Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: The HARDCORE RTD II: Turn 12 (Join Fast Any Time) 24 Deaths and counting!  (Read 22553 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

...the preceding roll will be a -1. If it is a 1 or lower, then bad consequences will happen.
Are you sure you don't mean following roll? Or does this just depend on what their last roll was?

After tasting a piece of the strange rabbit creature, Glorp feels inclined to kill things. He rains acid globs from the sky like a drive-by shooting. (Rolls to hit each mortal, but they have +1 to dodge.)
One action per immortal, sorry. After that you are simply too fed up with the mortal realm to care. You can make a new character and have another go at it though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile

Name: Joshua
Skill: Swordplay
Item: Steel sword.

The nearest foe I shall crit-swing, displaying the power my sword brings.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Name: BonnieClyde
Bio: After their deaths, Bonnie and Clyde were buried in seperate graves, in seperate Cemetaries. Over thirty years later, Richard Nixon ordered the bodies exhumed and resurrected, for use as a weapon against the Red Menace. However, something went wrong, and their bodies were combined. From Bonnie and Clyde there is now only BonnieClyde, an undead monstrosity campaigning to give rights to their fellow abominations.
Item: Revolver
First Action: BonnieClyde first lumbered into the savannah, turning its undead gaze upon its fellow contestants. It opens its gaping maw, and with a cheerful southern accent, it baked apple pie for any who want it, yo.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: BonnieClyde
Bio: After their deaths, Bonnie and Clyde were buried in seperate graves, in seperate Cemetaries. Over thirty years later, Richard Nixon ordered the bodies exhumed and resurrected, for use as a weapon against the Red Menace. However, something went wrong, and their bodies were combined. From Bonnie and Clyde there is now only BonnieClyde, an undead monstrosity campaigning to give rights to their fellow abominations.
Item: Revolver
First Action: BonnieClyde first lumbered into the savannah, turning its undead gaze upon its fellow contestants. It opens its gaping maw, and with a cheerful southern accent, it baked apple pie for any who want it, yo.
I was wondering when I'd get an 'actually two guys' character.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

BonnieClyde is not two guys. It's a guy and a chick. HARUMPH!

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile

One action per immortal, sorry. After that you are simply too fed up with the mortal realm to care. You can make a new character and have another go at it though.
((Oh, I had thought you mean one action per round. Oh well, I was kind of running low on ideas for a cube god.))

Would this be allowable for a character?
-A NAME: The Greyblade
-A GENDER: n/a
-ONE SKILL: Manipulating mortal minds (makes actions as wielder after their normal action)
-ONE ITEM: n/a
-A BACKGROUND: A strange magical sword with a pommel shaped like an eyeball. You know you want to pick it up...
-Your FIRST ACTION: Attract a wielder who wishes to CUT some MOTHAFUKAS
Soaplent green is goblins!

Scottsman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

But with no faces
how can I scream?
I grow some new faces
out of a really weird dream.

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-A NAME: Starfox
-A GENDER: Male
-ONE SKILL: Flying things.
-ONE ITEM: Space Jet.
-A BACKGROUND: Starfox destroyed all his opponents in the N64 console system, and now, after a decade of silence has come back to vanquish new foes.
-Your FIRST ACTION: Shoot first, ask questions later.
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

...the preceding roll will be a -1. If it is a 1 or lower, then bad consequences will happen.
Are you sure you don't mean following roll? Or does this just depend on what their last roll was?
((I sometimes mess up on preceding and proceeding.

The latter is what I meant.))

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hans Handerson
-Female
-Acrobatics is her skill
-acrobatic bar
-Hans Handerson was an acrobat in the Hugo Hugon's Travelling Circus. She was well know as the daring athlete who could jump over half a metre gaps reasonably high off the ground, using only her legs and a harness as well as walking along a metre wide plank suspended on two wobbly milk crate.
-Your FIRST ACTION.
Dance dance, In parachute pants,
Like MC Hammer, they can't touch this.

Scottsman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Don't die on me thread!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Speaking of which, I still can't figure out my mandate. Something about groupies taking hits for you or aiding rolls? Something about bonuses for breaking into song?

Maybe even something devious, like the turns required to ascend increase to 5...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spectr

• Bay Watcher
  • Watching Bays
    • View Profile

-A NAME. Ted
-A GENDER. Male
-ONE SKILL. Banning
-ONE ITEM. Banhammer
-A BACKGROUND. Ted has been the moderator for Neopets all his life, however after his ISP blocked his internet access he decided  to go on a trip.
-Your FIRST ACTION. With hammer in hand; Ted attacks a man; Saying "you sir, are banned!"
Word

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 7

Flintus10 and of course IronyOwl still have unused God actions. Anyway, y'know what's funny, I think this is as far in turns as the last Hardcore RTD got, even though it's a couple pages shorter. Anyway, you guys should feel free to come up with some more creative actions than "I hit someone". You're welcome to make an agenda for yourself. And, if you're wondering IronyOwl, it is indeed acceptable to fuck with the ascension rules. For example in the last game it got bumped up to four turns to ascend, but with a bonus of one turn's worth for killing player characters. Setting changes, even large ones, are an option too. No matter who you are or what you're doing: Be creative!

anailater - Johnny Momma: Welcome to the savanna! In celebration of your arrival, you promptly whip out your piece and SHOOT A RANDOM DUDE. (5) You aim for some kind of giant rabbit (as a child you had a pathological fear of rabbits) but it ducks wildly and it looks like your shot hit some random dude instead. Which is a pity, because it looked like he was trying to kill the rabbit too. Not that you feel remorse or anything.

BunnyBob77 - BunnyBob: Now that you're a cult leader, it's time to take divine matters into your hands. Your first action, you tell your congregation, will be to destroy to horrid slime that comes from above! (6) You direct your cult in a nonsense ritual, allegedly to destroy the evil slime. First you tell them to draw five pentagrams on the ground in blood, just to stall for time. Unfortunately they complete this task far quicker than you anticipated, so you write a bunch of nonsense all down on a paper -taking care to be sure that it's unpronounceable- and tell them to chat it in unison. While they're rehearsing, you see a man point a gun at you! (4) You duck out of the way just before he fires! Before you can recover from the commotion, you are horrified to hear, chanted in unison by assorted members of the animal kingdom, all of the eldritch, vowel-free nonsense you wrote down earlier. You begin to rise into the sky (much to your surprise, you thought you were a sham). You are become BunnyBob, Maker of Truth from Lies.

Remalle - Gimli, Son of Groin: In your brief time in the field, you've noticed a lot of strange things- people around are accomplishing amazing tasks, and then disappearing. There is something about this place, you think. After some accomplishments of your own, you're starting to feel it. Tingly, almost. And distant, like you're watching from somewhere else. You know what's happening: These people are becoming gods. (4) You realize you are, and were always meant to be Gimli, Son of Groin, Saint of Dwarven Heritage. Something is doing this, you think in your last mortal moments. Something, your dwarven senses tell you, and it's... but wait, now you're a god. You have more important matters to attend.

Nicholas 1024 - Joshua: Without context, you draw your sword! You wildly charge upon a rabbit-looking sort of fellow in a challenge of strength (1+1) but you swing the sword past him and STAB YOURSELF IN THE LEG. Suddenly, someone SHOOTS YOU. Cursing you the unfair combination of dice rolls and coin flips that led you here, you almost die... but not quite. To add insult to injury, some animals have been drawing pentagrams in your blood. You gather yourself and pick up your sword.

Spinal_Taper - BonnieClyde: You, a hideous two-faced freak of science, sit at a little wooden stand with hot, fresh apple pie. "Freeeeeesh apple pie! Apple pie, anyone?" You're sure that your apple pie stand will be a great icebreaker to talk to citizens about undead mutant rights. However, time ticks on, and nobody shows. Your apple pies are still resting on the stand, in the sun. You touch one to see if it's still hot. (1) If anything, they've been getting hotter. Your right hand (the Clyde one) is HORRIBLY BURNED and you get a -1 to your next roll. It's a sad day for mutant pride.

EveryZig - Greyblade: (5+1) A person picks you up with no suspicion. You will succeed in making an action through this person next turn. Details regarding your circumstances remain undisclosed.

Scottsman - WarglGarbl: (4) Per normal operation of your bizarre physiology, you grow some more faces, among the many limbs, tentacles and other appendages that are continually fading into existence, then losing coherence and becoming something else. So basically, business as usual. Then you get hit with LASERS FROM THE SKY, sustaining further damage to your amorphous self. Fortunately you haven't got vital organs (well, okay, he did get ONE brain...), but you spit out some useless burnt matter. You've barely got enough appendages to keep track of all of your tax forms!

DinosaurusRex_x - Starfox: You are currently piloting your Arwing over an unexplored planet. There's a lot of questions that could could ask, but you like shooting better. You dive down and make a strafing run on some kind of horrible flesh monster. (5)vs(4) A few lasers hit it, but it doesn't die. Apparently it can resist a lot of damage. You have to pull out of your dive before you can get any more shots in, lest you risk hitting the ground.

Noodlerex - Hans Handerson: (4+1) You set your legs a-dancing, and dance they do. You dance impressively, even while trying not to trip on your impractical hammer pants. Speaking of hammers, somebody yells "YOU ARE BANNED!" and tries to hit you with one. (5+1)vs(5+1) You dance out of the way with expert timing, and tauntingly invite another blow with a smug "Can't touch this!" You find yourself wondering why you were never this good in the ol' traveling circus. Huge hammers are a motivator, you suppose. Here, you're in your element.

Spectr - Ted: Still burning with ignominy from losing your Neopets moderator status, you take up a huge sledgehammer with "BAN" written on it and go on a homicidal rampage. You start off by yelling your credo and swinging your hammer at an out-of-work acrobat. (5+1)vs(5+1) She dodges you flawlessly, swing and counter swing, though your attack could hardly be more accurate. This can only mean one thing: Deadly dance-off.

Whew! Finally got that all out of the way. I'm really not sure about removing instant death on 1's, but I guess I can make up for it with enough player interference. Sorry for the delay. I had a party on Saturday, and then on Sunday... well, I was just lazy.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

I, Gimli, the God of Dwarves, shall change the very world around you... you are now all in a VAST UNDERGROUND CAVERN SYSTEM!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12