Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46277 times)

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2012, 07:00:49 am »

Yes  because the Atquallaas are there to make sure the life ships can't use all of the benefits that would normally be conferred on them,(sarcasm end) they are there to stop rebellion, and when they have high-tech tracking devices they don't need to be in the same system to keep tabs on them, moreover I already had permission to leave the system, from the Atquaalas, I don't think the excuse of making it easier for your guys who will fight in massive wars which will be unfair will cut it.

Also there are already life ships out of system, you know on that desert planet with the moon where the mariners are? That is out of system.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:30:05 am by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 09, 2012, 09:27:30 am »

Indeed, you cannot presume to order the Ataqalaas for they are controlled directly by me and will only act if certaint lines are crossed, I'll post tomorrow tired as hell right now
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2012, 09:36:07 am »

The plan (approval from Kaian and Armok would be good, for it involves their races as well)
  • Slow down production of ships to create mining drones, to gain more resources at a quicker rate.
  • Construct laser-based anti-lifeship ground-to-space weaponry at each major city, once completed fire indiscriminately into the lifeships, carefully avoiding the life-forge cores.  If asteroids, use cannons to eliminate those, then return to firing at the lifeships.
  • Stockpile Vorglockie and Salmass missiles in bunkers beneath shielding across the planet.
  • Improve speed of ship production, after completion, begin work on 'the Ark'
  • See if you can salvage a warp-core, galactic map, and communication array from the crashed human ship.  If done, equip them to the Ark, when it is being built.  Have it in storage until then.  (Do this first)

Indeed, you cannot presume to order the Ataqalaas for they are controlled directly by me and will only act if certaint lines are crossed, I'll post tomorrow tired as hell right now

I was about to say something about that, but the GM is more convincing than the player.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2012, 10:48:58 am »

eh that's fine. I'm only interested in breeding as good a race as possible, since that's, you know, our actual mission. War is useful for conditioning and practice, but the specifics of it going "well" or "badly" from their perspective doesn't interest me much beyond it being challenging and varied.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2012, 11:14:44 am »

eh that's fine. I'm only interested in breeding as good a race as possible, since that's, you know, our actual mission. War is useful for conditioning and practice, but the specifics of it going "well" or "badly" from their perspective doesn't interest me much beyond it being challenging and varied.

What I am currently trying to do is create plans based upon an action-reaction principle, with an ultimate goal in mind.  Attempt to colonize another planet.  The Ataqalaas would probably make their selection of the race before we accomplish that, but it is something to strive for.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 09, 2012, 05:08:37 pm »

We are playing as Ataqalaas, it's just that our character have become sort-of patrons for their races.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 09, 2012, 08:04:20 pm »

We are playing as Ataqalaas, it's just that our character have become sort-of patrons for their races.

Isn't that (one of) the point(s) of the thread?

Also there are already life ships out of system, you know on that desert planet with the moon where the mariners are? That is out of system.

I thought that was in system, since I do not think the GM would've given you the ability to travel to another galaxy just yet.  If you can prove me wrong, then do so.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:10:33 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2012, 10:35:43 am »

A galaxy is made up of systems, so he is in the same system but leaving the system would not mean leaving the galaxy.

Return from the heavens, 1060

The time when the races of the planet realised that they were not abandoned by their gods. The Life ships were struck a major blow as the planet began to recover from the devastation of the plauge at a rapid rate. And the Alliance ws beginnng to grow even stronger, with the construction of The Ark.

The Alliance focused its entire power onto the work of the forge and further developing the cure. It's first action was to scavange the wreck of the ancient ship from Salmass ledgend, and were able to salvage a galactic map containing the nearby area and all the sectors on the way to a planet named "Earth" along with pices of a warp drive, however the drive was far too damaged to be used anymore. The other thing they did was to put a temporairy halt on the constructions and began building a large amount of mining bots, which began to generate reasources at an increadeble rate, and by the year 1069 they once again began to construct their armada, along with massive Ground to Space lasers which began to take pot shots at the Life ships, however, it seemed that the inner ring of the life ships was able to generate a force field, which proved completely impenitrable to even the most powerful GTS lasers, although the forming second ring suffered losses, it just kept on growing however.

The races meanwhile continued to recolinize the planet, but the plauge was every rampant and started to destroy the environment, then in the year 1071, whilst in the middle of constructing their ships, the bunker command was tolf to "Look to the sky, for a battle rages there." With this they turned their telescopes to the sky, and saw massive explosions as a fleet of strange sleek vessels assualted the Life Forge, and they were dealing catastrophic damage, however the alliance observers only saw the final twenty minutes of the battle, after which the attackers withdrew without a single casualty. Immediately after this the plauge came to a halt. The rejoice and mystery that followed was unprecidented, and many believed that this was a sign from the Ataqalaas, and the sudden regrowth further emphasised this thought, and so operatons on the fleet construction contunued.

Meanwhile the Vorglockie advanced a slight bit more, their organ that allowed for computor face controll, meant that the Vorglockie became smarter and smarter, and their knowledge for each Vorglockie was pinpoint detailed. Another thing that came around was the creation of the Pilot caste, whose reactions were far quicker than that of the average Vorglockie, and so quickly became the main fighter pilots for the Vorglockie fleets.

The Life ships began this time by building up their forces and developing technology, the Mariner colony grew even larger as the Life forge also grew increadebly, and the Life ships seemed to be going well, then they redirected the bio nano to destroy the ecosystem, and it did its job rather well. Then as the plauge was on the verge of wiping out the entire ecosystem, disaster struck the Vorglockie, the Life forge was attacked in what would be known as by the mariners as the Battle of the Heavens.

As the plauge was on the verge of total environmentl destruction, the Life forge was attacked by unknown vessels of sleek design, now the Life ships were no strangers to naval combat against unknown foes, but while most relied on either sheer firepower and duribility, or speed and manuverability, this fleet seemed the contain both. They tore into the Life ships, the shields of the Life forge proved no boon as the inner ring suffered heavy losses, the ships destroyed many Bio Nano Forges, and the Life ships seemed on the verge of total ahnihalation, when the fleet mysteriusly vanished as mysteriusly as it had arrived. In the wake of this the life ships were forced to rebuild their fleet, but found their plauge completely destroyed, and their assualts of redirected metiorites were destroyed by the alliance's GTS lasers's, and so by the end of these years the Life ships had two complete rings around the Life Forge, even though the prediction had been for all three rings to be finished.

They had forced her hand, the Life ships completely indiscriminante slaughter of the innocent had forced her to commit her fleet to battle, and the life ships had been utterly defeted, whilst they still lived, she hoped they had gotten the message. The alliance fleet was well underway now but she still felt that the fleet would be outmatched if they took on the Life ships fleet, let alone the Life Forge. The Vorglockei were the most independant of the races right now in the Alliance as the Salmass and Kel'nar were entirely commited to the alliance, she wondered how long that would last after they fought the Life ships, win or lose. Still the Life ships fate was in their own hands for now, as next time they crossed a line she would not be so held back.
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2012, 11:44:07 am »

1)A galaxy is made up of systems, so he is in the same system but leaving the system would not mean leaving the galaxy.

2)And the Alliance ws beginnng to grow even stronger, with the construction of The Ark.

3)It's first action was to scavange the wreck of the ancient ship from Salmass ledgend, and were able to salvage a galactic map containing the nearby area and all the sectors on the way to a planet named "Earth" along with pices of a warp drive, however the drive was far too damaged to be used anymore.

4)The other thing they did was to put a temporairy halt on the constructions and began building a large amount of mining bots, which began to generate reasources at an increadeble rate, and by the year 1069 they once again began to construct their armada, along with massive Ground to Space lasers which began to take pot shots at the Life ships,

5)however, it seemed that the inner ring of the life ships was able to generate a force field, which proved completely impenitrable to even the most powerful GTS lasers, although the forming second ring suffered losses, it just kept on growing however.

6)The races meanwhile continued to recolinize the planet, but the plauge was every rampant and started to destroy the environment, then in the year 1071, whilst in the middle of constructing their ships, the bunker command was tolf to "Look to the sky, for a battle rages there." With this they turned their telescopes to the sky, and saw massive explosions as a fleet of strange sleek vessels assualted the Life Forge, and they were dealing catastrophic damage, however the alliance observers only saw the final twenty minutes of the battle, after which the attackers withdrew without a single casualty. Immediately after this the plauge came to a halt. The rejoice and mystery that followed was unprecidented, and many believed that this was a sign from the Ataqalaas, and the sudden regrowth further emphasised this thought, and so operatons on the fleet construction contunued.

The Life ships began this time by building up their forces and developing technology, the Mariner colony grew even larger as the Life forge also grew increadebly, and the Life ships seemed to be going well, then they redirected the bio nano to destroy the ecosystem, and it did its job rather well. Then as the plauge was on the verge of wiping out the entire ecosystem, disaster struck the Vorglockie, the Life forge was attacked in what would be known as by the mariners as the Battle of the Heavens.

As the plauge was on the verge of total environmentl destruction, the Life forge was attacked by unknown vessels of sleek design, now the Life ships were no strangers to naval combat against unknown foes, but while most relied on either sheer firepower and duribility, or speed and manuverability, this fleet seemed the contain both. They tore into the Life ships, the shields of the Life forge proved no boon as the inner ring suffered heavy losses, the ships destroyed many Bio Nano Forges, and the Life ships seemed on the verge of total ahnihalation, when the fleet mysteriusly vanished as mysteriusly as it had arrived. In the wake of this the life ships were forced to rebuild their fleet, but found their plauge completely destroyed, and their assualts of redirected metiorites were destroyed by the alliance's GTS lasers's, and so by the end of these years the Life ships had two complete rings around the Life Forge, even though the prediction had been for all three rings to be finished.

7)...she wondered how long that would last after they fought the Life ships, win or lose.
    1)Accidental slip-up of the words.  My bad.
    2)I shall reveal its purpose, later.
    3)Did we get anything else?
    4)That is extremely good.
    5)That did not go according to plan.  Must learn more about this shield.  Generated by the life ships, or the core?
    6)Sweeeet.
    7)Longer than she will expect.  The Ark's purpose will be revealed.

The plan (approval from Kaian and Armok would be good, for it involves their races as well)
      • Research Cloaking technology.  (if you need a caveat for this, it could shut off when weapons are fired)
      [/s]
      • Research a device that when planted upon the hull of the life ships, causes them to turn on their own.
      • Research faster than light travel based upon the drive recovered from the humans.
      • Create a high-speed troop carrier that has room for a team of 2 Salmass, 2 Vorglockie, 1 monitor, and 1 ranger.  Equip cloaking device.  If 6 is successful create more.
      • Create team for that carrier.  If 6 is successful create more.
      • Use the carrier and team to plant device in 2 upon a life ship's or ground pounder's hull.  Repeat four more times.  Observe resulting chaos.
      • Enlarge fleet when Ark is completed.  The lifeships will be back.
      • Reveal the purpose of the Ark.  A planetary colonizer.  Launch with a crew of the races that send along some of their kind.  (Is the mostly water planet sustainable for life from this planet?)

Kelnar Only
      • Customize the Kel'nar capitol ship the "Maierish" with stronger sheilding, speed, and maneuverability.  Do same with fighters.  (Armok, Kaian, you can do the same to your ships.
      • Increase usage of the brain.  No improvement to psionic ability.
      • If 100% usage is reached, augement with nanobots to increase capacity.  Only augment a select few this turn, as a test (10 of each subspecies).
      • Send some of the race to colonize another planet.
      [/list]
      « Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:38:16 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
        • My Game
      « Reply #204 on: August 10, 2012, 02:19:24 pm »

Hmmm... new plan fall back and hide, Create a self sustained psychic being named gaurdian with ships, and have the mariners tech up.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
      • God of Blood
        • View Profile
      « Reply #205 on: August 10, 2012, 03:57:59 pm »

I provoke brutal civil wars within the Vorlocke that takes up all their capability and then some. None left over for collaborative programs with the other races.

I kidnap Vorlocke of various ages and preform extensive tests of their natural attitude towards Ataqalaas in various situations, to identify holes in the conditioning that needs fixing.
      Sszsszssoo...
      Sszsszssaaayysss...
      III...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
      • The Wizard Dragon
        • View Profile
      « Reply #206 on: August 10, 2012, 04:39:10 pm »

Changed the plan to reflect decisions of other players.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #207 on: August 11, 2012, 11:10:24 pm »

Waiting for what Kaian says about this
      In denial of sanity...

and insanity

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
      • (Exo)biologist student
        • View Profile
      « Reply #208 on: August 12, 2012, 03:00:36 am »

I find everything dwarf-level crazy and monstrously imbalanced.
      Follow the kel'nar, and do not rest until life ships are annihilated.

I'm not at home, note. I only have my phone.
      EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
      Sauron makes the precious.
      Gollum loves and hates the precious.
      Full Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
        • My Game
      « Reply #209 on: August 12, 2012, 08:16:46 am »

bye-bye, won't be able to post until Thursday 6:00 P.M. EST if I am lucky, may have to wait until Friday, cause: I am part of marching band, and I just want to say one last thing, I know that if the Life Ships were brought to the point of annihilation they would be allowed to go extinct, ergo just let the ones in the home system die and the out of system ones too, because really the Atquaalus won't care.
      Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29