Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245133 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #360 on: January 14, 2014, 11:01:35 pm »

According to the wiki, blocking is bugged and literally does nothing (except waste stamina) - no melee damage reduction, no bullets deflected, nothing. It's just totally broken and has been for who knows how long.

I can't confirm that myself, but if it does do anything the effect is so minimal it's not noticeable.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 14, 2014, 11:09:00 pm »

Auto parry definitely works though, according to a friend that messed around with the mod.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #362 on: January 14, 2014, 11:18:32 pm »

It definitely plays the animation, I tried block focused builds once upon a time, although I can't say I really noticed any meaningful amount of damage reduction.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 14, 2014, 11:20:42 pm »

Question: Is there an Bay 12 Clan right now?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 14, 2014, 11:37:08 pm »

No.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 14, 2014, 11:53:21 pm »

Auto parry definitely works though, according to a friend that messed around with the mod.

It does the animation, yes

If it reduces damage, it's by so little it simply makes no difference

(also it's *incredibly* annoying)
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 15, 2014, 12:26:00 am »

It does the animation, yes

If it reduces damage, it's by so little it simply makes no difference

(also it's *incredibly* annoying)
Incredibly annoying is an understatement, it stop all actions which you where doing and stops you from firing your guns for 5 seconds

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #367 on: January 15, 2014, 02:10:51 am »

Question: Is there an Bay 12 Clan right now?
I have my own clan, but I've no idea about an actual dedicated Bay12 one.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 05, 2014, 12:55:06 pm »

Update 12 Preview: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172633-warframe-update-120-highlights/

Zephyr: Making Loki and other rushers look like bitches since 2014.

Curious what the new domination game mode is, but I suspect it's not going to vary greatly. Probably built on the guts of Endless Defense.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:37:55 pm by nenjin »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #369 on: February 05, 2014, 06:51:43 pm »

For anyone wondering where melee 2.0 is, they've mentioned it'll be a few weeks after Update 12. We're almost there though!

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 05, 2014, 09:45:46 pm »

Looking forward to mele 2.0. Maybe I'll actually have a reason to use my mele weapon as something else than an exp magnet.

Also, Zephyr looks legitimately interesting, potentially even useful, which is more than one could say about poor Valkyr and Oh-Boring-One. Admittedly, it depends on how her 2 and 3 scale, and/or if her 2 stacks with Heavy Impact. Her 4 looks all around nice, tho. Basically a slightly better Vortex. It might come in really handy if it has a half-decent proc chance and allows you to drag a clump of Grineer heavies together, throw some Corrosive into the mix and let them lose armor.

Edit: Except it looks absolutely absurd: http://puu.sh/6LDca.jpg
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:28:55 pm by Something Evil »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #371 on: February 05, 2014, 10:50:15 pm »

Valkyr's actually getting a damage buff to hysteria AND doubling her armor. She's steadily getting better.

Honestly she was pretty great beforehand in my opinion, this is just a step up. 600 armor (+ steel fiber) gives her more armor then most grineer heavies, and hysteria is basically a full heal if you use it with anyone meaty even vaguely nearby. If she's not viable now I'll eat my hat.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:52:26 pm by Seriyu »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 05, 2014, 11:07:37 pm »

The problem isn't that she can't hold her own, the problem is Hysteria isn't any fun to use. The damage buff should at least help, but it's still an ability with a crappy animation for an attack that prevents you from using anything besides ripline to deal with guys you can't punch. Don't get me wrong. I love a 45 second invincibility and heal per punch. But it's still not a fun ability to use, and even with the buff, the damage will not be amazing. Conceptually Hysteria has some problems. It's not a sane power to use against like-level enemies because if you can't kill it, it will kill you. So for example, bosses will drop you if they're in their 20s or so, because they've got the toughness and scaling to reduce Hysteria down to the point where you can't kill them with it, ergo, you drop like a sack of potatoes. I'm not saying you SHOULD be able to drop a boss with Hysteria alone. But as an ultimate, it has significant issues that are more than just how much damage it does. The whole Warframe is built around that power conceptually, so when it's not as good as it could be, it shows.

And Paralysis is still, hands down, one of the worst damage skills in the game.

Personally, I like Zephyr's helmet. I gather the original design was for it to be a male warframe.

The servers are currently shitting themselves and dying. I wouldn't plan on trying to play the update for a while.

Full patch notes. Tons of fixes: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172913-update-12-zephyr-rises/

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #373 on: February 05, 2014, 11:28:22 pm »

I enjoy using Hysteria! This'll get into balance discussion and I get cranky when I do that though, so I'll just agree to disagree here.

I won't argue that paralysis is completely terrible though.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 06, 2014, 12:37:39 am »

It's not that Valkyr isn't viable. The new changes address her primary problem, her basically nonexistent survivability outside Hysteria.

Her problem is that she doesn't DO anything.

The game has, admittedly, tons of balance problems, especially with damage scaling, but the issue is that Valkyr, Oberon, Saryn etc have little to bring to the table.

Okay. You can make yourself invulnerable, heal from mele strikes and gain a mele damage bonus?
Yeaaaah. My Penta-using Trin would like a word with you.

I've said this in the Warframe forums and I'll say it here.

Due to enemies always knowing where you are (bar on a stealth frame, and good luck playing 4 of those in a long defense or survival), the level design being constrictive and enemies being able to take out massive chunks of health/shields when they get over lvl40, the entire metagame revolves almost solely around damage negation: CC abilities, invulnerability and damage canceling. It's why everyone and their dog in Recruitment wants Trins, Vaubans and/or Frosts. It's actually why I've got faith that Zephyr will be viable from the get-go due to her 3 and 4 which fit into the current metagame nicely. I was actually bouncing a Warframe idea off The Darkling Wolf a while ago and something akin to her 3 came up.

Valkyr herself isn't "bad". There's plenty of spots where I would see her being useful. In other games.

Again, I'll say the same thing here as I've said there. Fixing the systemic failings of the metagame would require a massive reworking of what Warframe actually is, and perhaps it isn't worth it. Bringing frames into alignment with the metagame, however, can be done. Make Decoy and Molt not useless and give other frames more inventive or at least convoluted cheap CC. Give more frames party-wide damage amps, because zapping one perma CC'd Bombard for half a minute until it decides to relent and fall over dead is the antitheses of fun. Fix damage scaling on abilities etc.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 133