Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46186 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2012, 03:28:46 pm »

games that use dice like this tend to just frustrate players and just lead to the games demise. It's much better to base success on say how much you like the ideas or how likely you think the strategy would be to actually succeed.

I can't help but agree with Armok there. Use dice only if you really don't know any better, and if you do use them, never tell us.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2012, 04:03:11 pm »

And we two are the only active players. So, yea.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2012, 06:51:52 pm »

look guys I waskinda really upset with something that had happened last ngiht when I wrote it up so I wasn't thinking straight, and I am geussing that for your actions youll just want to try to explain to them what you really wanted, in any case I, for some odd reason, thought that most people wanted dice rolls so what you guys just said takes a huge weight ofmy shoulders in a maner of speaking, I'll post those long story posts again, but don't excpect them to be as long as the first long story, those were really long and I'm only gonna write that big when something reallly imortant happens
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2012, 07:00:06 pm »

I assumed from those long stories that this was the kind of game where each real turn took like a week and were about that big and lots of things happened, hence why I made a huge list of stuff to do simultaneously. Many shorter posts works just as well/even better thou, although I may end up being boring and just spreading out those already stated actions over many turns.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2012, 07:44:06 pm »

The reason only two people will ever play this is because each of you made a race and wants to guide the one you made. Nobody is going to get get in the way of that so don't ever expect anybody except you three to post in this thread after I point this out. I'm not saying it won't happen, I am saying it is not likely.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2012, 07:49:17 pm »

I'm still open to more race suggestions and people can try to guide anothers race, heck Armok could suggest stuff for the Slamass if he wanted to, in any case a turn would take place over a few years now, and you can still make those huge lists, I was gonna make my next post you guys fixing things up and doing what you had wanted to do before, the post will have less detail is what i was saying
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2012, 07:54:45 pm »

While those two are down there on the planet creating ground warrior races some idiot up in the ship had a vision.
Opensource to the rescue or at least make these. Should be easier with psionics

http://www.orionsarm.com/xcms.php?r=oaeg-view-article&egart_uid=460db67bc3884

So while I'm working with the ships for war Armok and Kain can duke it out

Or at least procede with the procurement of water bears (hint the most badass multicellular creatures on earth, complete with the ability to survive in space for ten days)

Heavy shells to absorb radiation and convert it. Have them scoop fusionables from suns and fuse them to create elements and then compounds and energy.

Ships produce through budding. Psionic FTL and telekinetic space and air flight.

Whoever's race wins gets though most kick-ass ships in existence.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:32:01 pm by SoHowAreYou »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2012, 04:25:51 am »

As I see things right now, we could make an analogy/metaphor with rocket launching toward the moon. I built the launching pad, armok and I designed the rockets and launched them, and now someone have to steer them. Until someone else take the pilot seat, the rockets are more or less on autopilot with minor corrections from the ground.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2012, 06:44:08 am »

Year 600
Slask and Alerish went through their races, teaching them the ways that they had wanted them to learn before. The Salmass were the first to learn, the ways of kin were taught to the Salmass, and the berserkers remained, but they were much more self protective, it is an honor to die for ones kin, but the longer you live, the more you can serve, and so the selfless Salmass would fight hopless battles, but oly when no other option showed itself, and so the Salmass population slowly recoverd. The Salmass als finally realised their dreams, and this led to the creation of the Dreamer caste, who would be the experts at interpreting the dreams sent by Alerish, these dreamers led the Salmass to a sudden technological revolution, things lke metalworking, farming, quarrying, lumbering, all led to a period of Salmass dominance, religion slowly died and Alerish was recognised not as a God, but as a guider who must have some kind of mortal form, clans grew in size, from tree towns, to tree villages and in some cases, tree cities, the Salmass population boomed, they charged into combat wielding metal spears, axes and even metal swords, their homes were nearly unassailable and they farmed up many creatures, using some for battle, giant beasts were goaded into combat, they dominated warfare. The Vorglockie fared worse off, better than before, but still worse off. The arena challanges showed even further to them that Slask was the true god who must be worshipped, and there was much competition between hives for dominance in the arena, and in efforts to get better tech in image of that which they used in the arena, an arms race began and the Vorglockie developed metal working and superior bows. Wings amongst the soilders became common, and the scouts began to take over the role of basic soilder, making the Vorglockie armies much larger, the queens shrunk in size, and the hives went from millions to tens of thousands, the idea of multple princes however, failed as the princes refused to cooperate with other princes for hive dominace, but when hives joined they kept most of theri independance, simply working together for a common goal, so in a simgle non meta hive, only one prince reigned supreme. The prince guard and queen guard also kept their independance, refusing to lessen their roles but the power of the ornalords did increase as their advice began to be far more listened to, psionics became a ar more common sight and soon all queen and prince guard wielded psionic abilities and it even was shown in some warriors, the creation of smaller hives and meta hives led to smaller territories which led to a population growth as well, however the larvae wars and the increadable desire to protect ones larvae crippled the Vorglockie's unity thus lessening the number of meta hives and, as the need to defend ones larvae grew, many reasources and soilders were lost trying to defend and take larvae which further resulted in the rising dominance of the Salmass, and the population did rise, but not as much as one would expect. By this year the Salmass dominance had skyrocketed and they owned 63% of the planet, the Vorglockie were quickly becoming the underdogs in this war. Meanwhile, in space, two special events happened, the first Life Ships were born, massive creations with thick armour, increadable psionics and powerful energy cannons, they grew in number quite rapidly and soon there were at least twelve thousand Life Ships in orbit above the planet. Meanwhile multiple lesser races began to pass the planet, many stopping to try and view the planet, however the Life Ships stopped them, but soon a race of bipeds, arrived above orbit, they were sent skyrocketting towards the planet and soon about twleve hundred were on the surface. And so the war continues.

Slask was begining to confuse Shaleskia, he was setting his own race against itself, and while the hierach was impressed with the induviduals fighting style, the races disunity was allowing the Salmass to dominate the planet, still shaking her head she began to think about the Life ships, they had proven their worht as no interearence was shown and so the Ataqalaas could not be blamed for the destruction of so many ships, however a human ship had fallen from orbit, she tried t remember what she new about human techonogy, they were a primitive race, relying on other spieceies to transport themselves around the galaxy and they still relied on progectile weaponry, but a ship this far from the human sectors was strange, earth was at least fifteen hundred light years away from here, thinking on this Shaleskia went back over the broadcast the shi[p had made when falling from space.

PZZZZT... This is commander ZZZT... of the earth space army ZZZZZZT... missed our jump, stupid ZZZT... no idea of where we are and under attack by unknown hostiles, PZZZT... we're crash landing PZZZZT HOLD ON EVERYONE!... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

You shake your head sadly, these humans were a military expidition, they could threaten the project, however they were on limited reasources, in unknown territory and only twelve hundred were no threat to the races, the entire Salmass race was about seven hundred million strong and the Vorglockie were about five hundred million strong, the humands were no threat, and the wildlife alone would be enough to sevearly damage them, still.

Spoiler: Galyiam Cargo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bio Vats (click to show/hide)

(There was no dice rolling involved just what I thouught should happen.)
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2012, 07:02:39 am »

I am sceptical about the living ships, but repelling ships coming to the planet is good. By the way, who care about being held responsible for ships destruction. warn them before, but no interference is tolerated.

For the humans, do nothing. Watch carefuly to prevent long-term threats, but let the locals deal with them. It should be a good trial. Maybe they'll even get hold on some human tech...
Full Sig

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2012, 07:19:41 am »

Gonna type up more detailes on the area they landed

Posting tomorrow my dds making me go to bed now, so tomorrow
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:25:18 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2012, 09:38:00 am »

These humans are ... interesting. Recover some of their DNA

The living ships are another attempt to avoid having to dedicate industry too your races. Essentially all that we need to do is make them grow to specifications and teach your races how to grow them. Also we should have a fail safe in case for some reason any of us get in trouble.

Also in addition to DNA see if we can recover human bodies and maybe send them home because really we don't want this:

http://www.baenebooks.com/chapters/0743471741/0743471741___1.htm

Also what are dds out of curiosity. Also I have been trying to figure out which country your in because your timezone is about 11 hours behind mine

Also Kaian what is wrong with my living ships? We have a political ghost fleet.

Also create a fighter breed that our much smaller powerful but faster and more maneuverable and able to survive in the atmosphere without using psionics. If these go well attack the humans with them if they aren't gone.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:54:30 am by SoHowAreYou »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2012, 12:16:34 pm »

they can't go. I say do not attack them unless they cause BIG damage. in like irreparable damage. let the young races train themselves on something bigger.
Full Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2012, 12:20:15 pm »

Was that supposed to be talking about our fleet of invisible ships?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2012, 12:29:26 pm »

Lol no, I said hold the living fleet. Let the Salmass/Vorglokies take care of the humans.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29