Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46211 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #300 on: September 10, 2012, 09:27:15 am »

Um, guys? This game has *frigging psionics*! It NEVER had even the slightest pretence of realism or logic to begin with.

Also, have you considered that maybe the GM is giving you any tech you're asking for because in the end, whatever race gets selected gets Ataqalaa tech millennia beyond anything that could be achieved in game anyway?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Kaiserr

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 10, 2012, 05:49:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry.
I had to.
Wait, you type with your feet? That's badass.
DF: Beat people to death with their own appendages!

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 21, 2012, 04:18:20 am »

Sorry guys, I had a bucketload of Homework over the last two weeks, and now there is tons to catch up on, and I hope what happened wont happen again for a while, I lost a character in a game :'(
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 06:24:35 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 23, 2012, 06:33:02 pm »

(Whew that took a long time, but its here, and I hope you  guys are still with me)

These two decades saw the escalation of conflicts already in motion. The Alliance continued to battle Hintred as he came back whilst Vistig saw more of the conflict as the Mariners landed on the planet and raced the Alliance to capture the weapons before the Alliance could destroy them. A new race arrived from the stars who proved to be, at the moment, peaceful colonists. And these new colonists found themselves thrust in the middle of a conflict where they seemed as though they must take a side.

The Alliance found itself battling Hintred once again as he led his followers out into the conflict against the Alliance. The Alliance attempted to place a non-passable force shield around Hintred’s hive, which was easy to manage since the first force shields they had constructed were non passable prototypes. However Hintred seemed to have known about this for, just as the Alliance was putting the shield in place, he attacked. He easily defeated the unprepared Alliance besiegers before defeating a much larger Alliance force in a massive and extremely bloody battle. This victory led many of the Vorglockie hives to join Hintred and so by 1146 Hintred’s empire was back to full strength, and then by 1148 through another series of battles he expanded it to all Vorglockie. However despite his early successes against the Alliance he soon found himself thrown back by enhanced Alliance technology which proved to be a match to his own, and from 1148 to 1154 he found himself in a stalemate. Then the Alliance began to fight with renewed vigour, as they pushed him off his conquests of non Vorglockie land, liberated a Karlask hive he had captured, and then liberated hive Bilrkrish along with a few others. Hintred just could not find either a counter or the source of this zealotry. Then in 1158 a truce was called to end in five years, during this truce Hintred gathered, and then put forward a full peace treaty with these terms.

1. Hintred is to have full control over all Vorglockie
2. Hintred’s empire is to be recognised as the official Vorglockie nation
3. Hintred’s empire will join the Alliance
4. Hintred will remove all claim on any lands not currently controlled by Vorglockie
5. Hintred will agree to minor reparations
6. Hintred will share all his weapon and ship designs with the Alliance

The Alliance found itself hard pressed both at home and on its colony. As they prepared to block Hintred’s hive off, he launched his attack and the Alliance found itself at disarray and during this time Hintred brought almost all of his former empire back under his rule, before expanding it to all Vorglockie. Then however the new wave of Alliance technology swept out, guardians were armoured head to toe with a multitude of weapons all over them, Salmass strode forward in flying battlesuits and the Karlask strode about with blue spark weaponry. However despite having equal, and in some cases, better technology, the Alliance found that Hintred was able to predict their every move, defending imminent attacks, and striking at their weak points. And so they were forced into stalemate, and the Alliance members began throwing accusations of treachery at one another. The first blamed were the Karlask, due to their alikeness with the Vorglockie, however the Karlask quickly pointed out that they were ancient enemies with the Vorglockie, and that Hintred wanted them to be slaves, so the blame then went to the Kel’nar, who were no natural enemies with the Vorglockie. But the Kel’nar pointed out that they formed the alliance and would have little to gain through betrayal. And so the accusations continued until the year 1154. It was in this year that the gods chose to reveal themselves. Appearing in great white beams of light the Ataqalaa showed themselves to their Salmass and Kel’nar servants who knelt before their gods. The Ataqalaa told their creations of their purpose, that all these wars were merely trials to decide who was worthy of protecting the Universe once the Ataqalaa were gone. With this knowledge the Salmass and Kel’nar warriors became nightmares in battle, slaughtering their foes with absolute Zealotry. And even though Hintred still seemed able to predict their movements, he was unable to gather enough forces to counter the threats. When the truce and then the Peace proposals were sent up, the Alliance was divided on whether or not to agree, after all Hintred was a dangerous character who could quite easily backstab them, however with the Life ships enroaching on their worlds and the new threat having arrived, perhaps a temporary peace would be a good thing for now.

On Vistig the Mariners launched their attack. The attack opened up with two Omega class ships opening up with Anti matter in the year 1141. The Alliance defenders opened fire on them whilst the Mariners came down to land on the surface. Then the Alliance began destroying their technology, placing bombs and blowing them up, this made the Mariner ground forces call off the anti matter assaults whilst they raced to capture the technology before the Alliance could destroy it. Whilst this was happening a pair of Life ships and one omega ship intercepted the large ship to find out if it was hostile or not, much to their relief, the ship actually turned out to be full of colonists, and so the Mariners were able to learn about, who were a race known as the Hamriel, a race of worm like creatures who had two types of worms, the neural ones who did the thinking, and the kinetic worms, who did the actions. The Mariners were also able to talk the crew into waiting for their assault on the planet to end. The assault was able to, meanwhile, capture many pieces of Alliance technology, shields, lasers and cannons among them. Then as the Mariners prepared to destroy or capture the last of the Alliance, the Alliance ship, the Ark, took off. The ship was able to easily breach the Life Ship blockade which had by now been focussed on external threats rather than internal, so the ship was able to escape into warp jump.

The Life ships then scoured the planet for any technology that remained, before destroying the entire colony, and then settling the Hamriel on the world. The captured enemies are transported back to the moon from which they are integrated into the society, however this isn’t exactly efficient as the former colonists weren’t exactly happy with their colony being destroyed and often show open hostility to the Mariners, who show the same such hostility back, resulting in a standoff between Mariner solders and the Former Colonists. The Mariners meanwhile work on upgrading their armies, as the solders receive augmentation after augmentation, and by the end of the year 1156 each mariner solder was equipped with a small personnel shield, a powerful antimatter launcher, a small work laser, along with a larger version for battle, and much enhanced strength among many other things. These improvements were hard to achieve thanks to the desire for an as low as possible mortality rate, but they were accomplishable, and with the Mind it became even easier.

The Mariners also began work on, the Mind, a large super computer that they built from the Moon. Using a multitude of technologies that they kept secret from the public, they slowly turned the Moon Hort into a super computer, they then set up a competition to find the most loyal and intelligent Mariners, they were not told what the reward would be. The winner, a mariner named Mindros, subsequently had his mind wiped of all his personnel history, all of his identity, and all emotions all of this was replaced by unswerving loyalty and complete knowledge of all Mariner knowledge, minus the parts about his old identity. This new, Mind, quickly became the dominant force of Mariner society, it expanded on the idea of Mechanical perfection, creating more Omega Ships, and its intelligence allowed it to enhance the process of enhanced Mariner combat troops. Now the mind must deal with two problems, what to do with those colonists who seem to be more lost than usual, and what should be done in terms of the alliance, all seems ready to attack the alliance home world, but the scouts have picked up something more.

The Ark after taking off, headed straight for earth, however the ship didn’t have enough fuel and so came out of warp right in the void between systems. As the crew lost heart a single ship was spotted, it was sleek, elegant, rather pointed, and at the same time looked like it could take a pounding. As they were about to try and hail the ship another one appeared and another, until a whole fleet emerged and they seemed to have noticed the ship as they were heading towards it. Then they opened fire, a massive amount of firepower overwhelmed the shields of the Ark and tore great chunks out of the ship. Then came the boarding, and the battle was a quick affair, with the Ark’s crew being slaughtered. The aliens, then reversed the warp flight of the ship, and in 1160 the entire fleet arrived in the system.

Spoiler: Kel'nar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salmass (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vorglockie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Life ships (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Karlask (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:15:44 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #304 on: September 23, 2012, 07:55:58 pm »

Colonist problem: Issue an ultimatum, you can have complete autonomy on a section that will be negotiated, we will help you build this area and we will only demand that you not try to kill us.

Worm problem: say they are free to do as they please, give them the water world unconditionally, offer those who want to join us citizenship, and leave them alone.

New fleet suddenly appearing problem, give the worms protection to a point, not low, but not excessively high, but do warn them of the fleet, and also if the new fleet heads towards the homeworld do not intervene.

Alliance problem: Say we're sorry for all the problems we caused in the past and that we will happily except a treaty negotiation not surrender, on neutral ground, maybe at the new arrivals place, and have them act as mediators. of course increase scouting, and if they reject the proposal, have the mind decide whether or not we could get a victory out of the situation, if so go for it, if it is nebulous secure more information, and if not just don't bother to attack

Finally for the future, have mind increase tech, and send out more probes to convert other bodies, moons, planets, stars into more computers for him to think with.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 08:03:11 pm by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2012, 04:55:25 pm »

The delay, I have no problem with. The lack of feedback and consensus I have BIG problems with. The Vorlocke were not supposed to know about the Ataqalaa yet, and certainly even when the time was right the first impression was supposed to be done very carefully. Now pretty much all my plans are ruined.

**** this. I construct a habitat/training facility protected and cloaked way out in the Oort cloud, and bring some hundred million selected vorlocke, including hintred, (taking entire hives, to preserve structure) there so that I can at least not have to worry about my plans geting further disrupted from sources outside my control.

If Hintreds capabilities seem to have even a partial hereditary factor, I make about 5 000 000 half-clones of him (starting as eggs and raised normally in the habitat, obviously)

I'll be holding tournaments once a decade or so to give new hives the chance to join the chosen ones and get some cultural diversty, but otherwise prety much abandon the planetbound population.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2012, 05:26:50 pm »

Now pretty much all my plans are ruined.

**** this. I construct a habitat/training facility protected and cloaked way out in the Oort cloud, and bring some hundred million selected vorlocke, including hintred, (taking entire hives, to preserve structure) there so that I can at least not have to worry about my plans geting further disrupted from sources outside my control.

The best laid plans of Mice and Men often go awry

Dude a new fleet just showed up in the middle of the system, your plan for transporting a hundred million people will probably get most of them killed, even if I don't thrown in a wrench, and saying screw the alliance right now would not be a wise choice.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 24, 2012, 06:09:19 pm »

Umm, "I" still refers to the Ataqalaa. You keep forgetting we are not playing as the candidate races, and that we can toy with them pretty much arbitrarily due to the tech level difference.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 24, 2012, 06:11:01 pm »

Armok, your race doesn't know about the Ataqalaas yet, I made that clear in my post
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #309 on: September 24, 2012, 06:50:22 pm »

When I say I, I do refer to the Atquaalas, as in I, the creator will throw a wrench into your races serenity so they have to adapt, my guys gain experience, and in the long term one problem is solved, that has been what I have been doing this whole time, forcing the races to adapt.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 25, 2012, 09:07:32 am »

Zanzetkuken?
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 25, 2012, 12:15:03 pm »

Zanzetkuken?

Sorry for the delay.

Actions
>Begin negotiations with life-ships once the outside force is discovered.
>Agree to Hintred's agreement, but with the following changes.
1. Hintred is to have full control over the Vorglockie that decide to join him.
2. Hintred’s empire is to be recognised as the official Vorglockie nation.
3. Hintred’s empire will join the Alliance.
4. Hintred will remove all claim on any lands not currently controlled by Vorglockie.
5. Hintred will agree to minor reparations.
6. Hintred will share all his weapon and ship designs with the Alliance.
7. The morph into machines will not be required by those below Hintred.  The Vorglockie have a choice.
8. The Karlask are to no longer be persecuted.
9. Those who do not wish to join Hintred's hive are allowed to create their own nation.
>Have the colonists accept this.
Issue an ultimatum, you can have complete autonomy on a section that will be negotiated, we will help you build this area and we will only demand that you not try to kill us.
>Perform an effort to identify the incoming enemies.
>Create a non-aggression pact with the Hamriel.
>Develop technology.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 25, 2012, 04:49:46 pm »

* Armok facepalms

There is no possible way they could not find it out second hand, somehting that important would be all over everything. And there's a very important difference between throwing a wrench into the plans of the Vorlocke leadership to teach them a lesson, and throwing wrenches into my plans for teaching them lessons.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #313 on: September 25, 2012, 05:08:27 pm »

Armok quit complaining and smile and nod, your plan can continue.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 25, 2012, 06:53:14 pm »

Deny reminds armok that Vorglockie do not speak same language as the rest, and that Ataqalaas reign supreme in terms of their technology

And then quotes this
Um, guys? This game has *frigging psionics*! It NEVER had even the slightest pretence of realism or logic to begin with.
In denial of sanity...

and insanity
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29