Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moody Migrants Wont Stop Emmigrating  (Read 544 times)

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
Moody Migrants Wont Stop Emmigrating
« on: June 24, 2012, 03:50:25 pm »

So I have noticed that since I often get impatient with my forts and will abandon mid tantrum spiral I will get my old inhabitants as migrants.  However, they will arrive in the end stages of madness.  (This seriously ruined getting a double legendary armor/weaponsmith as a migrant.  He was melancholy on appearance and is on his way out.)  Have others noticed this?  Also, these depressive dwarves seem to be family members of a good chunk of my fortress already so I am worried about the effect it will have on the current dwarves.  Or I would be worried if I hadn't just barely gotten bedrooms sorted out and a fancy dining room built.
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moody Migrants Wont Stop Emmigrating
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 04:04:35 pm »

Yeah, they seem to retain their thoughts from the last fort. A good way of cheering them up is to have their entry route go by various admirable things on their way to the meeting area. So, a nice road, the trade depot, some statues, the migrant gas chambers, etc. They seem particularly keen to notice these things while arriving. I get the opposite effect, getting ecstatic migrants from forts lost to OCD and FPS.

Edit: Oh, the insane ones are screwed either way. Just keep coffins ready.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:06:38 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

vidboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 04:47:35 pm »

So I have noticed that since I often get impatient with my forts and will abandon mid tantrum spiral I will get my old inhabitants as migrants.  However, they will arrive in the end stages of madness.  (This seriously ruined getting a double legendary armor/weaponsmith as a migrant.  He was melancholy on appearance and is on his way out.)  Have others noticed this?  Also, these depressive dwarves seem to be family members of a good chunk of my fortress already so I am worried about the effect it will have on the current dwarves.  Or I would be worried if I hadn't just barely gotten bedrooms sorted out and a fancy dining room built.

They probably arrive emigrate thinking "thank armok we got out of that hell hole" and them promptly go insane once they realise the overseer is the same as before.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 04:55:26 pm »

Just keep playing till they stabilize or die.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 04:55:52 pm »

Arrive.
Do no work whatsoever.
Die of starvation while throwing clothes everywhere and yelling random nonsense.
Haunt the fort you just arrived at a week ago and where no one you even know lives.
Get buried.
Rest in peace knowing you've trolled the overseer sufficiently.