Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Modding and world gen questions  (Read 2014 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding and world gen questions
« on: June 25, 2012, 08:45:14 pm »

Hello im Dizzy and im just making a few tweaks right now I made a few large scale mods back in the day but during the no update black out for that long while I got out of the game but now im playing more once again but im very very picky with my game so I cant play it untill im satisfied with the tweaks.

anyway I was wondering the worlds a bit crowded like 10 peaple stuffed into every house iv got Perfect world generating tools but im not sure what i set the Civ cap to so as to make it well balanced and if anyone else has any usefull tips on how to accomplish this im sure somebody else might be curious how to do this i ask cause google was no help.
a few tips on world generating would be appreciated thank you.

---------

and well we are on the topic of modding and such anyone know how to make it so that you can have hair styles in adventure mode beyond the "extremely long" cut that's so popular?
you dont need to walk me threw it once i get a idea of what i need to touch to get my result im sure i will figure it out im a veteran modder just out of practice.

I did however already go in and change dwarf maxage to 60 to 100 so i can accurately imagin there age to human standerds and I also overhauled the skin tones and hair colors giving the skins names like "fair" and "pale with freckles" and "flushed"

a neat feature id like to comment on and ask if anyone has any tips on how to use this is the ethnic features they implemented if it use to be in the game i never noticed it.
that if you generate a world with two/three/four whetever number of human civilizations every single member of the civ have the same hair color and skin color giving it a really neat effect like races from one side the world and the other.

one more thing though is I just had to restart the one i was working on cause i thought "hey know what would be neat!" and added the [LIKES] and [TOLERATES] tags to every playable civ for all the other civilizations city types thinking they would all move in together and I would have a meltingpot socioty of elves dwarves humans and goblins and kobolds all living together like somthing out of a fantasy novel.

but all that happend was humans immediotly attacked and captured a kobold cave made it there capital and just lived in a giant nest together  without any buildings or anything... (( oh and for some reson were waging war on there pets... killing cats and birds and dogs in massive battles ))

so anyway if anyone can help with the world gen thing its greatly appreciated and if anyone has any clue how to add hair styles and such that also would be a huge help.
(( I know there in the game since dwarves have and still do ware there beards in braids and females somtimes get pony tails ))
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:27:51 pm by DizzyCrash »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Modding and world gen questions
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 08:57:27 pm »

Well I have no idea who would abuse those powers on these fourms, this would be a first.
We here at Bay 12 are happy go kinda people, and trolling I haven't seen much on the Modding fourm is any at all.

Your question is very lengthly

Worldgen saddy is out of our hands, and this is all I could find for an answer for you

TISSUE_STYLE_UNIT  Caste  tissue
shaping
 sets tissue to be in a certain shape, mostly used with tissues HAIR, BEARD, MOUSTACHE, SIDEBURNS. 

Not many of use have acually tried playing with hair styles and the like.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 09:01:33 pm »

Neither ThreeToe nor Toady are abusive. In fact they're generally lenient.

What happened, it seems, is that you moved your topic to the Announcements forum. Somehow. And that locked your previous topic.

What should have clued you in is the giant "[MOVED]" in your old topics title screen. Plus the link in the OP. To the moved topic.

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:03:19 pm »

How in the SAM HELL did your last topic get to the Announcements page?

EDIT: Lol

This is slightly amusing, I'm sure alot of DF players are going "Wut?" that ain't Toady
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:06:22 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 09:05:50 pm »

How in the SAM HELL did your last topic get to the Announcements page?

My question exactly

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 09:08:32 pm »

Besides that, I'm pretty sure that neither moderator locked your topic. It's just that nobody but the moderators can post in the announcements forum.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 09:15:50 pm »

0 . 0   what... really!? I-I assumed i had been locked since I go on this other forum and the moderaters were really lock happy...

Well Im sorry if i came off neggitive about it I really was worried sombody was just messing with me... but how in the world did I get it to the announcments page....

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 09:17:41 pm »

>//////<   sorry about all that... now I have a post in a really weird place i cant imagin what other peaple are thinking seeing it up there... and the weird thing is i have no cluehow it happend i only refreshed the page didnt move it myself thats for sure

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 09:19:03 pm »

Either the moderators messed up... somehow. I doubt it, since they didn't delete the moved topic for 15 or so minutes. Or you accidentally clicked "Move Topic", which is right over the Quick Reply area. It's only one more click from that screen to posting it on the announcements, since "Announcements" is the default move-to area.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 09:24:02 pm »

Either the moderators messed up... somehow. I doubt it, since they didn't delete the moved topic for 15 or so minutes. Or you accidentally clicked "Move Topic", which is right over the Quick Reply area. It's only one more click from that screen to posting it on the announcements, since "Announcements" is the default move-to area.

yeah but i kinda figured they would make it off limits for me to post in...

anyway.... I just got a message from toady with a warning.... I feel pretty bad for waisting the big guys time now...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 09:29:16 pm »

Don't worry about it. Just take your time with things, man, don't just click everywhere. Read first, type fully (so that your questions are legible and get answered), and use the Edit button.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 09:33:08 pm »

Don't worry about it. Just take your time with things, man, don't just click everywhere. Read first, type fully (so that your questions are legible and get answered), and use the Edit button.

well... ok ^ ^  thank you for being understanding and my names Dizzy by the way although I think i introduced myself up there the first time... my real names lucy but nobody calls me that really.

anyway I cant believe toady actually sent me a message he is like... wow... thats like getting a phone call from like stan lee for a marvel fan.

also im very sorry about spelling errors i try really hard but iv got a disability i dont really wanna go into depth with it but a little patience from everyone is all i ask.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 09:41:29 pm »

Spelling errors aren't the issue, it's the... lack of punctuation. Run on sentences. Which admittedly are a little tougher to solve. Try to keep each thought separate, in it's own sentence.

For example: "Also, I'm very sorry about the spelling errors. I try really hard, but I've got a disability. I don't really want to go in-depth with it, but a little patience from everyone is all I ask." It may not be proper High Class grammar, but it's definitely legible and can help you get your answers faster and more informative. All we're asking is that you try, which you say you do, and I, at the very least, believe you.

Oh, and about the names? Your name is beside your post, and pretty much the whole point of having a username is that you don't need to say your real name. Here, I'm Descan. And that's all I am to most people, with the exception of... maybe 4-5 people.

As for your modding question, I don't mod much personally. Though I can say that world-gen modding is... well, either extremely high-end stuff, very round-about in what you have to do to get what you want, or pretty much non-existent!

And finally, getting a message from Toady isn't a big deal. I think I have three or four messages from him tucked away somewhere. :P At least one of which is a warning! :P

(Holy Long Post, Batman!)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 09:46:09 pm »

Hi I am Hugo_the_Dwarf but most call me Hugo, I am a modder.

But jokes aside

Worldgen saddy is out of our hands, and this is all I could find for an answer for you

TISSUE_STYLE_UNIT
tissue
shaping
 sets tissue to be in a certain shape, mostly used with tissues HAIR, BEARD, MOUSTACHE, SIDEBURNS. 

Not many of use have acually tried playing with hair styles and the like.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 09:58:43 pm »

Spelling errors aren't the issue, it's the... lack of punctuation. Run on sentences. Which admittedly are a little tougher to solve. Try to keep each thought separate, in it's own sentence.

For example: "Also, I'm very sorry about the spelling errors. I try really hard, but I've got a disability. I don't really want to go in-depth with it, but a little patience from everyone is all I ask." It may not be proper High Class grammar, but it's definitely legible and can help you get your answers faster and more informative. All we're asking is that you try, which you say you do, and I, at the very least, believe you.

Oh, and about the names? Your name is beside your post, and pretty much the whole point of having a username is that you don't need to say your real name. Here, I'm Descan. And that's all I am to most people, with the exception of... maybe 4-5 people.

As for your modding question, I don't mod much personally. Though I can say that world-gen modding is... well, either extremely high-end stuff, very round-about in what you have to do to get what you want, or pretty much non-existent!

And finally, getting a message from Toady isn't a big deal. I think I have three or four messages from him tucked away somewhere. :P At least one of which is a warning! :P

(Holy Long Post, Batman!)

^ ^  thank you and dont worry I like giving out my name... plus you said "look man" and it made me want to correct you on my gender but I knew you didnt mean it in that you were addressiing me as a male so I felt compelled to say it another way.... im a twitchy nerviouse OCD freak who cant let little things go....

I have a descent grasp on world generations id like to think im a advanced modder theres little i cant accomplish threw modding and the few things i dont know are things i just havent had the oppertunity to work with yet.
Pages: [1] 2