Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46166 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #375 on: November 16, 2012, 10:20:09 pm »

Assisstance will be given, and you can build your embassy.

I am glad that it shall happen.  Feel free to construct your own.  Due to anger of the Vorglockie and the Salmass, I would suggest putting it in the Kel'nar territory.

I have a question: Do you think the Life-ships, or any of the other races at that time, would've taken a sample of the human genetic code for the purpose of Science?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #376 on: November 16, 2012, 10:21:39 pm »

Doubt it, though you could probably either find it at the  crash site or in their computers, if it is even on the planet.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 16, 2012, 10:27:43 pm »

Doubt it, though you could probably either find it at the  crash site or in their computers, if it is even on the planet.

Any data at the crash site would be long past destroyed, but I'll search whatever is left anyway.  Put what remains in a museum.  Check the computers for the genetic codex as well.

Hopefully, we can create a diplomat of some sort from the codes, considering Earth is the only planet we know where it is at.  ...We should do another search of that data.  Maybe newer computer technology can find something.

EDIT: Tests upon the FTL drive can be utilized with jumps to stars near our current location, due to those barely moving.  And if we can determine the distance to Earth, and its location in the sky compared to the map, we can determine the change in the location of stars and find far-off areas!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:34:37 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 17, 2012, 02:30:49 am »

I can't be bothered looking back, but if I remember correctly the humans arrived and died at least five hundred years ago, at a time wen both sides still had yet to, or had just got, gunpowder.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:12:25 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 17, 2012, 11:04:35 am »

I can't be bothered looking back, but if I remember correctly the humans arrived and died at least five hundred years ago, at a time when both sides still had yet to, or had just got, gunpowder.

Well that's too bad.  Still go to the crash site and put it in a museum, though.

Also, construct a vehicle similar to the ghost from the Halo series for use by the Vorglockie.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 17, 2012, 02:08:57 pm »

@entire update except the last paragraph: everything is ggoing perfectly!

@last paragraph: Oh ****.

For centuries he had toiled to create the perfect defenders, living weapons that would never falter or hesitate, ever loyal. The thing his species need the most... but without them to guide and restrain them, the thing the galaxy needed the least. Something which could become nothing but a blight upon it if left unchecked. It was with a heavy heart he set about to destroy any trace of his work.

Can't really think of anything else that would be justified in this situation. You've all seen the amount of civil wars and dictators that come as a side effect of optimizing the species for war. The other races are not perfect, not at all like the wardens that could have been created if this had been known in time, but they are far more peaceful than the Vorlocke or Vinthro.

Edit: I'll tell them the whole truth and give them a year or so to make peace and end themselves in whichever way they prefer thou.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:11:06 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 17, 2012, 03:07:07 pm »

The other races are not perfect, not at all like the wardens that could have been created if this had been known in time, but they are far more peaceful than the Vorlocke or Vinthro.

The Vorglockie seem to be more peaceful than the Vinthro, probably due to being restrained by the other races upon the planet, but still.

They do not necessarily need to die, just be restrained by the Life-ships/Mariners, Hamriel, and the Alliance

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 18, 2012, 08:10:49 am »

Armok your still here for a hundred more years
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:13:23 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 18, 2012, 11:23:51 am »

The restraining only works well enough with the conditioning on specifics of Ataqalaa physiology. A hundred years is not enough to to create a new race, these ones took many many centuries.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 18, 2012, 05:48:40 pm »

The restraining only works well enough with the conditioning on specifics of Ataqalaa physiology. A hundred years is not enough to to create a new race, these ones took many many centuries.

Still doesn't mean this has to be the end.  Some Vinthro would become heretics, grab some FTL travel technology, and escape to the rest of the galaxy and cause strife, along with some remaining behind.  Any Vorglockie within the alliance would be prevented from killing themselves, and the Life-ship slaves wouldn't have a chance to do so.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 18, 2012, 06:27:50 pm »

Anyway, do you really think mass genocide is something an ataqalas would do, would allow?
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 19, 2012, 09:08:41 am »

@some escaping: yea,killing them is just the in-character action, on a metagaming level I'm counting on some escaping.

@allowing genocide: We've all been doing it all this time for much less noble reasons, so apparently they would.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 19, 2012, 09:11:32 am »

Not mass genocide of an entire species no, and not directly no
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 19, 2012, 04:44:43 pm »

PTW. Just read the 26 pages and: wow
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #389 on: November 19, 2012, 05:22:05 pm »

What part, the fact that I went from Pariah to savior in the space of 2 turns
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29