Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Strange Mood Issues  (Read 1550 times)

Shawarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More Strange Mood Issues
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:46:37 pm »

Okay, so, long story short, I got a dwarf stuck in a mood at the clothier's shop. He wants bones...yes, stone...rock, and cloth...thread.

I got stone by the truck fulls; bones of many species:donkey, dog, lion tamarind marmoset, and goblin; and I have rope reed, pigtail, yarn, silk, and rare silk thread and cloth.

He will not stop muttering. I have NO IDEA what to do other than kill him.

-I slaughtered the donkey and dog in case the "bones" were something else like a skull.
-Made sure nothing is forbidden or "dumped".
-Had human traders around so I traded for more cloth and thread of all types. The lowest stockpile is 32 pig tail cloth
-Mined more rocks.
-I have no burrows set up yet.

I am at a loss. I have no adamantine yet but did try force an item change through dfhack. Didn't work, but it could be a bugged hack.
Through dfhack, I have killed the application many times in attempts to figure this out.

I'd appreciate any ideas or help.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Strange Mood Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:24:38 pm »

What has he already collected for his task (use [t] to view the workshop he has claimed).  My guess, assuming he's already collected at least some of the materials, is that he wants more than one of something and you don't have enough.  What he wants shows up in the list for about two (2) seconds per "unit" he needs to make his artifact (with the possible exception of the first/primary item which may show for two seconds regardless).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 10:27:31 pm »

Have you used the showmood function in dfhack? That can be pretty specific.
I've personally had problems with getting the right type of cloth, but thats because I only collect silk, no plant thread for me.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 04:05:12 am »

He probably needs Yarn then.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 07:34:15 am »

OP mentioned yarn.

You say you traded for all three types of cloth (just cloth, moods don't use thread) recently? That would rule out the cloth existing on the map but being inaccessible.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 08:17:53 am »

Probably wants silk.

Tomsod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 08:36:01 am »

Rarely moody clothiers want adamantine cloth. An example, if you wish. If that's the case, I recommend you digging down in a hurry, this is a rare luck.

Shawarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 06:39:35 pm »

You people are awesome.

Followed every hint.

F'in hospital. It had taken all my wool. Tons and tons of plant cloth, and it takes my tiny wool pile.

I crushed there coffers and the mooded dwarf ran after it. Thank you all!