Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 244848 times)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2013, 06:44:33 pm »

Took me a couple days to realise I could upgrade mods, and now that I have that's added an extra hook to offset the repetitiveness.  Plus I never have any money anymore :p

Got my Excalibur to level 30 mostly modded for survivability, but no reactor blueprint as yet to expand it further, and too busy unlocking maps to farm for another frame's blueprints.  Unlocked maybe half the map/missions so far, give or take.  Currently sporting a rank 23 Strun modded for +45% damage, +60% multishot, and +45% fire damage, though I have my eye on +puncture, just not sure if I can fit it in (plus I could really do to improve its reload speed).  Secondary is a Lex pistol, modded for damage, multishot, and armour pierce.  I don't melee much - got a Cronus with +rate of fire and some other stuff, I forget.

For some reason since I switched from my Mk1-Braton to the Strun, my damage % in the post-match report has been significantly lower, even though I reckon I'm killing things as often and as fast.  I'm still pretty newbie so my judgement may just be way off, but it never seems to align with how it seemed like I was doing during the match.  Not that it really matters since it's all co-op and all, but I don't like to think (or look like) I'm not pulling my weight.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2013, 11:26:49 am »

Unfortunately there is some issues with their server hardware, but this is weird since this isn't the first time I've seen this kind of error on a game...well at the very least I remember mechwarrior online having very similar issues. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/24331-server-issues-april-6th-ongoing
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2013, 11:47:07 am »

There's speculation it's a DDoS attack, though I'm not sure if that's founded on anything other than people love to speculate.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2013, 11:53:23 am »

Actually, its one of the server equipment has failed causing it to try to redirect to the others causing it to seem like a DDoS, now if its possible for someone or a group to fry hardware remotely then this might actually be an attack.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2013, 03:09:33 am »

Kinda disappointed that the OP didn't name the thread...
Space Ninjas IN SPACE!!!
Cause that is generally what this is, which is awesome in itself...
Been playing this like crazy with a few friends, Shotgun wielding Flame owns all...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2013, 01:43:45 pm »

I'm stuck in the alert with a couple of randoms, one of whom has been afk for 20+ minutes, and so we can't trigger the Jackal fight.  I was planning to just log in, do the alert, then log off again :/

(thanks for highlighting that it was the Glaive alert though)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2013, 02:41:31 pm »

Had to leave and get screwed out of it, didn't have the time to stay in on the off chance they came back.  Oh well, I guess I had enough to be getting on with already - had just finished building my first new warframe and a new gun.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2013, 08:23:40 pm »

Just started this, Username is Seriyu. Initially was very unimpressed but then I turned motion blur off and WOW, it's like night and day. Still in the first area, been mostly soloing to get the hang of it. If you add me PM me on B12/steam when you do so I know it's you and not some random guy.

Any advice? Seems like a lot of weapons are locked to me since I'm still only rank one. Already used all my starter plat on warframe slots because I like my variety.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2013, 10:01:27 pm »

I will be sure to keep that webpage open, thank you! Seems to be mostly skill based so I'm not really sure what I was expecting to get in terms of advice in hindsight. :P

Back to rampaging through soldiers as a tiny EVA-01.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2013, 04:25:02 pm »

well, I am playing and having fun,  learnt how to wall-jump and wall-run fairly quickly, sprint and jump at the wall, not jump into the wall.

completed the first area, IGN is bluejello,  steam name is bluejello42 if anyone wants to add me

Also, crash in the loading screen after a misson, lost connection to host and now I am just stuck in the screen, animations are going but nothing else.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2013, 11:36:47 pm »

I was there for that one with Claxus!

It was pretty great. Do all the alert missions have a different setting? I noticed there was a ton of infested "props" hanging around in that map,  was that just normal for that planet or do alert missions actually look different?

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2013, 04:18:18 am »

So that weekend event (which was server-wide) has been completed, and you can now simply kill 1 Fusion MOA to apply for the prize. (Until 12PM Monday EDT.)

The Fusion MOAs spawn in Europa defense missions. (Eligor, Baal, not sure if there's more.)

The Prize is 100k credits and a Frost Prime blueprint. (Essentially it's Frost but with slightly improved stats, a special skin/helmet, and comes pre-potato'd. [Meaning it has x2 mod capacity by default.])

And here's a picture of him: (With a new scythe weapon?!?!?)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

\ \

If you don't have Europa/Eligor unlocked, I could always drag you there, but I'm not sure exactly how much weight I can carry on a mission like that. It'd be at least worth trying, though.

Hahaha, I wish I could have someone to drag me through that, I've been going at it slowly, still stuck in the first 'zone.'

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2013, 04:39:10 am »

I did it earlier with Claxus, it wasn't too bad honestly. You can weaken it for him, I think. He just has to get the finishing shot. (also my username is Seriyu, Art; I am still low level add me if you want a shootin buddy okay bye)

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2013, 05:21:25 am »

Hah, added. Maybe I'll manage to get it, maybe not.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2013, 03:57:05 pm »

So, I joined up as Achenar, seems pretty neat.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 133