Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46148 times)

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #405 on: December 11, 2012, 10:50:49 am »

No it isn't, but there won't be much action till after christmass, the last weeks of school were bustling and my family is hosting the big family, (my cousins and aunts and stuff) christmass party this year, but I'll tr to get one in tonight, i haven't had much time for Bay12 much for a while as a whole
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:54:05 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 16, 2012, 11:11:46 am »

Year 1210

In these years the Alliance began to rebuild its planet, whilst strengthening their relations with the Mariners who set about strengthening their own forces whilst the Hamriel began to build up on their own. The Vinthro fell into civil war whilst the Vorglockie started to become more and more incorporated into the Alliance.

The Alliance opened this decade with an embassy exchange with the Mariners and a series of defensive and technological treaties. The technology gained from the Karlask and traded with the Mariners led to massive boosts for the Alliance, advanced communication and travel, enhanced biological manipulation. With their new technology they began to repopulate the planet, using samples gained from times past to create all kinds of life that existed before the plague. As the planet recovered some Karlask suggested the idea of manipulating their own kind, as the Ataqalaas had done to them. These suggestions were quickly shouted down by the Salmass and Kel’nar, whilst they could take that they were genetically manipulated, they refused to be the ones manipulating other species or themselves. As the Salmass and Kel’nar were the majority of the alliance, even with Vorglockie support the Karlask could not press the point forward.

The alliance also began to build up on their fleet, more ships were built with mass production technology gained from the Hamriel through the Mariners, more powerful weaponry was added, as were shields and hyperdrives in a new armada,  still the Alliance leaders predicted that the work would take at least twenty two years for completion. The Alliance also began to search for the site of the Human crash site. The search was long but after three years they found it, mostly buried under the ground. All they really found however, was technology that they could outrank, gas propelled projectiles, the AI systems were damaged beyond repair. So the alliance put all of the pieces in a museum, fuelling much public interest for a voyage to earth.

The Alliance military also saw massive upgrades, with the captured technology from the Kalkarak serving to new upgrades in their military vehicles, whilst the better communication granted by the rift communicators led to an upgrading of tactics on a mass scale. They also began building vehicles specific to races, such as the Advanced tactical scouting unit, or ATSU for the Vorglockie. This display helped to sooth the bridges from the Vorglockie and the rest of the alliance, although the Salmass and Karlask continued to display open hatred for them.

The Mariners meanwhile went on their own mass technological program. Their top scientists began to work on superior computers, especially for the mind. They made the plasma processor which was capable of incredible memory storage and processing speed, but also generated a lot of heat, so the scientists were told to work on it more before it would be transplanted into the Mind. The Mind also issued a mass cloning and colonization program, to make up for the lack of Mariners on the whole. The colonisation of the planet went up to speed with incredible efficiency, as the Mariners showed themselves to be quite adaptable in any environment. They quickly tamed the planet and its vicious wildlife and had large portions of the planet controlled. They found the planet to be rich on mineral deposits and were quick to exploit these massive sources of resource.

The Hamriel also expanded their power, they began contact with the Negur who had last spoken to the colonists before them. In order to make up for the lack of land the Hamriel began building underwater cities to house their people. They also found massive sources of oil and other natural energy sources, and began a mass mining of these resource’s. The ocean even had large sources of aquatic plant and animal life, some of which the Negur farmed, so the Hamriel began to make their own underwater farms, and soon found them to be a reliable food source. Many more of these farms were made, and soon the Hamriel had enough food to supply their population ten times over. Unfortunately all of this exploitation of the underwater world was beginning to make the Negur angry as they encroached on their traditional territory.

Slask had asked her to do the impossible, he had asked her to wipe out an entire species. That went against every code and moral right the Ataqalaas believed in. Whilst they had broken some codes by not interfearing with these atrocities, commting them was a step to far. nstead she hadsa by and done nothing as the Vinthro tore themselves apart. However everything else as going up to speed, although she couldn't help but notice the Negur's increased anger towards toe Hamriel which she couldn't help but think would soon boil over. The project species were becoming unified however, which was just another steptowards the ultimate goal.

Spoiler: Kel'nar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salmass (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vorglockie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mariners (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Karlask (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vinthro (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hamriel (click to show/hide)

Well that took a whole lot more than one night still it's in bfore christmass, I hope you guys are still with me.
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 16, 2012, 03:26:35 pm »

Good update.

Actions
>Continue healing the planet.
>Construct new technology.
>Continue construction of the fleet.
>Construct an explorer-class ship for a diplomatic mission to earth.
>Act as arbiters (impartial third party) to a deal between the Hamriel and Negur in order to prevent a war that would be inevitable.
>Perform a full survey of the system to learn all that can be learned.  Avoid areas that the allies of the Ataskiran Alliance (that will be the new name, not for the system-wide alliance, just the Kel'nar, Vorglockie, Salmass, and Karlask portion) do not wish to have scanned.
>Continue construction of the cross-system hyperdrive monitoring network.  Share all alerts with allies.  Attempt to make peaceful contact with any unidentified ships.
>Try to find Earth's system within the current sky and compare it to the data from the star map gained earlier to find the current location of other systems.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 16, 2012, 03:41:43 pm »

Give territories to the Negur and show them we don't want war. The long term objective is to integrate them in Hamriel society. Showing them that collaboration will be good for both of us. Also try to start building a Planetary Defense System. If someone asks, we only want to be sure we are safe. We will trade technology if someone wants to, specially space travel technology and nuclear fusion technology (the oil won't be there forever)
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 16, 2012, 03:55:09 pm »

Give territories to the Negur and show them we don't want war. The long term objective is to integrate them in Hamriel society. Showing them that collaboration will be good for both of us. Also try to start building a Planetary Defense System. If someone asks, we only want to be sure we are safe. We will trade technology if someone wants to, specially space travel technology and nuclear fusion technology (the oil won't be there forever)

Hey, we don't know which one of us will be attacked first, so we just make sure all the planets are protected.
>Assist Hamriel in their construction of the Planetary Defense System.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 17, 2012, 12:02:37 am »

Design several gene complexes, each which will provide some advantage to make sure they spread, but after a certain number of generations (3 for the quickest, 80 for the longest) will render all that have them infertile. Make sure these are as hard to find or circumvent as possible. Insert into population.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #411 on: December 21, 2012, 02:01:14 pm »

Sorry about not posting exams were finished two days ago and yesterday my mother dragged me around to do christman shopping

Finish plasma processor research try and get a warp drive

next devolop a tractor beam and a way to create elements beyond iron with hydrogen, put in on a ship with a factory, and send it to a star

Continue all other non Research actions from last turn
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 21, 2012, 02:45:41 pm »

1)get a warp drive

2)next devolop a tractor beam and a way to create elements beyond iron with hydrogen, put in on a ship with a factory, and send it to a star

1)Since we shared all technology, you have a warp drive technology.

2)Preferably not our star.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #413 on: December 21, 2012, 02:52:46 pm »

If I have a warp drive why would I pick our star?

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #414 on: January 19, 2013, 04:45:28 pm »

This dead?

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 13, 2013, 04:32:32 am »

This dead?
It was temporairily, but currently I'm attemting a new ethic on life and part of it is me having resolved to try and bring this back (again), I'm currently typing the next post, but it will, as it always has been, be a slow running thing, I think I know the answr but I'll just ask again, if you people are interested in starting this back up.
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 13, 2013, 11:26:29 am »

It was temporairily, but currently I'm attemting a new ethic on life and part of it is me having resolved to try and bring this back (again), I'm currently typing the next post, but it will, as it always has been, be a slow running thing, I think I know the answr but I'll just ask again, if you people are interested in starting this back up.

I am interested in seeing this started again.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 14, 2013, 07:15:57 am »

Year 1220

The system continued its rebuilding efforts in these years, and the multiple races of the system began to reach out into the Galaxy. The Ataskiran Alliance began a better look at its own sector, establishing a system wide hyper dive detector to locate any and all approaching ships, and sent a diplomatic envoy to the planet earth, all the while preparing to explore other parts of the galaxy. The Mariners meanwhile adopted a different more aggressive approach to expansion, sending a new ship equipped with new harvester technology to the star closest to their system. The hamriel began to pull back their expansion and, with the help of the Ataskiran alliance, were able to smooth things over with the Negur, all the while building up defences on the planet.

The Ataskiran alliance continued to heal Ataskira with great effect, and the world slowly began taking on an appearance similar to what it had been before the arrival of the Life ships. They also went about a continuation of research, developing advanced industrial production facilities, more and cleaner energy sources, and ever more powerful weaponry, including advanced torpedoes and longer range plasma blasts. They then began to place up scanners through-out the system in order to detect any incoming fleets, but at the behest of the Mariners they didn’t place them near Phoras, as many Mariners were still wary of the Salmass, the unusually high amount of “friendly fire” and “accidents” that had occurred when Salmass units fought alongside the Mariners still troubled them. The Alliance also suffered from another problem, as both its vast fleet and revitalization of the planet began to be a heavy drain on the economy of the alliance, as raw resources began to run dry on a massive scale, soon they would run out.

Meanwhile as they expanded their fleet, they also began the construction of a new explorer ship. Filing it with all the data they had on the Humans, an advanced warpdrive and minimal weaponry, before sending it out to earth. When they arrived in 1217, they found the long famed Earth to be a smoking deathly wasteland. Barley any evidence that it had ever supported life, they could make out nothing past a vast gas filled layer above the surface of the planet. At first the crew thought that they had taken a wrong turn, ended the jump to early or too late. But then they sent a scouting party down past the noxious gasses, and found unmistakable evidence of a civilisation once existing here, vast ruined cities and sites of great battles, also pointed to the idea that the civilization had not gone away peacefully. Matters then got even worse when, whilst taking their explorers back onto the ship, their scanners located Kalkaran ships approaching the planet, fortunately the ship was able to escape before the Kalkarans detected them, but the sheer length of Kalkaran influence shocked the crew as they headed back to Ataskira.

The Mariners meanwhile continued to swell their population and at the same time began to advance their industrial capacity. The Mass cloning program continued to operate, accelerating the growth of the Mariners to unparalleled proportions. And the super solider program also continued to grow, as more and more subjects came out alive. The biggest advancements however were once again in space technology, where they excelled the most. A new tractor beam technology was built, allowing the Mariners to retrieve objects without even touching them. This worked in nice conjunction with their other new technology, the matter processor, capable of taking any kind of substance, be it gas liquid or solid, break it down into raw elements. This naturally drew in a lot of power, and so vast solar panels were attached to the “Harvester,” as it was nicknamed, before it was placed in a vast space station and sent off with a reasonable large fleet to the nearest star that was not their own. Upon arriving at the system the harvester was subsequently deployed near the star in its space station, and then began drawing raw elements out of the star and converting them into elements useful for the mariners, Carbon, Iron, etc. whilst a trading fleet was established to convey food to the crew of the station, and take its new resources back to Marista. Meanwhile a new problem was facing the mind, as neither Marista nor the planet Phoras had very fertile land, food production began to become increasingly slow and soon it was predicted the Mariners would begin to starve.

The Hamriel meanwhile began to strengthen their position on Vistig, massive fortifications were built to defend the planet against any and all aggressors. These were further aided by the Ataskiran Alliance which provided them with ever more resources and manpower. They also smoothened things up with the Negur, again with the help of the alliance, and much of their outlying territory was given to the Negur. However as the Hamriel continued to give away, the Negur got even grabbier. Soon the Negur began demanding territory that was vital for the Negur to grow food in, or had a city built in it, despite attempts by both the Alliance and Hamriel diplomats, the Negur began demanding the session of these territories that no Negur had been in for over two hundred years, and many of the Hamriel were calling for open war to cease these threats. An idea that soon seemed plausible when in 1219 the Negur demanded that the Hamriel give them all the underwater territory by the end of three years or face open war.

The Vinthro meanwhile headed out into the galaxy, away from their home system.

The news about Earth disturbed her, she along with every Ataqalaas had known that in the centuries preceding, during, and following the great War with the Enemy, had been filled with a withdrawal of all Ataqalaas as they retreated from the Galaxy. This had resulted, along with their Isolationist policy, a loss of knowledge on what went on far outside their borders, they did know that the Kalkara had been the most expansive into old Ataqalaas territory, although they were still unwilling to come into direct conflict with the Ataqalaas, they did seem willing to fight other races. Itseemed they were trying to become the dominant power of the Galaxy, although she was sure that this would be challenged by other races, just as she was sure that the Humans were not all destroyed, once a race reaches the stars, it becomes incredibly difficult to wipe out.

Spoiler: Kel'nar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salmass (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vorglockie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mariners (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Karlask (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vinthro (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hamriel (click to show/hide)
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 14, 2013, 10:25:10 am »

>Continue healing the planet.
>Construct new technology.
>Continue construction of the fleet.
>Construct further explorer-class ship to do a survey of nearby systems.  Attempt to make peaceful contact with any new civilizations.
>Construct automated asteroid miners to begin resource extraction of the asteroid belt.
>Construct efficient routes to move resources between the belt and the homeworld.
>Colonize a suitable galaxy in a nearby system, but not the one being harvested by the Mariners.
>Deploy hyperdrive detectors around that new system.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 15, 2013, 12:02:14 am »

The Vhintro experience a surge in a new media form of simulations where the consciousnesses of thousands merge spinning vast simulations and fictions while simultaneously experiencing them all at once, the immense computing power needed for this provides a huge boost to all IT industries while making non-standard type of conciousness an established part of everyday life which the younger generation shows great interest in. Research into how to organize and harness these temporary super minds in the hope of godlike intelligence sprouts from many independent sources at once.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29