Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245112 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #315 on: December 19, 2013, 11:30:43 am »

I found the night jadeleaf in my first run, two were literally on the first room. The day one is however trickier to find... 13 runs later I can't find a single one. And after that I'll have to attend a looong, hard, certainly laggy as hell defence mission.
Why can't I just do ten minimal runs? D:
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #316 on: December 19, 2013, 02:37:30 pm »

So I'm assuming the antitoxin we need is the one that requires all 4 components?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 19, 2013, 05:27:32 pm »

Well it looks like they totally reworked damage 2.0 AGAIN (this is what, the 5th time?)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

TL;DR version: each enemy type now has 4 separate resistances - for example grineer are now "cloned flesh", some have "ferrite" armor and some have "alloy" armor, and then there's "machinery"

As expected, it's totally different then the previous version - for example last time gas had a 75% bonus against infested, now it has no bonus against any infested type.

At this point I don't even really care anymore. it's too complicated now, I'm just going to throw whatever on and hope for the best, because there's no point figuring it out they will only change it again.

In other news, you can link it to your steam account if you have one and get some skin rewards from the steam Christmas sale. Note that you can just buy the skins directly from the steam marketplace, so you don't need to dick around with the cards if you don't want to.

EDIT: apparently jadeleaf always shows up near the water, and usually in the first area. So search the first area, and if you don't find any quit and restart the map. Much faster then searching the whole thing
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 19, 2013, 06:00:44 pm »

Luckily the good people of the internet have already collated the data and done our thinking for us: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/151069-how-to-build-in-115/

So basically 1 weapon/elemental combo will be good for 3/4 armor types per faction. Unfortunately, stuff like Grineer Napalms are weak against shit that is worthless against most others. So....yeah.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 19, 2013, 06:20:43 pm »

And DE once again tries their best to enforce their "switch weapons mid combat" ideal on unwilling players.
People will just find the one build that has the less maluses and run with it for each faction.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 19, 2013, 07:00:39 pm »

It looks like there's a new vermillion anti-toxin. It requires four times as many ingredients as a lapis anti-toxin, and apparently it is worth 100 points. According to the wiki, anyways.

Also, I've noticed that some regular Grineer soldiers are wearing antlers for Christmas.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #321 on: December 19, 2013, 07:02:29 pm »

Some of the containers have been changed into piles of christmas presents too.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 19, 2013, 08:00:07 pm »

E: I've found my answers.

Got myself a lapis anti-toxin just now. Will it get used up if I enter Cicero with it, or do I have to use it at the injector?

It's used up when it's put into the injector, but the game can tell if you enter the map with it, and someone will have to pony-up an anti-toxin to continue.

Also, would it be okay to join a bunch of randoms or should I look for a group to do it with?

Only one other person knew what they were doing. The other two didn't even know what a codex scanner was. One of them had only just started playing today.

And while I'm still on pointless questions, is it just me, or does Oberon look like a satyr? I guess it would make sense for the king of the fairies to look like a Fae.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:54:55 pm by BlackFlyme »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #323 on: December 19, 2013, 09:50:17 pm »

He is indeed a satyr! Has hooves and everything. Has paladin-esque abilities. I'm still working on my lapis, but once I get it done (gotta wait for night to roll around again) I'd be happy to join you, if you didn't manage to finish it off. IGN is Seriyu, I can letcha know in game when I've got it ready.

As added insurance I have a potatoed penta, so I will not be running a non overkill build like I do for most stuff, as apparently you LOSE THE ANTI TOXIN IF YOU FAIL, and this plant hunting is slowly killing me. I originally intended to get a vermillion antitoxin and round up some B12ers for a charity run but I don't know if I'll live through getting the plants for that.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:51:51 pm by Seriyu »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 19, 2013, 10:00:36 pm »

Unfortunately I was the only one with an anti-toxin, so I had to use my lapis to beat the mission. I'm stuck waiting until night rolls around as well. But at least I'm guaranteed that badge reward :P

So far I've found a couple of sunlight lilies and two sunlight jades while doing a few extra solo runs through Cicero. I'm beginning to believe the people that say the jades only grow near water, though I've found the lilies growing just about everywhere.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #325 on: December 19, 2013, 10:12:46 pm »

Jades definitely grow near water, it's the lillies that are driving me nuts, I'm always worried I'm missing one.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 19, 2013, 11:05:47 pm »

Another tip, if you are not the host then left mouse button on the scanner does not make it zoom in. Just mash it every half second or so and everything in range will stay highlighted. I don't even bother shooting anymore, I just run around mashing the scanner and let everyone else kill everything.

I finally got enough plants for lapis antitoxin but now I'm deathly afraid of being trolled when it comes time to do the mission since it took probably 4+ hours to find them all... so I'm torn if I should just keep scouring the map for 3 more of each to get the vermillion or not.

Very, very frustrating event, I hope they never do anything like it again... I'd rather go back to grinding 100 of the exact same mission for the reward tbh.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #327 on: December 19, 2013, 11:22:45 pm »

You're welcome to come along on my run whenever that happens. The defense is very hard to solo, from what I hear.

EDIT: Although if you do end up making a vermillion letting some of us on the train couldn't hurt!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 11:36:10 pm by Seriyu »

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 20, 2013, 03:38:58 am »

Thanks for the offer but I got impatient and just went for it, thankfully no-one was trolls and we finished the mission just fine.

Amusing note, I only had like 2 - 3 mission quits before this, and after quitting to farm the first room for jadeleaf I now have just under 10% quit rate o_0

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #329 on: December 20, 2013, 04:52:31 am »

Eyyy, congratulations! Got my last jadeleaf, so I can make a lapis! I might end up trying to make a vermillion to reduce the chance of things going terribly wrong.

Was the defense particularly hard? I heard it could get nasty later on into it.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 133