Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245098 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #300 on: December 18, 2013, 05:21:22 pm »

Does it? Does it really? Hrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

Which means.... armor scaling is once again out of control on high level armored units (the exact problem damage 2.0 was supposed to solve) only now all our AP damage sources have been removed so.... yeah.

We were able to 3-man T3 Defense, but it was rough. Doing like 3 to 10 damage a hit vs. Corrupted Heavies. If it weren't for the couple of Galatines we had, we wouldn't have finished probably.

So yeah, Armor 2.0 is way broke. Hopefully the fix comes this week.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 05:35:56 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #301 on: December 18, 2013, 05:56:21 pm »

They've confirmed armor going wild on tenno was not intended and they're gonna work on fixing it yes. It's also still not as bad as pre damage 2.0 because it is not litterally a brick wall preventing anyone without an armor piercing weapon from progressing ever.

It's only really really bad on grineer heavies anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 18, 2013, 06:00:59 pm »

They've confirmed armor going wild on tenno was not intended and they're gonna work on fixing it yes. It's also still not as bad as pre damage 2.0 because it is not litterally a brick wall preventing anyone without an armor piercing weapon from progressing ever.

It's only really really bad on grineer heavies anyway.

It's pretty much anything with Armor. Grineer Corrupted foot soldiers are also a bitch to kill, but you notice it less because they don't have 10k HP.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 18, 2013, 09:01:55 pm »

Attention clan members:

We're going to take a shot at getting a clan emblem uploaded. Everyone cross your space fingers and pray we don't get rejected :P

This looks ALOT like goatse.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 18, 2013, 09:07:33 pm »

No way. Like, the hands? Those symbolize the togetherness of the Tenno, united under the Lotus emblem. And the upside down heart is symbolic of, like, the love our clan has for one another under such violent circumstances.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:09:46 pm by nenjin »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 18, 2013, 09:26:59 pm »

I just saw at an HP Total Care icon at my house and that also looks like Goatse.  Maybe I'm going insane.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 18, 2013, 09:40:07 pm »

There's a Bay12 clan?

What? When?
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 18, 2013, 09:55:38 pm »

It's not really a Bay12 clan, as I guess other Bay12 groups around here are imagined. It's a clan I started with a bunch of RL friends, and some of their friends, only a handful of which still play consistently. So it's just a clan for refugees who don't already have one, so they can get access to research and trade and shiz. If you want an invite, post your handle.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 19, 2013, 01:32:49 am »

Giggity.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 19, 2013, 01:48:03 am »

New update, we have to save the forest from the evil grineer by.... scanning plants and making anti-toxin, then putting the anti-toxin in a machine and defending it for a while.

....great just what I wanted to do, run around an empty map with the codex scanner searching for rare plants. That totally seems like a fun space-ninja thing to do  ::) ::) ::)

Meanwhile to get the best score, you MUST have the rarest anti-toxin, and you MUST group with 3 other people who also have it because score is not cumulative. Very, very annoying.

New frame, hope he's better then valkyr. Some new guns. They nerfed armor scaling, but buffed grineer damage... not sure how it all works out.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 19, 2013, 01:56:18 am »

Yeah, the new event is pretty much crap. Even the 50 point reward doesn't motivate me. (Ooohh, 4x Toxin/Status Chance combo mods. Because that's what the kids want. Status Chance.)

Oberon looks pretty cool. But looks can be deceiving given how each Warframe usually has at least one ability that isn't great, or is mechanically broken. His ult is kinda "wut?" though. So it's a radial AoE that makes enemies drop....health orbs. That feels pretty tacked on so the ability has something to distinguish it from all the other radial AoEs.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 19, 2013, 03:03:27 am »

Fyi the score is based off you best run not you total score so you need 4 people with rare anti-toxins to get the final reward. Would anyone be interested in grouping together and doing a 4 rare run? But on the bright side you only need to do one run.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 19, 2013, 04:20:18 am »

The non-cumulative part is infuriating for someone like me. I exclusively play solo because of my connection (and the game's shitty optimisation).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #313 on: December 19, 2013, 07:09:17 am »

I just can't wait until we get survival missions on the tileset and the Grineer cut off the life support to Earth.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #314 on: December 19, 2013, 10:05:07 am »

Already happens on phobos! :P

I'm torn on the event. It's neat, I like the concept of scanning being useful past codex entries, but it definitely needs polish.

The amount of runs you need to find the rare plants is ridiculous to boot (I died after I found one earlier today and I am still angry). Ultimately I'd say the invasions were better then this, there was at least constant progress there.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 133