Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245167 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #435 on: April 10, 2014, 04:25:42 pm »

Actually, melee weapons have been heavily buffed and changed with the update. I ran a 20-30 minute solo apollodorus with just an almost unmodded bo. All the flashy stuff is mods, but not all of them are rare!

Behold!

Some guy on reddit put it together. Notably the dual dagger stance from kela de thaym is a common mod. I have high hopes for the katana stance too, since it's on a new enemy, to boot, but I have no proof. Similarly some of them aren't hooked up to any enemy, and as such they either drop from containers, and theory has it, maybe from alerts.

So yeah! Smash containers and find a nice simple one to find to get started I suppose. I'm definitely with Naxza, though. Melee 2.0 has definitely improved melee combat, they just put all the neat stuff behind mods, and really, that's not a huge deal. Stance mods just change the animation, and maybe boost damage a tad. They're not a huge deal.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 10, 2014, 06:25:40 pm »

So DE, in their infinite fucking wisdom, made it impossible to bind FIRE WEAPON and the new, equipped MELEE ATTACK to the same input. The logic....boggles the mind. IT FUCKING BOGGLES.

Having your gun out and having your melee weapon out are mutually exclusive states. They can't happen at the same fucking time! This logic is clearly present because you can map channeling and fire weapon to the same button, Left Mouse Button. And yet the new dedicated melee attack? Why, just put it on the fucking keyboard! Everyone uses WASD, there's no conceivable way that anyone would ever want melee and shooting to share the same input!

This update can KMA until they fix that. Jesus DE. Way to think it through. Even the concept of holding down Channeling while doing allll the other Warframe things is ill conceived.

-Edit-

And if you bind Block to RMB, you lose your quick melee attack when your gun is out. This kind of stinks of the design starting from a Dual Shock Controller (which DE says "plays great") and trying to figure out how to awkwardly shoehorn in the PC controls in the 11th hour.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:41:16 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 11, 2014, 05:07:25 am »

Actually, melee weapons have been heavily buffed and changed with the update. I ran a 20-30 minute solo apollodorus with just an almost unmodded bo. All the flashy stuff is mods, but not all of them are rare!

Behold!

Some guy on reddit put it together. Notably the dual dagger stance from kela de thaym is a common mod. I have high hopes for the katana stance too, since it's on a new enemy, to boot, but I have no proof. Similarly some of them aren't hooked up to any enemy, and as such they either drop from containers, and theory has it, maybe from alerts.

So yeah! Smash containers and find a nice simple one to find to get started I suppose. I'm definitely with Naxza, though. Melee 2.0 has definitely improved melee combat, they just put all the neat stuff behind mods, and really, that's not a huge deal. Stance mods just change the animation, and maybe boost damage a tad. They're not a huge deal.
1) containers never drop mods (except in the Void, very occasionaly)
2) rarity of mods in the codex does not correlate well with actual drop rate. People report doing 50 runs or more for Kela (reported to drop a common stance) without seeing it drop. These people outnumber those who actually dropped it 12 to 1. So yeah.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #438 on: April 11, 2014, 04:54:05 pm »

Yeah, the drop tables have since been changed. Don't listen to that table anymore! I will say chargers drop a furax/ankyros stance, so if you really want one it's fairly easy to get. Just run a few invasion sets.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 18, 2014, 05:16:32 pm »

Started really getting into this game recently and started crafting new equipment only yesterday, but I still have a noob question:
Where is the market where I can sell things for platinum? I heard you can access it once you're rank 2, but it's still unclear where I need to go to do that.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 18, 2014, 05:18:14 pm »

Started really getting into this game recently and started crafting new equipment only yesterday, but I still have a noob question:
Where is the market where I can sell things for platinum? I heard you can access it once you're rank 2, but it's still unclear where I need to go to do that.

...think you might have been trolled.

AFAIK (and I don't engage in trading) there's a trade channel and you arrange to visit someone's dojo or have them visit your dojo.

I could be wrong since I don't pay attention to it.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #441 on: April 18, 2014, 05:25:42 pm »

Yeah, you can trade stuff for Plat via the trading post in a Dojo.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 18, 2014, 05:38:32 pm »

Ah, so I'd need to create a clan and make a dojo and trading post?

Guess that'll take a while... :P

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 18, 2014, 05:46:36 pm »

I was a big fan of this for quite a while, however like most of these kinda games I got sorta bored just doing the runs to try to get the different bits of kit. Also, any lag pretty much killed it instantly, so playing with my friends who had less good internet connections was kinda difficult.

Any big new improvements in the last 3 months?
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 18, 2014, 05:53:38 pm »

You can use someone else's dojo, you just arrange the trade in trade chat then go to their Dojo and sell them the crap.
My cabbages!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 18, 2014, 07:46:04 pm »

By the way, if any of you bought a blueprint for Ether Daggers before they were retired, now might be a good time to make 'em. They're dual daggers that do primarily slash damage (only weapon of its kind!) and, as dual daggers, come out fast and hit harder than they really ought to.

At rank ten without a potato or stance, I was keeping up just fine against level 25 or so Infested. Absolutely wonderful.

From what I'm reading all melee pretty much hits hard even without mods.They were almost useless without them prior to Melee 2.0.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 18, 2014, 07:50:42 pm »

By the way, if any of you bought a blueprint for Ether Daggers before they were retired, now might be a good time to make 'em. They're dual daggers that do primarily slash damage (only weapon of its kind!) and, as dual daggers, come out fast and hit harder than they really ought to.

At rank ten without a potato or stance, I was keeping up just fine against level 25 or so Infested. Absolutely wonderful.

From what I'm reading all melee pretty much hits hard even without mods.They were almost useless without them prior to Melee 2.0.
I heard people complaining about how the galantine was so unawesome and terrible now the day after Melee 2.0, so I'm guessing it was just overreacting people if everything hits fairly hard now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 18, 2014, 07:55:11 pm »

Since melee 2.0, I've found that my (noobish and few, I admit) ranged weapons can't really hold a candle to my melee....

I probably just haven't gotten my hands on a good primary yet, though. Still a nub, after all - don't even have a second 'frame.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 29, 2014, 09:39:21 pm »

So I tuned back into this for the moment. Several incremental things.

You can have a Kubrow pet now. They look ridiculous.

New Warframe is Mirage. Something to do with Light/Shadow. Their first ability is some sort of super broken passive depending on what lighting they're standing in.

Total UI overhaul. It's terrible. From the planetary system map to the Arsenal page, it's pretty awful. It's like the UI artist just went "Fine then, FUCK YOU" and made it all white boxes. And who can blame them? This is like the 5 or 6th UI they've tried, and the current UI is a skeleton of bits and pieces people didn't hate.

That said, one part I like is that now a lot of menus are done in screen, so your Tenno projects the options menu in front of them and their head follows your mouse cursor. That effect is pretty cool, until something gets cut off on the screen.

The whole player hub has become a thing now instead of just a screen now too. You get your own fuckin' ship, man. Which a friend of mine dubbed the Hate Chamber because it's so tiny and you can tersely pace around in it like you're pissed off. Your Arsenal, mods, codex, galactic map, foundry and market are all there in this tiny 1 Tenno ship, complete with an AI you wish would put a sock in it. There's a new tutorial that shows off all this and gives a proper story-like introduction to being a Tenno. Grineer bad, Grineer capture Tenno, Tenno kill all Grineer, something something tech something something 2 missions something something DARVO something something missions something something Boss Fight. Nothing you don't already know.

Lots of audio changes to core SFX and stuff.

Few other changes to Dark Sectors ect...but I haven't read too deeply into it.

If you haven't played WF in a few months, it will look dramatically different than the last time you saw it.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 29, 2014, 10:57:41 pm »

Gameplay still basically boils down to run around killing everything with pull until pull stops one shotting things, then start using Shield Polarise instead.

I should really probably play something other than Corpus Survival.

WRT the new UI, I fucking hate the new sector map, not really bothered by anything else.

Also if you slide before opening the menu your frame'll get it's massive bonce out of the way.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:59:25 pm by The Darkling Wolf »
My cabbages!

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 133