Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: You Are On Daedalus Station (A Dead Space Suggestion Game)  (Read 21305 times)

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are On Daedalus Station (A Dead Space Suggestion Game)
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 10:17:07 pm »

Plasma Cutters aren't weapons in the normal sense of the word, they're tools, it would be a common occurrence to see an Engineer with one on his belt, not an Augmented Cyborg Doctor.

<<<Go to the medical bay, supervise any implantations until time for work.

Still was hoping for a Multi-player type game here.

Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant 

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 10:36:37 pm »

Exactly, and we don't know if any monsters that we come across are like necromorphs at all. Plus, Plasma Cutters are originally tools but are modified to be weapons and we probably don't really know how to do that since we are not an engineer. And our robot arm is probably our best weapon right now, since if we override the limiters, we can crush things really easy if need be.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 11:30:59 pm »

Alright.

>>:GO TO MEDBAY AND SUPERVISE

>>:LOOK FOR A CHAINSAW OF SOME SORT AND FASHION INTO CHAINSWORD OR USE AS CHAINSWORD.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 11:46:42 pm »

Why all this Obsession over getting a weapon?
WE know Necromorths are gonna eat the crew, but our character doesn't.

>>: Become co-op suggestion game.
Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant 

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 11:53:39 pm »

Define co-op suggestion game? Also we need "tools" for MEDICINE! chainsaws tend to be good for removing old limbs and subsequently replacing with cybernetics.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 01:00:55 am »

Not really. They are messy, inefficient and will most likely jam on bone. They aren't really that good in comparison to surgical equipment that is specialized for the job.

And this is the future, there probably are no more chainsaws anyway!

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 02:02:00 am »

>>: Remember what the override code for doors in the Medical Wing are, in case this "Radio Disturbance" made them lose connection and lock down.

((My god bro, as far as our character knows, there is only some freak virus going around, and he isn't worries because he's immune.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 02:33:18 am »

>>: Remember what the override code for doors in the Medical Wing are, in case this "Radio Disturbance" made them lose connection and lock down.

((My god bro, as far as our character knows, there is only some freak virus going around, and he isn't worries because he's immune.))
Ahhh, now THIS is a good idea. I approve of this.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 07:34:07 am »

Ahhh, now THIS is a good idea. I approve of this.

For the sake of getting this show going, +2
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 09:49:32 am »

You shake your head. There are more important things then visit security right now if the comm lines are down. If the medical wing is in lockdown then you're one of the three people who can reopen that wing.

You grab your house's card key and head for the door. Crowds of people shift in the walkways below the apartment complex. Your neighbor sees you heading to the stairs, "You heading to work? See you later, man." You wave back to him as you do most mornings, but you start to feel like you should have said something about the noises. He must have not noticed or else he probably would have brought it up. Maybe it really is just your imagination playing tricks on you.

You descend the stairs and find yourself on the walkways to the tram. As you walk among the crowd you hear something underneath your feet, you can't see it, but it sounded like the same thing that was in the wall of your apartment; a strange loud skittering. Others turn their heads as the noise approaches where they're walking. It isn't your imagination... This is interesting. Still, no time to dwell on it. Medical needs to be reopened if no one else is around to do it.

The tram is running a little behind, but within minutes it arrives. You get onto the tram with the rest of the crowd that huddled into the station. Many of them were coughing from the very illness your research group are striving to stop. One of the standing passengers passes out, knocking down someone else in the process. Another huddles themselves into a ball in their seat, hacking into their shirt sleeve. It's hard to ignore the effects of the virus when you can't just walk away. Then the tram stops.

It's your stop, and outside there is a red ribbon of floating text on the monitors overhanging the station block, "Emergency Shutdown Initiated, Please Contact A Department Representative For Details." You walk to the door leading out of the station. It's locked, just as you expected. You punch your code into the pin-pad and the door opens with a hiss. A scientist runs up to you, it's Hopkins, the project supervisor. He runs up to you in surprise, "Oh thank god. Everyone got locked in when the comm lines fell. All we got is a short range radio set." He holds the radio on his lab coat closer to his face and presses the button. "Hey James, Garett's here. The doors open. We'll leave the battery to the engineers..." There's a long pause on the other end, but nothing comes. "James? This isn't funny..." He sighs and hands you the radio. "James went down towards Cybernetics to reconnect the secondary power supply. If that fails all the corpses in the morgue will start to warm up when the door's power goes out. There are a lot of quarantined corpses down there that we still need for a viral analysis. We'll lose most of the samples at this rate." Hopkins puts his hand to his forehead. "If you can reconnect the battery and find James I'll wire you enough credits to buy that TV you've been eying up. We need that battery reconnected. I'm going down to Engine Control to find someone, if you aren't going down to Cybernetics at least help me find someone."

Do you want to take him up on his offer to reconnect the battery or find someone else for the job down the tram line in Engine Control? Finding a free engineer might take some time, even if you help.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

((I'm tempted to make this into a multiplayer game, but it will take away from the survival horror aspect. I also would have a tendency to write this amount for every player. If it'll happen it will be in a few updates if/when things start happening. If I do turn this into a multiplayer game I'll save a spot for you Heavy Weapons Pony, but I might not just because of the amount of writing I would be doing.))

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 10:19:04 am »

"Wire enough credits to buy that TV? Oh man, that price is too low. Make it higher."

Reject offer until a better one is made. Barter with him. You are going to fix some wiring in a place that doesn't guarantee your safety, after all.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 10:58:21 am »

Hopkins is taken back by the comment of the price being too low. "What!? 15,000 credits is too low? You're a fucking extortionist, you know that? Fine. 16,000, but not a credit higher. I still need to eat. You'd better like that damn TV. Why the hell did you pick the expensive one anyways? Whatever, just get the battery reconnected before my day gets a whole lot worse. I'll punch in the transfer down in Engine Control if you're sticking around here." Hopkins seems eager to get to the tram. The bodies are the only concentrated samples you have of the virus, and while he may not be showing it he's suffering from the virus just like everyone else.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 11:22:37 am »

"Alright then. Is there anything else that needs to be done down here? Has containment on anything nasty been lost, or anything that I need to worry about?"

After getting his reply, get on your way to Cybernetics quickly.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 11:31:25 am »

"Alright then. Is there anything else that needs to be done down here? Has containment on anything nasty been lost, or anything that I need to worry about?"

Be especially quick about this, lest the guy die and you get no credits (unless you happen to know how to hack).

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 12:43:28 pm »

Be especially quick about this, lest the guy die and you get no credits (unless you happen to know how to hack).

I concur with these actions.

((OOC EDIT: 10 Minutes until Meet the Pyro!))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9