Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46235 times)

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #270 on: September 08, 2012, 07:17:31 pm »

Isn't that kind of cheating, I know you guys I have taken counter-measures against me which is a bit annoying considering that I don't read you stuff so that I am in a realistic non-all knowing mode.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 08, 2012, 07:26:55 pm »

This isn't some kind of game, the goal is to create as formidable a race as possible to protect us. Hintred seems the kind of progressive leader that might help with that, as well as making a good general or something after the reveal.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2012, 07:43:50 pm »

Hintreds hive was bombarded from space, but he had a force field over the hive, also the Alliance doesn't have much in the way of things similar to ground pounders so bombardment is tricky
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #273 on: September 08, 2012, 07:48:04 pm »

Yeah I thought you wanted to backup his whole faction and reload them at will, I misread.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 09, 2012, 02:36:46 pm »

How is the anti-matter being contained?  Due to being unable to touch any substance known, any increase or decrease in speed would have the anti-matter running into a part of the matter-based container, causing it to detonate and destroy the ship it is contained within.  So I ask again, how is it safely contained?

...the goal is to create as formidable a race as possible to protect us.

This makes me wonder if we have reached a point where the decision of the race could be made and we can move onto what is happening in the galaxy at large.

Isn't that kind of cheating, I know you guys I have taken counter-measures against me which is a bit annoying considering that I don't read you stuff so that I am in a realistic non-all knowing mode.

You don't think that what we list is logical for the race?  They would take every measure that they could think of against those who wish to annihilate them.

Actions

Ataqalaa
>Reveal selves to Kel'nar and Salmass.
Ataskira
>Construct a non-passage shield wall around the hive Hintred is in.
>Advance technology to attempt to bypass Hintred.
>Increase defenses against the life-ships.
>Let the ship (the one coming from out-system) land and try to see if those on board will join the alliance, or would like to be left alone until they are set up.
>Construct more orbital defense stations.
Vistig
>Fire upon any life-ships that attempt to land.  Avoid firing upon the out-system ship if it comes here.
>If some of the mariners land, activate the self-destruct upon all technology on the planet besides the Ark (emergency protocol against the life-ships), and relaunch the Ark. (it's landing sequence is the opposite of it's launch sequence, and in order to hid activity by the alliance from the life-ships, it would've been buried.)
>When the Ark breaks atmosphere, launch the drive in the direction of Earth. (it should reach atmosphere, due to it's purpose of trying to break through the life-ship blockade on the first planet.  Compared to that, it should be able to make it through what should be remaining behind to deal with Vistig.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #275 on: September 09, 2012, 02:48:21 pm »

Anti-matter can be contained in vacuum as well as in fullrene cages by using antimatters negative charge to repel the carbons electrons if I remember correctly, besides this isn't hard-sci-fi if it was we would be screwed

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 09, 2012, 05:00:49 pm »

I veto revealing ourselves. Way to irreversible. However, it might be time to abduct some semi-large group and make very, very extensive tests on all sorts of things, including but not limited to reaction to finding out the whole truth and performance with Ataqalaa technology (in simulations) after extensive training and in large groups with chain of command etc.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #277 on: September 09, 2012, 05:10:01 pm »

I already revealed myself so I guess a shoot all prisoner policy by your guys will be strengthened.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 09, 2012, 06:11:07 pm »

I'm pretty sure all our actions goes through a comity for approval beforehand and you can't just decide to do the reveal on your own, considering how critical it being done right is the the entire project.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 09, 2012, 06:17:16 pm »

SoHowAreYou has reaveled himself, but only to the Mariners, so your projects are unaffected by this, and unless you reveal yourselves to all the races then you can just go off on your own
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 09, 2012, 07:21:13 pm »

This makes me wonder if we have reached a point where the decision of the race could be made and we can move onto what is happening in the galaxy at large.
Yes, that stage can be reached soon, very soon indeed

Also the ship is headed for Vistig
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 07:30:31 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 09, 2012, 07:33:59 pm »

Yes, that stage can be reached soon, very soon indeed

Also the ship is headed for Vistig

Doesn't matter.  This reaction will be the same:
>Let the ship (the one coming from out-system) land and try to see if those on board will join the alliance, or would like to be left alone until they are set up.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2012, 07:36:03 pm »

Why the hell would you choose Earth, your a random race of alien refuges who came out of nowhere, and if you think they will help you against the Life Ships here are a few things to note, it has been hundreds of years since the ship was downed, humans may not exist anymore, you have no credible evidence if any exists anymore, they may think you downed the ship, they may shoot on sight, they may not even care, and finally what makes you think that your going to get that ship unearthed and have it be able to deal with antimatter, and super ships, I think you have to take a look at yourself breaking reality and logic before you accuse me of it, antimatter containment and mass production is far more likely than force fields, because we already know how to contain it, also going to Earth in a ship and saying help us fight the mean enemies AT BEST will get a few volunteer squads, but you have to realize interstellar warfare is expensive and no one wants to pay to fight aliens who are not an immediate threat, actually no lets rephrase that, you are a race of aliens who know the location of Earth expecting the humans if you get a hearing to dedicate tax dollars to helping you fight a war against aliens who don't know the location of Earth, let me give you a hint on how ridiculous this is, I live in America where 15% tax rate on millionaires is considered to much, also your expecting them to die for you? If anything the alien race that knows their location is on top of the priority kill list. In short stop holding me to higher standard to yourself, stop making complaints about things I do one they become relevant to you and not before, and for the love of god have you ever read Childhood's End by Clarke? Yeah the dragon look a likes aren't scare anyone. /sarcasm.

Sorry if this seems harsh but please don't question me if any of your post contain the words COLD FUSION, no pseudoscience for you if your going to question borderline proven science for me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 07:37:46 pm by SoHowAreYou »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2012, 07:48:35 pm »

SoHowAreYou, the reason Earth was chosen was due to the fact that it was the only location that could be found within the map recovered from the ship.  Also, you have to consider how many life-ships the Ark was designed to go through, which goes far beyond the capability of the superships.  Furthermore, I doubt that you would have enough anti-matter produced in the amount of time you have had to have enough to damage the ark after you utilize it upon the planet for your ships to be able to land.

Sorry if this seems harsh but please don't question me if any of your post contain the words COLD FUSION, no pseudoscience for you if your going to question borderline proven science for me.

I only use what is currently listed as able to be produced by my race.  And borderline is relative.

Deny, due to limitations set upon me, I probably will not be able to post until Wednesday.  After that, the next day I could post is Friday.  I apologize for delay caused.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 07:52:08 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #284 on: September 09, 2012, 08:00:09 pm »

Actually from wikipedia 2000 MW hour can prooduce a gram of antimatter, the factories have been running for years, and a gram can unleash 90 Kilotons, so yeah I think with fusion and whatever else, I will have more than enough.

Plus you could go back to the home planet
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:02:48 pm by SoHowAreYou »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29