Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Ancient Empires RTD [Turn 1: Bloodlust and "Magic"]  (Read 8833 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Empires RTD [Arbitrary city/empire-building game; full]
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 02:03:02 pm »

Civ Name: Super Omega Kawaii Desu-Chan Paradise
Civ Symbol:

Civ Description: Cokneechewah Onee-san! We are the Super Omega Kawaii Desu-Chan Paradise or S.O.K.D.C.P. or :3 for short. Our esteemed nation of kittehs and rainbows stems back thousands of years to proto-Japanese nomads bringing their paintings to life. We are a militaristic and prostigious people, and can solve problems either through bad-ass-motherfuckery or ~Uguu~. So come stay a while okay? *Giggles*

Leadership: Matters are decided by the following comittee; A Prime Minister, A President, A King/Queen, The Top 5 Military Generals, The Top 5 Economic Leaders, The leader of all major religions, and the winner of the annual Pedobait competition.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 02:06:14 pm »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Will you complain about Bobs Nobody's civ right now?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 02:11:29 pm »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm just doing what's essentially Rome.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 03:47:09 pm »

How do I keep missing these signups?  >:(
I can haz waitlist? :-[
Certainly.

...What is up with that list?
...I thought you were thinking about signing up, not actually reserving a spot.

Civ Description: Cokneechewah Onee-san! We are the Super Omega Kawaii Desu-Chan Paradise or S.O.K.D.C.P. or :3 for short. Our esteemed nation of kittehs and rainbows stems back thousands of years to proto-Japanese nomads bringing their paintings to life. We are a militaristic and prostigious people, and can solve problems either through bad-ass-motherfuckery or ~Uguu~. So come stay a while okay? *Giggles*
Ignoring ALL THE ISSUES this isn't really detailed enough. I still don't know exactly what your civ is made of, how they operate, or what they want (other than "bad ideas," "poorly," and "to ruin everything").

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Will you complain about Bobs Nobody's civ right now?
I am admittedly sputtering right now.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 03:49:59 pm »

Ignoring ALL THE ISSUES this isn't really detailed enough. I still don't know exactly what your civ is made of, how they operate, or what they want (other than "bad ideas," "poorly," and "to ruin everything").

Hmmm. I guess I could say they operate like a hyper-militaristic Imperialist Soviet Union.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 03:50:41 pm »

Is mine acceptable?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 04:12:14 pm »

Everyone else's is fine. Though I guess I might as well give brief versions to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Caellath: An empire of fairly organized demons, mischievous and cruel at times but otherwise largely humanlike, favoring combat and the arcane. Led by a council, which selects and limits the power of a grand leader whose skills are thought to complement the current situation.

Spinal_Taper: A proud, enterprising, ostentatious empire that likes to display its glories full force and expand itself quickly. Favor education, especially for the wealthy, military technology, and small, elite bands of soldiers over large groups. Similarly produce few but often elite mages.

Nirur Torir: A tribe of kobolds, proud of their independence, hardworking nature, and shamanistic religion and magic skill. Good hunters, due to their small size and natural stealthiness, favoring blowguns and poisoned darts in that and battle, where they favor hit and run tactics, ambushes, and wars of attrition, being generally poor at melee combat or the concept of cavalry.

Tiruin: Human empire favoring exquisite craftsmanship and chivalric codes, led by an aristocracy and strong in faith. Some magic affinity.

Descan: Race of golems with a hard time breeding but an easy time repairing each other. May communicate instantly and mentally over small distances. Skilled at metalcrafting and dangerous but limited in war, and with a decided interest in all things mechanical and magical, being such themselves. Little interest elsewhere and less preoccupied with industry not of themselves.

TCM: Race of either horrible otakus and/or cutesy anime. Militaristic and consider themselves prestigious, despite being incomprehensibly cutesy to others. Prefer to resolve things through brutal oppression and unmatched military forces.

Seeing the problem, TCM? Even with that extra bit, which is vague by itself, I've got "nyan desu nyuuuu~" and "Soviet Union."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 04:20:42 pm »

Well, it's populated by kawaii and chibi Anime, who devote all their resources and energy to military. They farm for war. Learn for war. Worship for war, etc. Their main goal is to wipe out/assimilate all other forms of life into kawaii animes.

So, a military hive mind with desu.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 06:05:50 pm »

Turn 0: Foundation

Dark Green = Jungle
Middle Green = Forest
Light Green = Swamp
Grey = Rocky Areas or Mountain
Brownish = Hills
Orange = Badlands
Yellow = Plains
Beige = Desert
Blue = Water of varying depth

Welcome to the world! Your first task is to decide where you'd like to settle, and then describe what you're looking for within said region. Actual cities and immediate surroundings will be tracked on separate, smaller hex maps. There may, of course, be local variations within each region- a forest is not going to be nothing but forest, for instance.

Movement over the world map will be different for different purposes. Full-scale military incursions will be much harder than exploring parties, for instance. Generally speaking, your units can get to anyplace you've already been to, barring something that makes the old route infeasible.

Finally, remember to describe your town center somewhat. Most town centers should do basically the same things, but you still want to get a good foundation going.

Spoiler: :3 (TCM) (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Empires RTD [Turn 0: Foundation]
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 06:18:18 pm »

Since you accepted TCM's civ, I wanted to replace mine for Bobs Nobody civ.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 06:19:26 pm »

This looks like a good spot for a capital!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My town center is a clearing with a fire pit. Hide tents and whatever stockpiles exist encircle it haphazardly.
I'd like a river nearby, and maybe some flint or something for weapon crafting.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:21:10 pm by Nirur Torir »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 06:29:19 pm »

Since you accepted TCM's civ, I wanted to replace mine for Bobs Nobody civ.
If you can make it interesting and detailed enough, go for it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 06:33:38 pm »

Posting:

Can I ask that the regions be numbered? Some of the colours aren't clear.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:35:50 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 06:37:34 pm »

Light gray is a mountain, or rocky islands in the southeast. The brownish-reddish thing is hills. The bluish-grayish shape in the middle of the jungle is a lake, while the bluish-grayish shape touching the light gray and brownish things is more or less a giant, very shallow lake.

I can provide a picture if that's still not clear, though.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 06:42:13 pm »

A stone wall surrounds the town centre, with a chamber for recharging golems magical reserves, and several rudimentary stone workshops for the craftsgolems, research mage, and mechanic. A dirt road into the mountains for the mine(s), and a woodcutters hut out in the swamp.

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4