Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46195 times)

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #330 on: November 13, 2012, 06:17:44 pm »

Well I'm glad everyonelikes this, and once you two sort out tis aid thing I'll post
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #331 on: November 13, 2012, 06:25:34 pm »

Hmmm... O.K. lets get down to business you know what I want, what do you want, and I just want to say that one, in the ruins of your little Alliance, the mind could swoop in and take the tech, or the that you know, you really have not used the enhancement tech at all, except for on 30 people, and that if the Mind gained access you could get a safer and more effective treatment.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:32:01 pm by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 13, 2012, 06:30:00 pm »

Hmmm... O.K. lets get down to business you know what I want, what do you want.

What technology do you have again?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:31:58 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 13, 2012, 06:42:04 pm »

I'd like to butt in and point out that the Life Ships haven't beaten the Karlask on the ground, no-one has yet, you might want to keep that in mind.
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #334 on: November 13, 2012, 06:44:01 pm »

Well lets list here:

Nanotech to convert planets
Good computers
Excellent cybernetics, and supersoldier kits.
Much better biotech than you have.
Antimatter technology.
And some form of mind uploading, along with whatever tech I reversed engineered,

Plus possible dyson spheres and wormholes, what you have is actually a trivial piece of biotech, which will become outdated, when mind uploading becomes cheaper than biological bodies, and maybe an extra piece of weapons tech.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 13, 2012, 06:57:57 pm »

Nanotech to convert planets
Good computers
Excellent cybernetics, and supersoldier kits.
Much better biotech than you have.
Antimatter technology.
And some form of mind uploading, along with whatever tech I reversed engineered,

Plus possible dyson spheres and wormholes, what you have is actually a trivial piece of biotech, which will become outdated, when mind uploading becomes cheaper than biological bodies, and maybe an extra piece of weapons tech.

Dyson Spheres (maybe, what are those?), nanotech, biotech, and any better reverse engineered tech is what I want.  What do you think is of value equal to those?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #336 on: November 13, 2012, 07:06:31 pm »

I don't think you can get the full breadth of these at all with what you have, dyson spheres surround a star and get energy, megascale engineering,

Nanotech you might be able to get a tiny non-advanced motor, or battery.

Biotech, I don't know, maybe some secrets of gene-engineering, this is generous, not many secrets.

or maybe some efficiency tweaks for reversed engineer tech.

Please keep in mind what you have is quite small and I am not patient.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 13, 2012, 07:21:41 pm »

Nanotech you might be able to get a tiny non-advanced motor, or battery.

Biotech, I don't know, maybe some secrets of gene-engineering, this is generous, not many secrets.

or maybe some efficiency tweaks for reversed engineer tech.

Please keep in mind what you have is quite small and I am not patient.

Are you blatently disregarding the fact that I have a warp drive.  One that functions.  The ability to create a usable wormhole to a place that you want to go is near infinitesimally small.  And do not forget the starmap that I have as well.
Dyson spheres are now out of the question due to their scale, but I know how to utilize the other devices.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #338 on: November 13, 2012, 07:23:35 pm »

You mean you salvaged a warp drive, put on a ship, which disappeared years ago, and has likely drawn these jerks to our location.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 13, 2012, 07:30:13 pm »

You mean you salvaged a warp drive, put on a ship, which disappeared years ago, and has likely drawn these jerks to our location.

You cannot make a decision based upon what your people do not know.  Even my people do not know how we were found, and we did not salvage it, we took apart one we salvaged and made our own, obviously creating backups of the navigational map and drive.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #340 on: November 13, 2012, 07:34:13 pm »

We know that as soon as soon as your ship left these jerks came, so we have a strong idea what happened, plus keep in mind we have been here longer, and have records of the drive, I am sure we could do some stellar cartography, and make our own drives if we put our minds to it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 13, 2012, 07:52:40 pm »

We know that as soon as soon as your ship left these jerks came, so we have a strong idea what happened, plus keep in mind we have been here longer, and have records of the drive, I am sure we could do some stellar cartography, and make our own drives if we put our minds to it.

Would you rather spend hundreds of years trying to do that, or get a head start now.  Plus, the navigation computer is accurate now, and anything you try to do will wind up being off due to the positioning of stars being different than how you currently view them.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #342 on: November 13, 2012, 08:05:08 pm »

Wow supercomputers can't account for momentum, I am ashamed, and evidently the humans did it without being noticed, of course no one will ever see how that happened around here unless we revisit earth considering that the life ships shut down a path Deny gave us, out of pure spite, I am not afraid to admit it, plus the life ships do have some form of FTL, and really, your trying to remove my entire advantage, and even I seriously doubt that after I pour in resources, and you use my tech to rebuild, if you win, that I will be safe from you, or the fact that currently, the mariners goal is transentience.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 13, 2012, 08:21:30 pm »

Wow supercomputers can't account for momentum, I am ashamed, and evidently the humans did it without being noticed, of course no one will ever see how that happened around here unless we revisit earth considering that the life ships shut down a path Deny gave us, out of pure spite, I am not afraid to admit it, plus the life ships do have some form of FTL, and really, your trying to remove my entire advantage, and even I seriously doubt that after I pour in resources, and you use my tech to rebuild, if you win, that I will be safe from you, or the fact that currently, the mariners goal is transentience.

I don't think that the life-ships have FTL.  I am certain that the planets are all in-system.

As I recall, all hatred of the life-ships came from them turning the planet into a wasteland.  If you help restore the planet, I doubt that there will be much hatred remaining.

Transentience can be assisted by the same technology in the Five, though you will need to do some changes due to the difference in brain chemistry, but I think the mariners are up to the challenge.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #344 on: November 13, 2012, 08:36:31 pm »

Bro fine, lets put aside the tech debate for right now, I am sure I can devise an FTL method, but let us do this, I will help you, and in the post battle we can decide what to do, but please refuse me if you don't want, aerial bombardment as an option, because that is where the majority of my stregnth, indeed the tactic which will probably need to adopt is slash and burn, stop them from gaining a foothold.

Also the Salmass will hate forever, only the Kelnar will ever forgive.

Finally digital acension offers many more paths than physical, but this is a problem for a different day.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29