Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46190 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2012, 04:11:18 am »

Deal.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2012, 06:24:21 am »

again, please more people involved, and for those already involved, can I have the first steps, the reason for that is so that some interesting things can happen, it would take three turns at max for the whole evolution thing to happen, and I need more people involved
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:25:56 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2012, 09:39:34 am »

Caste system?
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2012, 06:19:52 pm »

Thanks, now I need people to decide on what they are going to do now, you can work on multiple projects but can you agree on a plan, and its first steps, again,thanks for getting involved SoHowAreYou
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2012, 05:57:51 am »

OK since no one else seems interested I'm just going to ask this, can those who are contributing please Post a plan for what to do, in his plan I need what race/races you will be using and what upgrades you want, the rest can come later, thi is just to speed things up
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2012, 06:34:12 am »

-Make my race as stated before. Use the Inspace to perfect experiments until goal is attained.

-Put 144 000 of them in small groups all over the world, preferably in lands empty of already sentient species. They must be adults with implanted knowledge.

-Let the two races compete for ten thousand years.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2012, 07:33:47 am »

I say we have several classes:

The Lowest the sub-sentient drones who are psionically  maluable may not be strictly for combat

Above that we should have the controller class who are fully sentient and almost our equals

Then us

Our introduction plan is to let them multiply and use our guides to influence their culture

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2012, 10:22:00 am »

I say we have several classes:

The Lowest the sub-sentient drones who are psionically  maluable may not be strictly for combat

Above that we should have the controller class who are fully sentient and almost our equals

Then us

Our introduction plan is to let them multiply and use our guides to influence their culture
-Make my race as stated before. Use the Inspace to perfect experiments until goal is attained.

-Put 144 000 of them in small groups all over the world, preferably in lands empty of already sentient species. They must be adults with implanted knowledge.

-Let the two races compete for ten thousand years.
Both of this, preferably in competition with Armok's race so we can see **theme music** WHO!!! IS!!! DEADLIEST!!!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2012, 10:45:27 am »

The idea behind my caste system is if one of the two rebel we can get rid of them.

If the drones rebel we kill the mid controller and pretend all along we were on their side, then we work on the solution to the drones.

If the controllers rebel give the drones free-will. At worst 3-way war. At best we will be worshiped by the drones.

The drones should be muscular, heavily armored in scales, psionically and cybernetically malleable, and sub-sentient. Maybe 300-400 pounds. Have redundant organ and nervous systems. They should be capable of limited sub-sentient decision making based on their psionic imprints.

The controllers one the other hand are fully sentient and their should be several types also malleable too:

The knowledgeable scientist. Like humans brains should be the main organ, they also should imprint the drones. They can be weaker but still have redundant organ systems. Mammalian scientist. 150-200 pounds

The combat leaders and psionic users: Armored and cybernetically malleable. 200-300 pounds. Say it with me now redundant organ systems.

Finally the domestic leaders who control drones in the back-lines redundant organ system mammals 150-200 pounds. Administrators.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2012, 11:12:24 am »

I dislike the caste system. Why? easy. We want a warrior caste. Nothing more. And I think it's better to try to prevent rebellion in the first place than to prepare how to deal with it when it happen.

How to deal with the rebellion problem? You're saying "if it happen we'll do this or that". It will not happen. That's how we should work.

I am trying, and armok as well, to make the Protector biologically unable to rebel. This is the way. (methinks)

Strong people tend to solve all their problem with force. And inevitably they find someone stronger and get killed. Same with psionics. At some point their only solution will find itself useless and they die.

Cleverness is the way. Celverness is not the solution, it is finding solutions. That's why it's efficient against everything. The only way to get truly beaten is when you don't find solution quick enough. Either because you got crushed too fast or because the ennemy is finding solutions quicker than you.

Caste system is a cage. we want no frontier to our warriors' way. Only a goal: protect.

I'm fine with having a three-or-more species contest.
Full Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2012, 11:19:48 am »

The caste system is more of a way to maintain some autonomy on both sides.

Making a dedicated warrior race is great for if we want to hand hold but if we want to have a race which doesn't really bother us, which is the impression I got they need to be independent, because if we did want to hand hold build drones or if we want them to be autonomous just create combat von Neumanns.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2012, 11:31:43 am »

no need for castes. Is there castes for humans? castes in the zerg sense? No. Did it prevented us to be independent? no.

Caste system WILL become obsolet when we'll recruit them. We probably have automated everything and all they'll have to do is to fight.
Full Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2012, 11:33:47 am »

We will test your hypotheses in mortal  combat.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2012, 12:23:50 pm »

So be it.

*take stance of the three dragons*

:P
Full Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2012, 12:35:09 pm »

So be it.

*take stance of the three space carp*

:P
Fixed it for you
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29