Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Gain Power  (Read 13818 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Gain Power
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 09:45:50 pm »

Hm, I suppose I'll join, if there's still a slot left.

Name: Nicholas

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 09:57:34 pm »

(Is a spot still open?)
(One more, make a name and gender before someone else does otherwise you need to wait for someone to die)

Sue

You go down the ladder, as you climb down into this spot of the pit that doesn't have a spike, you speak to them but it is as if they cant hear you. Regardless you climb down into a room, the trap door above you closes. There is no turning back down. Landing down, you see that this room only leads to two narrow hallways, you'll have to shuffle sideways to either of them, but you can choose the left or right one. You can hear whispers contradicting each other saying left and right. With a note chiseled into the wall. "Lefty loosey, Righty Tighty."

Malicia

You were correct to induce vomiting, a whisper began to run around your mind. "Now the bad is out, the good can come in. You may enter the door good now." Walking towards the door, you open the door, anyone who tried to rush in after you would not be able to go too far, a heavy wind blowing which you could hear. You however walked through fine. Anyone else would be stuck in place. When you go through the door, two stairways are ahead of you. A sign placed in the middle. "Good go up, Bad go down, What goes up must come down however." You are given a choice to go up or down. The down stairways however, you could see shadows moving along the walls the whispers were loud there, and you shiver a bit as they coax you to come there.

Halden and Magellen

Halden answers right after Mag. The old man looks to Halden for your answer. Mag says Am, Halden says Pm. The old man smiles at Halden and goes to Mag, with his arm around him, he hands him the watch. "This, it will give you the power to rewind one mistake. Do not take it lightly. Do not misuse it, you will not get another." He ushered Mag to the next door and Mag would find himself in a cold room next. With the snow falling, Mag looks up to see the sky was clear, and you were suddenly outside. You are cold and need to keep moving, but the building now behind you was gone, vanished. You were nowhere. You could go North, East, West, or South. Which way will you go Mag? As for Halden, well. Mag did hear one last thing before the door vanished. A feint "No." The answer was AM, the old man told you the answer for there are 24 hours on a clock, he was using military time. *Halden has died from the failure of solving the old man's riddle.

Sinclair

You open the door only to be sucked in. You feel the sensation of falling, cackling all around you. It is loud, loud enough to blow out your eardrums. You can not hear anymore. For further insult, the landing didn't feel too good either. You were now in a forest. Not the jungles that surrounded the temple but a forest, the ceiling was a greenhouse? You could even see the sun. Without your hearing, you find that you can not distinguish anything. You have lost your hearing forever, lower cased letters would have been more meek to choose. For now, the dense forest had a path. Leading left and right, or you could head into the unknown forest, if that is what you wish.

Caroline

The equation changes to say. "That is the solution, but after the solution there is 3125." You scream loudly as the door bursts open, and sucks you in heavily. You are lucky however, the temple seems to have spared your senses and functions, it is dark, but you quickly find a switch. The lights turn on. In front of you is a hall of traps, with no way to escape. Two spike traps, three crushing stones, two guards and a man on a throne at the end. Behind him there is a door. He holds a golden serpent staff, and he hits the ground with the base. The guards go to either side. And the throne-sitting observer now pulls out a gun. "Dance or Die?" It seems you will need a bit of luck for this one.

Systar

You go to the temple. Opening the door you come across a flurry of halls, a maze if you will. The arrows point in many directions no hints, but there is a sign when you enter. "If you think out loud, it can come true, but be careful what you wish for." The entrance closes behind you and now you have a choice of going forward, left, right, or down.

Grim

The door begins to form a face and smiles. You look at it with a look of fear as the eyes open. It seems no one else could see this if they were there, but you were the only one. The door gets off of its hinges, chasing you. You can jump over the pit again to try and escape, or you can let the door do what it wants to do.

Nicholas

You enter the temple with a flurry of mazes, you stand next to Systar. You look at all the directions. You could go left, right, straight or down. You could be patient and tag along with Systar or by all means go off on your own. The temple will take you all the same.

(It would help me a bit in the future when I start to lose track of names for you guys to start posting your names somewhere in your posts, I would appreciate it instead of looking back all the time.)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:00:14 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 09:58:55 pm »

Left

GrimSilverfang

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dark Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012, 10:01:34 pm »

"I have faith that I have answered correctly! Let the door do as it will. I have no fear." Grim whispers as he stand firmly rooted where he stands.
Where do we go from here? Infinite despise and endless jealousy Bottled in my soul Has erupted as I'm tearing through the skies. Don't you see that there is vengence in these eyes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012, 10:02:06 pm »

Malicia furrowed her brow. She supposed that meant she could go down and get it over with, or go up, get something to help her with below, and then go down and deal with it?

That or going up would dump her down and give her falling injuries. She was hoping for the first...

Go up.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2012, 10:11:49 pm »

((Fuuuuuu- my character doesn't know current modern time.  :P))

Welp.

Halden's brother attempts to enter, stage Right!

Name: Lymir

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2012, 10:17:43 pm »

"Hm, what to choose. Well, as the book says, 'For straight and narrow is the path that leads to salvation.', so I shall proceed forwards."

Nicholas takes the forwards path.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:24:29 pm by Nicholas1024 »

Magellen

• Bay Watcher
  • Dayum Shame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2012, 10:19:10 pm »

A few minutes after the disappearance of the Temple, Magellen decided it was time to choose a direction.

"Hmm... Well, they always told me North to Civilization..."

Magellen looks down at the watch he had recently acquired. The hour and minute hands were spinning rapidly in either direction on the watch.

"Well then... So much for the time" He says. Magellen puts the watch back into his pocket and begins the journey North.
Generic Signature~

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2012, 10:23:25 pm »

"Fuck. I choose to dance."
Dance!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2012, 10:51:34 pm »

"I guess I'll head down the garden path."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2012, 09:08:05 pm »

Sinclair

You take the left path, and you come up to a tree with a door that says left. "Left left left is all you do, We can see you believe if you go in one direction that you will succeed, so answer us this." The voice sounds like it comes from the door in front of you. "Do you believe in the end, or the beginning? For in the end, there is nothing at this road, and the beginning will allow you fresh. Which will you choose? I would advise not to leave." The voice laughs to itself and you are now standing in front of the door wondering what the hell it meant.

Grim

The door charges towards you and grabs you wit ha firm grip. Flipping you upside down, it begins to yell. "DOOR PILEDRIVER" You are then over the spiked pit, the door pile-driving you towards the spikes. Luckily, wrestling is fake. The door actually breaks some of the spikes and saves you. You wake up in a bedroom, the door stands there in the room. "I am door, professional wrestler." It explains itself. "I will help guide you." For now you can see two doors that your buddy there could barely fit through, but they both have a sign over them. Peace and Anger. In this bedroom you can rest for a bit, though it is kind of creepy having a Door as a buddy.

Malicia

As you head up the stairs you find that they seem almost endless. When you go down, you can not see the bottom. After you realize you are stuck on a staircase that does not end, voices whisper to you. "Lovely girl, on the stairs, do not fret, we are here to help. If want to live go up, but if you continue to go down, we will not be able to help you." The voices are reassuring, fatherly almost. The room had become blue without you even realizing it, and now what?

Lymir

You head to the temple, worried for your brother. As you step in, you find yourself in a very bright room. Bright enough that it blinds you. You are actually forced to feel around. "One dies in the dark, the other will die in the light." A voice comes in to whisper this to you before you find a door to go through. In front of you is a judge and a dog. The judge plays with his glasses a bit. "Well you are being found guilty, yada yada yada." He pulls out papers going through them all. "Why dont you just do all of us and just go this way to jail?" He points to a cell, a barred door in front of you. You could also go back the way you came. The temple begins to laugh, you can almost hear it in the back of your mind, as if knowing even if you went back, you would never get back to the surface.

Nicholas

You decide to go forward, it was obviously the best choice, because forward was a great motion. You come to the hallway to find moving paintings of people cheering. You feel entranced by the clapping and cheers that you find yourself in an arena before you can realize it. The paintings became real. You were in an arena. "Pick up your sword and shield." The king shouted to you. "You will entertain me yes?" What will you say?

Magellen

Mag begins to head north, treading through the snow. You begin to feel a fall though. An avalanche had started behind you. You could try and run from it, but you see a house nearby, it was almost too good to be true. What will you do?

Caroline

Your judge laughs and claps, but as he calms down, he wipes the tears from his eyes. "You best run now." The floor beneath you begins to move towards the traps, the wall behind you moving towards you, you no longer had a choice. You attempt to jump over the first pit (3) and you catch yourself on the ledge, and now you are forced to pull yourself up. (6) You just barely have enough time to get up and go to the next pit trap which you are also forced to jump. (1) Before you are able to lift yourself, the judge had taken out a gun and shot you in the ankle. You fall head first into the pit. Everything went dark from there. Caroline

Systar

You head down the stairs, a garden actually appearing in front of you. The flowers are lovely, the day is splendid, wait... the day? The sun was out. Were you even in the temple anymore. And then you see a snake. It crawls along the ground, hissing towards you. "YOU!" It almost screamed at you. You are baffled for a moment before the snake yells once more. "FEED ME!" It opens its mouth. What the hell are you going to feed it? You can only see flowers, grass, yourself, and the snake.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2012, 09:10:09 pm »

Sue walked down the left path.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2012, 09:37:30 pm »

Malicia swallowed. The voices sounded friendly, and she did want to live... on the other hand, not being able to "help" her wasn't the same as anything bad happening to her, and the prior sign did say that what goes up must go down...

...but not when or what would happen if she didn't or did.

Swallowing again, she began to go down the stairs.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2012, 09:40:10 pm »

What... how did I end up here? It seems this place has its own rules, logic need not apply. I don't particularly like my chances of fighting my way out... so entertainment it is.

Picking up the sword and shield, Nicholas shouts back "I live to serve, good king!", preparing himself for whatever he might have to fight.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2012, 10:12:10 pm »

Oh come on, that's an easy one.

Feed the snake its own tail.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7