops on speed runs is just useful. Though it'd be nice if more frame powers broke canisters.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 07, 2016, 07:24:52 pm »

Grakata's and Gremlins are both fun but the ammo ruins you in higher level gameplay. When all weapons and abilities are doing shit damage and you have to do tons of it, you need amazing melee fallback or in exhaustible, damaging Warframe powers. I've played some games with a Vauban that took an eternity because we had the CC down pat but nowhere near the damage output we needed. I mean, I love the Soma, it's my go to weapon. But even it doesn't hold up against crazy high level enemies.

I wonder when they're simply going to introduce ammo regeneration. It seems like the next natural step.

I do agree. It doesn't make much sense for it, except perhaps for plastids, argon, and cells. Even without full ransacks, the fact that you can find guaranteed resource drops on speed runs is just useful. Though it'd be nice if more frame powers broke canisters.

I forget, doesn't one of the Kats or Kubs open containers for you? Or maybe a Sentinel. Probably wouldn't matter if they can't do it while you're moving at speed.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 07:33:24 pm by nenjin »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 07, 2016, 07:37:56 pm »

I forget, doesn't one of the Kats or Kubs open containers for you? Or maybe a Sentinel. Probably wouldn't matter if they can't do it while you're moving at speed.
I know Carrier, ironically, has a Synthesis mod that pops containers for you, but I've never heard of anyone using it. I know there is a Kubrow mod that unlocks lockers. But I think thats it. Mostly I just want World on Fire to target canisters as well as enemies.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 07, 2016, 08:23:14 pm »

I wonder when they're simply going to introduce ammo regeneration. It seems like the next natural step.
Its in archwing/titania's razorwing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 133