Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46248 times)

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #255 on: September 07, 2012, 08:50:32 pm »

I have npc race idea when I get home.
Well I'd love to hear it, when exactly are you getting back again?

Also, this is getting very interesting, but I need you to reveal yourselves soon, otherwise your creations will find out on their own, if possible make it dramatic, in fact thats advised
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 07, 2012, 08:55:10 pm »

Also, this is getting very interesting, but I need you to reveal yourselves soon, otherwise your creations will find out on their own, if possible make it dramatic, in fact thats advised

Can you clarify this statement?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #257 on: September 07, 2012, 09:06:17 pm »

Tell the mariners that this final attack is a test to create the ultimate protectors for their gods and these other races wish to compete for it, play on their hatred a bit.

Now here is the race:

A single core with a powerful brain forms the center, A massive amount of forming tentacles, which can be replace with cybernetics, form the outside allowing them to morph, they can receive audio and other data through the tentacles, the tentacles are more life spaghetti and form legs and so forth, low power psionics.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 07, 2012, 09:17:22 pm »

Can you clarify this statement?
Show yourselves to them and explain why they were made and such
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #259 on: September 07, 2012, 09:25:55 pm »

What is my non-organic tech level?

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 07, 2012, 09:34:04 pm »

Abit further into the future than modern, basic laser weaponry and such
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2012, 09:35:43 pm »

Enough that maybe cyborg Life ships are worth it?

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 07, 2012, 09:43:33 pm »

Well put it this way, you have lots of ships, a few wouldn't be missed
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #263 on: September 07, 2012, 09:45:20 pm »

Let me put it this way I don't know what you mean by that.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 07, 2012, 09:53:09 pm »

You can go cybernetic, although it may sometimes result in a dead Life ship, but you've got the numbers for that easily, you can cyborg your Life ships, but the ptrocess wont be perfect
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #265 on: September 07, 2012, 09:59:23 pm »

As long as they become better I'm O.K. also if for some reason I have to retreat from the planet, mine it with missiles designed to attack ships trying to gain access.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 08, 2012, 07:56:16 am »

Year 1140

The time of war as multiple nations lashed out into conflict, the Alliance found itslef fighting two foes, one at the start, and one at the end of these years, a new force arrived into the system as it once again fell into war. The Alliance acted against Hintred, but found itself hard pressed to bring him down, seeming to succede only through superior numbers and afte Hintred seemingly died. As the Alliance prepaired to settle down again it found itself under assualt from the Life Ships and Mariners.

Hintred continued on his conquest, expansion and reaserch, despite alliance warnings not to do so, and so it was that in 1122 the Alliance officialy declared war against Hintred. It was here that Hintred unleashed the full scale of his reaserch, for while he had yet to create a body design, his reaserch had led to increadable advances in energy generation, weaponry and even advanced flight. HIntred initialy made significant advances against the inexpirienced and surprised Alliance army, His armies unleashed a powerful kind of weaponry called Red Spark, powered by the crystals that had given rise to the Vorglockie, these crystals unleashed a powerful spark of energy that caused increadable damage to anything it hit, and with this weaponry and Hintreds tactical genius, the far more expirienced and better equiped Army of Hintred made multiple gains in many fields of the war. However, Hintred was not fast enough, and eventualy the Alliance equipment began to catch up and their numbers began to tell. But it was not until the Battle of Holgor fields in 1128 that the alliance scored a major victory, and from then on Hintred was on the defencive.

Throught this time Hintred had been improving and refining the machine bodies but had yet to test the conversion process. Then in 1137 Hintred tested it on himself and his most loyal followers. His body didn't wake up, and neither did his followers. With Hintreds 'death' his forces fell into confusion, and it only took the Alliance less than a year to  clean up all of his forces except those in hive Maneskal, where his most devoted supporters had gone, they walled themselves up in the hive, and the Alliance found it impossible to take, eventualy that decided to simply surround the hive, make sure no one went in or out. The remaining hives were given to Mega Hive Bilkrish, who quickly joined the alliance as per promised, despite the fact that many Vorglockie despised this. And so the Vorglockie had plans made to use their forces in the war with the Life ships.

The Alliance found itself in a series of disasters at the start of these two decades. Despite its warnings Hintred continued to expand his influence, so the Alliance was forced to act. However whilst the Alliance had been heavly building up on its forces for war with the Life ships, it was unprepared for the hard ground slogfest war against the Vorglockie, and the Alliance found itslef suffering numerous set backs, this culminated with the death of a ranger from the Six, in the battle of Galaposh in 1127. Hoever the Alliance began to turn things around as they reiquipted its ground forces and unleashed newly trained soilders to the battle, and less than a year after the disaster at Galaposh the Alliance scored its first major victory, and by 1130 they were firmly et to win the war, and when Hintred died, the Alliance was able to consolidate its victory on their weakened foe.

Whilst this war had been raging on the Alliance had continued to strengthen its defences against against the Life ships. Orbitol and ground based, on both their colony and at home. While a large obserbitory base was completed in 1138, and not a moment too soon, as it detected a large buildup of the Life ships and was able to detect the Invasion force that was sent to Vistig. The entire Alliance fleet was assembled and sent to defend the planet, and when it met the Life ships it engaged in its first ever space battle, it was known as the Battle of Hamira, after the large moon that they fought near. The Alliance fleet founs itslef heavily outnumbered as the Life ships parked no less than Five Life forges just near the Moon Hamira. And the Alliance suffered from its lack of a number of larger ships, nearly all the fleet being Fighters which, whilst deadly, weren't enough compared to the large numbers of frigate and larger class ships used by the Life ships. The cannons on the planet were able to negate this for some time, but eventualy the Fleet had to flee, with most of its fighters either going to the Planet, or fleeing back to Ataskira along with all the capitol ships which, while damaged, were all miracuisly still working. The Life ships followed bombardment of the planet destroyed many of the GTS cannons on Vistig, but they were forced to withdraw and so a stalemate was drawn over Vistig, whith the Life ships unable to get past the shields and canons from space.

The Mariners spent their time prepairing for war, usign their technology to upgrade their ships with cybernetics, although nine out of ten times this would end with a dead life ship, they had enough to replace them and the result was more than worth it, they created much larger ships called Omega Class ships. These had the firepower to level a large mountain in a single Volley, and by the year 1139 they had twelve such ships available. They also continued to increase their technology and construct a multitude of defences to protect the Planet against any possible agressors. They then recieved word from thier God, of their purpose to be protectors, and that this war was a test to decide which race had the honor of serving alongside the gods, thsi created an almost fanatical nture to the planned invasion, and the Mariners bgan to grow more and more impatient. Then finally in 1139 they began their invasion of Vistig, and after a lengthy battle in which not a single Omega ships was used or any more than five Life forges, they were able to gain dominance over the space of Vistig, however their ground pounder proved the losers in a long duel with the planets GTS cannons, as the shielding and firepower of these cannons were too hard to crack and only three GTS guns were lost. With this stalemate many advise the use of a ground force to bypass the cannons and secure the Colony for the Mariners, it has much support as the Mariner ground force is eager to prove itself and the losses in the duel advise against the use of their precious Omega Ships. However the Omega ships would also need testing, and a ground invasion is also likely to prove costly for the Mariners, and so they were split between wha to use.

Meanwhile, just at the edge of the system, the large object, reavealing to be a ship, arrived in the system, heading straight for Vistig.

And deep within Maneskal, a series of red lights turned on, and through-out the Hive word began to spread, lord Hintred was awake.

Spoiler: Kel'nar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salmass (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vorglockie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Life ships (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Karlask (click to show/hide)
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 08, 2012, 10:34:44 am »

Epic.  Though I must say that the hive Hintred was in was supposed to be bombarded from space.

Proof:
Ataskira
>Tell Hintred to stand down.  If he refuses, bombard Hintred's hive from space.

I'll have my turn up later.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #268 on: September 08, 2012, 10:58:13 am »

Land on Vistig, capture and reverse engineer all the tech we find, bring down the mortality rate, while still increasing or stabilizing quality for cyborged ships, advance nanotech, take about a year too land on the the colony planet conquer it, then ship off with updated weapons, maybe build anitmatter weapons. Send 2 Omega ships, attack gun sites with antimatter, low yields of up to 100 kilotons at first, but more if it is needed, if the ship approaching is hostile abandon Vistig. Do not get in the ships way for the love of god. Antimatter attack first.

Do not dedicate too much force to Vistig, or the homeworld, because we don't want full death.

Also bombardment would be hard with no ships left.

Also using biotech, nanotech, and small computers, augment Mariners into supersoldiers low morality rate wanted, should be able to be used on masse, and begin a project on a totally lifeless moon, using grey goo build a computer out of a moon, next use this computer to defeat alliance computers, also choose an extraordinary citizen using a test of science and tactics, and upload him too the computer, this should result in an expotential increase in technology via the use of technological singularity, first ensure he is loyal of course. Use the new tech to beat the crap out off people. Finnally civilians shall be integrated if captured, let them maintain their culture and don't use force too keep them in line.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 11:18:24 pm by SoHowAreYou »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2012, 07:11:29 pm »

> Using superior Ataqalaa technology, establish an undetectable wireless link directly to his body and have Hintreds mind continuously backed up and monitored in detail.

((BTw, it's not entirely made clear by the text: What Hintred did was a destructive brain scan followed by whole brain emulation on a "hard" robot, without psionics but with software that does equivelent or even better on the comunations and cognitive encantment?))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29