Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Reaver American Unity Empire: A LP of Darkest Hour: Fallout Mod  (Read 10595 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Reaver American Unity Empire: A LP of Darkest Hour: Fallout Mod
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 09:39:29 pm »

I can think of two reasons to continue. The first one is that the Jihad and Dictatorship of Man still exist even if you are more powerful.

The second, and far more important one is that you have not killed the Spiders. Dude, why. Spiders. Spiders. BURN THEM!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 11:42:02 pm »

I take it somebody has some sort of phobia against spiders...  ;D

I'll think about it, only because killing the spiders would probably only take about half an hour.

And do people really want to see me beat down the Chosen One?

...Actually, now that I think about all that "Chosen One is so awesome" crap, I'm wanting to see me beat down the Chosen One.   :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012, 11:46:41 pm »

I don't have a phobia of spiders. I have a phobia of bees. I have a burning pathological hatred of spiders. They must be purged in fire for the good of humanity.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 12:41:39 pm »

You know, erradicating the Spiders might be a tad harder than I thought...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone have tips on defeating large numbers of inferior troops?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012, 12:53:32 pm »

I told you bro. I told you about those spiders.
No Gods, No Masters.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2012, 02:15:51 pm »

On the bright side, I've seen them in stacks of 26.  The highest unit limit without HQ boosting is 18.  Assuming the AI sucks at using HQs, the Spiders are seriously overstacked.  I also know their officers are lousy, and considering they've only fought one war, I doubt they've improved much (unlike my Reaver Commanders, who've fought so much that even the lowest has gotten respectable).

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012, 04:15:27 pm »

Ah, but one has unlimited unit count in defense. They don't have to attack, just sit there and grind your attacks into dust.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 04:21:30 pm »

Ah, but one has unlimited unit count in defense. They don't have to attack, just sit there and grind your attacks into dust.

They have 0 aircraft. We have bomber Zeppelins. Unless they have anti-aircraft defences, we should be able to bomb them back into the stone age.

Well, further back.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2012, 05:16:46 pm »

They have 0 aircraft. We have one bomber Zeppelins. Unless they have anti-aircraft defences, we should be able to bomb them back into the stone age.

Well, further back.

Fixed that for you.  But it's a nice plan, regardless.  I actually forgot to use my Bomber Zeppelin when subjugating the Mutants and Huns, so it'll be nice to use it.

Oh, and unit count isn't unlimited on defense, it's just that the top limit is removed: If the computer was stupid enough to assign too many troops to single officers, we've still got an advantage!  And I assure you, the AI is that stupid, especially when it is short of officers like in the Spider's case.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2012, 05:20:55 pm »

And you'll be watching you Zeppelins go to hell.

Best tactic as of now is to build a few air bases, give up a province, then use it as a grinding machine for your bombers to destroy into oblivion - don't take the province, obviously.

Air power against large stacks is suicidal, especially because low quality battalions tend to have the same AA value as higher quality ones. You need to keep them on the retreat or in small enough groups for your airpower to do its magic. And I mean magic - just watch as they rip shit apart to hell...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2012, 05:24:49 pm »

Thankfully, default spiders have no AA capacity.   :P

And I've discovered that the Spiders are indeed overstacked.  Their civilization lacks officers both in quality, rank, and quantity.
Pages: 1 2 [3]