Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help Adding Domestic Creatures  (Read 525 times)

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help Adding Domestic Creatures
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:59:27 pm »

I've followed the wiki and added [CREATURE_DOMESTIC] and [TRAINABLE] to both the Magma Crab and Flesh Ball and moved them into the file with the other domestic animals; however, only the Flesh Ball only appears as intended with hunting and war versions (I know they are useless, but a mob of highly trained balls of flesh would be amusing to watch in my arena).

I've tried (All with regenerating worlds for each method):

Leaving them in their default text file, copying the format from dogs, trying living with different civ's to see if it was like lions and tigers (I know it shouldn't be).

I am not using mods other then Lazy Newb Pack with aquifers and exotic animals off (giant cave spiders, gremlins, and such appear on the embark menu) and Dfhack. Everything is correctly updated for the latest version, 34.11.

It is probably something awfully simple I missed (I am quite tired :P) but none the less help will be greatly appreciated.

On a side note what would I need to do to add Magma Crabs to the arena? I want to try their special ability myself.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help Adding Domestic Creatures
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:10:03 pm »

You need to remove [ARENA_RESTRICTED] from the magma crabs.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 10:12:13 pm »

Do said creatures live in cave layers 1? if not that could be the issue

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 03:18:33 am »

you can delete all biome tags from them andthey will be always in your embark profile:) But you will have to trade to get more of them - they will not be in any biome after all.

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 05:16:16 am »

Would there be anyway to get them to spawn in their biomes and be available for traders and embark?

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 06:34:41 am »

Of course - they should be aboveground biome or cave lvl1. lvl2 and 3 is too deep for regular entities.