Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245265 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #735 on: December 08, 2015, 09:37:24 am »

So I'm catching up on all my quests.....

And seriously, what the fuck is up with the Limbo Theorem's Excavation mission? I'm getting torn apart.

The Archwing Interception I thought was hard considering my Archwing shit is like Lvl 20. It was tough but I made it.

Meanwhile, the fucking excavation? RUINING me. My best frame, my best weapons, nothing. These guys shoot like they're level 60+. The Excavator goes down in seconds, which I'm used to. But I'm literally getting gunned down as I just try and defend. Is this mission tuned to just be extra fucking stupid and difficult? I've never played a 22-30 mission that fucked me up this bad.

Edit

This is fucking ludicrous. They're gunning down excavators within seconds of spawning. You know what I love? Hidden difficulty tweaks. Why not just label the fucking mission 50+ and be done with it? Why the FUCK do you stick a mission like this on a lower level planet? At least require or fucking mention a group would be a good idea.

I've played 800 hour of this shit and never have I seen something this outrageously unfair.

Edit 2

I finally managed to beat it solo by switching to Nyx, speccing for Max Range/Max Efficiency and just spammed Chaos. Still took about 2 or 3 games to get it right. None of the quests I've done in WF have been this lop-sided on damage. If it was damage heavy they made sure you knew it. None of this "dies in 2 bullets, kills you in 3" stuff. Christ I was running those 3-in-one seasonal missions with level 60 Exitus, and even they weren't hitting me this hard. At least I got lucky and got it only my 5th or 6th excavator. Now to see how much of a pain in my ass the rest of this will be....tbh I don't even really care about Limbo, I just want to tick the quests of my to-do list. And it was going swimmingly til now.
I'm not sure when excav missions went in, but there was a bug for a while that excavators wouldn't take damage. They might have balanced it for that, then fixed the bug.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 08, 2015, 10:05:09 am »

Have you tried having a frost around for excav? It does excellent things for the pods surviving.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 08, 2015, 10:10:52 am »

Never got around to playing Frost, wasn't really my style. Which was why I was annoyed. I get irritated with WF missions where you can't beat it with your frame of choice.

Especially when it claims to be a 22-30 mission.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 08, 2015, 01:20:21 pm »

It's a game designed to be played in squads. 2 players might be double the enemies, but being able to be in a group is an invaluable resource.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 08, 2015, 01:22:19 pm »

It's a game designed to be played in squads. 2 players might be double the enemies, but being able to be in a group is an invaluable resource.

Considering I've completed every quest up until now solo...

I don't honestly care except I don't like buffing enemy damage on a low level mission. That's crap. Make the mission the appropriate level so I don't spend 2 hours wondering why the fuck each bullet is doing between 70 and 150 shield damage and health.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 08, 2015, 01:30:10 pm »

I think before I quit, I was trying to do Chroma's defense mission solo and it just wasn't happening. Some frames just can't solo stuff. Valkyr is always an option.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 08, 2015, 01:40:02 pm »

Have you considered using specter consumables to help out? Not sure if you can have multiple of them active at the same time, but having something like a blitz eximus to keep the masses cc-ed for the most part is of great help.

And yeah, considering it's a heavily team based game doing stuff solo isn't generally an option. Give pubbies a try, they aren't all that bad for the most part :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 08, 2015, 03:48:22 pm »

Hard to do that for quests that launched a year ago and no one is playing them now.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 09, 2015, 12:47:54 pm »

So i've recently gotten a better net and have been using it to see what games I can now play around with, one of these is warframe.
I think I made a post before in this thread on Map 1.0 when I was super nooby and had a hard time with an infested mobile defense mission on earth...
I'm still not endgame material but I'm trying to get there.

My net might be able to handle north america but haven't made any big test besides some pubs.
Name's Raptorfang if anybody wants to play.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 14, 2015, 06:06:50 am »

If anyone needs help doing quests, send me a message. I'm Shadowgandor in game and have endgame weaponry (fully forma'd Tonkor, Torid and Buzlok. Fully forma'd Kohnak (? The cluster rocket launcher secondary) and Despair) and most warframes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 14, 2015, 11:23:37 am »

Well I played about 40 hours of WF this weekend. Mostly caught up on quests. Finally got through the Second Dream (holy crap that was a long series of quests to get here.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, Sorties are turning out to be kinda fun, actually. After so many hundreds of hours farming no-threat opponents, it's actually refreshing to do a mission where the enemies are stupidly hard....and win! 20 minutes on Lvl 80-100 survival? No sweat. Even solo'd the Spy Missions in the Eximus Stronghold...talk about Stealth Gameplay, it took me almost 40 minutes to do it undetected by anyone. It's a whole different game when you're only a couple bullets away from dead.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 11:54:02 am by nenjin »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 18, 2015, 07:43:13 pm »

I had the silly idea of attempting a Warframe themed overhaul mod for Dwarf Fortress. Not going to happen anytime soon though.

Anyways, new frame and weapon. Nezha's parts are available as Sortie rewards, and may be traded. Can't seem to find anyone to buy the systems from at the moment though. Shaku nunchaku. Requires Ninkondi to make, and can be researched in the dojo. Plus new Loki skin, including a skin for the Scimitar landing craft, and for dual kama.

Finally, it's festive time. Festive skins are back, with some being only one credit, and others requiring plat.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 18, 2015, 09:45:09 pm »

Finally made time to try conclave for the first time.

It seems I'm not as nimble as I thought, I can't aim, and have zero situational awareness. 

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 18, 2015, 09:52:19 pm »

Sounds like pvp then, yep. At least my experience in it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 08, 2016, 04:50:40 pm »

Exilus adapter blueprint gift. Extra mod slot for your favorite frame. Today only
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 133