Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46257 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #180 on: August 07, 2012, 05:04:46 pm »

I say we don't particularly need a map.

I'm feeling really uninspired and can't think of anything that needs doing this turn, so don't bother waiting for me.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 07, 2012, 05:48:39 pm »

Well, my attempts at a capitol ship look like a bulk freighter, so someone else should create an image of it.

It is under my opinion that we wait to launch the ships until we have a distraction.  It will have to be after the next turn, due to all technological personnel of all terrestrial races being used on the space-age technology.

I say we don't particularly need a map.

I'm feeling really uninspired and can't think of anything that needs doing this turn, so don't bother waiting for me.

So you approve of this plan, then?

The plan for all races on the planet (depending upon approval of other players)
>Construct a sealed underground facility staffed by all races.  The following shall be built there:
>>High powered laser weaponry.  Matalosh-class
>>Fighters armed with those, and a couple missiles.  Vorlask-Class
>>Capital Ship with heavy armor and basic shielding.  Guardian-Class
>>Construct three Guardian-Class capitol ships equipped with 100 Matalosh-Class lasers, one for each race and named after the being who created that race.
>>Construct 72 Vorlask-Class Fighters equipped with 2 Matalosh-Class lasers, 24 fighters for each capitol ship.
>>Each pilot will carry repellant reserves in his/her space suit along with breathable air.

Along with Kaian-a-Coel's Vorlask fighter design?

Front:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Side:

Rear:

Firing:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:20:23 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2012, 06:32:33 pm »

... Well, not really "approve", I'd like to take things slower, but since I don't have a better suggestion I guess I'll have to deal with it.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2012, 07:16:56 pm »

... Well, not really "approve", I'd like to take things slower, but since I don't have a better suggestion I guess I'll have to deal with it.

You do realize that your race gets the Guardian-Class ship named the "Slask" along with 24 Vorlask-class fighters and large boosts in technology, right?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #184 on: August 07, 2012, 08:41:11 pm »

Well here goes, in order to be saved the life ships are going to have to make god: http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/48114a2e6b39a

And with this we should be able to out tech you easily, also spread those plagues, find a work around to counter psi-immunity and exploit it, and finally stop anything from getting off the planet, and while I am at it drop a few asteroids on the planet.

Oh yeah release a new nano carrier this time have new radio keys broadcasted so they can reconfigure every hour to avoid repulsion
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:57:25 pm by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2012, 08:56:07 am »

The Rebirth

As the races recoverd from the plauge the Kel'nar made moves to form an alliance against the Life ships, who the salmass now called the Virish, the slaughterers. As the alliance began the construction of a fleet new hives, cities and fortresses were settled by the Vorglockie, Salmass and Kel'nar respectivly. Meanwhile the Life ships began to work on a project named by the mariners, The Life Forge.

The Kel'nar sent out diplomats suggesting alliance against the Life ships, they were met quite well by the Salmass and Vorglockie, who were quite eager to bring down the Life Ships. The races all sent scientists and diplomats, along with major leaders, to the new bunker built by the Kel'nar, and soon work began. The work ment that the Kel'nar had to share all of their secrets with the races, and soon lasers, fighters, suits and Capitol ships were being developed in the bunker. The Kel'nar meanwhile began to make much progress on a cure, being able to wipe out the plauge in its early stages of infection.

The Salmass were quite happy with the idea of revenge against the Virish, as they called them now. They sent many of their top minds to the bunker to work on the plans for the offencive. Meawhile the Salmass began to recolinise the cities of old, and now placed force shields, designs taken from the Kel'nar, over the cities to prevent damage from orbitol bombardment. This allowed the Salmass population to recover to what it had been when they first arrived on the planet. Work of the crops and livestock was made with swift progress, as the food supplies were recovered by 1026, and they were overflowing by 1035. At long last the Salmass showed signs of becoming the glorius civilisation of old.

The Vorglockei also set about recolinising, as new hives were settled, it became clear that the Vorglockie had handled the plauge better than the Salmass, as they made more hives, and their old hives were still quite strong. The Kel'nar were met with open arms and an alliance against the Life Ships was most welcome. A major advantage of this soon showed itself, as the technology from the Kel'nar was apprieciated highly and the Vorglockie set about adapting themselves one again. The organ at the back of the head allowed for many transplants from the technology, as computor systems allowed the Vorglockie to gain more memory, have a faster prossecing speed for thoughts, and generally improved the race, as the Ornalords were once again leading the race to glory.

The Life ships renewed their offencive against the planet, but Kel'nar technology kept them at bay as force fields stopped the asteroids from damaging the planet. The plauge however began to increase its destruction but once again the Technology of the Kel'nar saved the planet as the plauge began to die out, despite the best efforst to bypass the immunity, the plauge was unable to attack those with the repellant due to the fact that the Repellant protected the very organs which the Plauge targeted. The attempts at bypassing the psi-immunity of the Salmass proved fruitless, as it seemed some power far beyond the Life ships had engineered them far too well. The plauge being worked on with the life ships was put on a halt, and the life ships began a great project, after seven yearsof long work they managed to breed five ships that joined together to create a great ball of light and heat energy. The life ships formed into a vast ring around the ball, the life ships within this ring gained enourmus effects, they bred faster, the felt more energetic and were able to extend their watch evenfurther afield. The mariners soon began to call this the Life Forge as it pumped out life ships at an extrorinairy rate, and by the year 1040 a second rong was halfway complete.

The bunker work went well, as the prototype Matalosh lasers and Space suits were finished by 1032, and soon huge numbers of space suits and lasers were being designed. The first Vorlask fighter was built and tested using kel'nar technology by 1038, but by then a problem emerged as they began to run out of reasources, the new cities and Hives hadn't gotton back to gathering reasources, and the Kel'nar reasources werebeginning to run out, the capitol ships barely had their framework by now and the Kel'nar were desperately asking the Salmass and Vorglockei to step up on reasource gathering. By 1040 37 fighters had been built along with all the nessicairy lasers, but as they looked up into space the Salmass and Vorglockie began to feel they would need a bigger fleet than the one planned.

Maierish had come to her recently to see how her creations the Kel'nar had been going, and was quite happy to see them at the head of an alliance. The Life ships were growing in strength and she had requested another fleet to arrive in case thing got ugly, the surface races wereprepairing for an assualt against the life ships while the plauge was dying out, a storm was coming, and it would be interesting to see how it played out.

Kaian, that was a really good design for that fighter, if you don't mind could you draw up the Capitol ships? And the reasources available on the planet would be sufficent to make a much bigger fleet than the one you planned, also I'd like to note that the Salmass and Vorglockei estimates on the size of the Life ship fleet is about 370 ground pounders, 500 Frigates, a good few thousand fighters and about 800 stations, understand that these wont be the exact numbers of life ships but it would be a rough estimate, also your capitol ships would easily be able to take out a good few frigates with ease, but 500 is a bit much for them, also the Life ships aren't the greatest ships and rely mostly on good comunication and numbers to overwhelm a foe, so a larger fleet would be required to fight the life ships who are also reproducing rapidly.
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2012, 09:50:39 am »

Where are the life ships getting all these resources?  They would need resources to grow, but I see none that they could be using, so how are they creating more?  That is beside the fact that, in reality, organic ships could not happen, due to the fact that all of the water within would freeze due to the temperature of space, killing the ship.

I'll post my plan when those questions are answered.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2012, 10:04:28 am »

I suspect the Life Forge to be some kind of void-energy generator.

Also, with a good carapace and endothermic, freezing to death in space is avoidable.

And working on the capital ships! It will be spore-made, as blockade runner lite limit me to 32x32x32 meters.

Also, antimateer FTL cannons, novalite armor, void shields and this kinds of things. And transdimentionnal energy exploiter, why you ask?
wait... isn't that ataqalaa tech anyway?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2012, 10:07:35 am »

And before the Life Forge?

Oh, GM, what would happen if I shot the energy orb in the center of the ring with a large, high-powered laser?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:19:27 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2012, 10:28:12 am »

Oh, GM, what would happen if I shot the energy orb in the center of the ring with a large, high-powered laser?
BOOM I suppose. So that's what we're going with.
(this sounds more and more like generic sci-fi...)

also enjoy:
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2012, 10:35:08 am »

BOOM I suppose. So that's what we're going with.
(this sounds more and more like generic sci-fi...)

also enjoy:

I was more wondering how big of an explosion, and would it affect the planet.

Also, epic ship.

Edit: One thing that I think should be done is to moddify our fighters to do something like this, in conjunction with capitol ships, along with being able to go from ground to space under its own power in a relatively short amount of time.
It appears that when the ships are used in groups, one of the docking towers is used as a flagship of sorts, with two ships attached to it. In one instance, this "flagship" is situated in the center of a circular group of ships that concentrate their energy beams into the central ship, which then fires a devastating single beam capable of slicing other ships in two.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:11:20 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2012, 06:06:06 pm »

How do the life ships generate the energy, simple, they were made by the Ataqalaas, whose mastery of science allowed the life ships to use chemical reactions that are renewable to generate their energy EDIT, think solar power mixed with chemical reaction, also the ball is a gigantic energy source, but what it would do if its hit I'm not gonna tell you exactly, it may or may not hurt the planet immedietly, but it will cause a climate change and a massive heat wave, after all an explosion near the atmosphere would affect any planet, however the designers of the Life forge one would think, would know to protect this vunerable spot.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:19:42 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2012, 06:43:35 pm »

O.K. Play time is over children, send out more ships to create more forges and link them together with psionics and now begin the process of creating non organic technology with the mariners and the forges computational abilities, meanwhile use the ships to intercept anything coming off the planet until such time as I deem fit, a.k.a. when they become obsolete send half of them in in a massive reckless suicide attack, but only after they are obsoleted by non organic tech, cyborg another quarter and leave another quarter normal, more forges in more places, preferably out of system, and for the love of god drop the asteroids between the cities, so it becomes a wasteland. Yes I want more advanced tech please from the forges.

Before the forge they rob stars of Hydrogen, you should have read their description.

If possible do one last reconfigure on the nano, you and everything that has a degree of separation may be safe, but if they were set to rampage around leaving behind all sorts of toxins in the unprotected soil, your plants and animals would die, and you would have leave the shields to farm in the wasteland, because even if you mixed in repellent the toxins would still be there, you know salt, and other things like whatever is in botox, also you will lack fertile soil, goodbye.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 07:05:40 pm by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2012, 10:21:16 pm »

Hah! My plan with the interface organ worked! Speaking of that, I should also check up on the status on the other things started like martial traditions.

Now that there is native solutions to hight sped communication and computer interfaces, I can start to intoduce adaptations that build on top of that. Brain cortices to deal specifically with the sensory data they can't get from their own senses, but from external senors, or abaut programming or other things internal to computers. High self-image plasticity and ability to block out normal senses to become truly one with for example a vehicle or a remote controlled robot. Computer-medicated coordination to amplify psionics vastly in coherent arrays of many individuals. Full interfaces between online databases and memory retrial for matrix-style knowledge downloads/"everyone has all of wikipedia memorized" effect.

New caste: "pilot", lacking much physical fighting or research ability, but with highly parallel cognition, accelerated thining speed and reflexes, and in general suitable for controlling machines or computer systems in time critical situations.

(I just assumed the life ships were eating comets)

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 09, 2012, 03:13:40 am »

Just have the ataqalaas shot every life ship attempting to leave the star system. Request military fleet backup.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29