Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Gain Power  (Read 13815 times)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
Re: Roll to Gain Power
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 11:06:02 am »

Grim

You head to the left, towards the spiked pit. To make it over you will need to run at full speed.  (5) You clear it with ease and you lose your footing a bit on the other side but you make yourself regain your balance and you stand now at the other side. Going down the hallway you see a door, it has three pictures over it. A bird, A plane, and you swear a S shaped object on the last one. On the door it asks, and you can hear the whispers, "Who does this represent?"

Caroline

You watch grim make it over and you begin to run as well in an attempt to follow him. (6) You clear it and continue to move as if you had been a part of some platform game or something. As you reach the hall and go beside Grim, you see the door as well, numbers are above the door. A 5, a 25 and a 125. In a whisper it asks you, the words on the walls mimicking its question to you., "What comes after the solution?"

Sinclair

You watch as the first two clear the jump relatively easily, and you begin to walk the hall on the right. You walk through fine, however at the end, three doors await you. Left Middle and Right. Over the doors each one says respectively, "This Way" "THIS WAY" "this way" Over on the sides you can see pictures of people with a finger over their lips, their eyes creepily staring at you.

Halden

You follow Sinclair as he had shown the hall was not trapped nor would you be sacrificing yourself, however at the end you see four doors in front of you. They are Left, Left-Middle, Right-Middle and Right. The pictures on the walls show two skulls, and a rose. The doors say in words over them respectively, "This Way" "THIS WAY" "this way" "Super secret awesome door"

Malicia

You watch the parties split up already on decisions of where to go, after making your choice you decide you will head left, if something is trapped there must be something there that people want, yes? (5) You stumble a bit as you land on the other side but you regain your balance and you head up to the door the other two at this point are staring at and thinking for. You see a poem circling the door and read it to yourself. "Roses are red, Violets are blue, you are a woman, what have they done to you? Look at you so thin, so lithe and tragic. You must be fat, on the inside, so burly and hated. Make yourself thinner, and you may enter."

Magellen

You decide to stick to the right, and you follow the others who had gone this way, the doors in front of you read over them "This Way" "THIS WAY" and "this way" They are Left, Middle and Right respectively, the pictures on the walls show people with their mouths wide, and tears streaming down their faces. As you come to this side. The walls come up behind you. As well as the others. The bricks are solid, leaving anyone else to be forced to wait or go to the other side if they should enter. It seems this now room will not let you go until you all make a choice.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Magellen

• Bay Watcher
  • Dayum Shame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 11:15:29 am »

I choose the door that is labeled "THIS WAY"
Generic Signature~

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 11:28:26 am »

Halden shrugged and indicated his method of passage to Sinclair and Magellen (who I welcome to Bay12).

Super secret awesome door.

He thought this was obvious, but maybe whoever designed this place already knew that, and was prepared to play mindgames on the foolish, or the skeptically inclined.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 02:08:17 pm »

(I'm going to work, but that is fine, i can post by post, everyone who posts first simply does their action first, or are sitting there thinking. So no worries if you get left behind a bit such as if you can post for a day or two. Being way behind though means if you need help someone may not be able to help you. On with the two posts here now)

Magellen

You go through the door with the words big and bold, and as you push the door, it slams behind you before any other can make their way forwards. This room is dark and you can only feel along the walls. Proceeding cautiously you see a light in the distance. A table with a watch on it. Perhaps it was one of the Magical Objects? It sat there ticking away, and an old man stepped beside the table. He smiles and his long bushy beard moves to show such, he chuckles a bit and takes the watch and begins to walk away from the light into the darkness. He asks you. "Can you find time in the darkness? This table will show you time." On the table you walk up to you see an hour hand and minute hand engraved into the table. It says 3:52. "It says 3:52. If you wish for the watch, tell me, is it AM or PM?" You could also walk off feeling around in the darkness for a way out.

Halden

While the others only saw three doors, you unknowingly could see four, you go towards to, what the others see, as a wall. For you, you go to turn the knob on the door, and the door fades, your hand is in the wall. A large cackle comes about now. It sounds as if a child was speaking, however its strength was large. You could not pull your hand out of the wall. "I can't believe someone fell for it, haha." You scream as your hand is taken from you. Crawling away from the wall in shock you stare at it. The stone comes back into place, and you quickly tear off your shirt to wrap the stub on your right arm. The temple then whispers to you. "One of these things was not like the other." It was vague and difficult, however any of the three other doors was the correct answer. For now you pick a random door to go through it didn't matter which, you too end up next to Magellen who was looking at the table, the questions repeated to you. "Can you find the time, it says 3:52, but is it Am, or Pm? I have no watch for you as for him, but I can give you my beard." For now you wince at the pain in your arm still shaking a little bit, you are alive, however it may be harder now to operate some things in this temple. And now knowing the temple, it may take advantage of this. You could also however walk off in the dark trying to feel yourself around to an exit.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:21:13 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.

Magellen

• Bay Watcher
  • Dayum Shame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 02:37:15 pm »

I choose AM
Generic Signature~

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 02:39:11 pm »

Name: Sue Trymack

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 02:44:03 pm »

Sue

You enter the temple after the others, having seen none run out quite yet you decide it best to go in. There you see Redgrave still looking down what is the left hall and staring at the spiked pit. A large wall was to the right, but you could see a crack at the top for now, it seemed as if this was blocked off, but going into the left hall, you could see a ladder near the pit. None of the others seemed to see it, however, down this part of the pit there was a hole you could climb down while nobody noticed you, or you could jump across with the others.

(holding off on Mag and Halden until both have answered)
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 02:47:19 pm »

Sue heads to the ladder and climbs it slowly.
"How the hell did you blokes not notice this?"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:52:05 pm by Spinal_Taper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 02:51:07 pm »

Malicia tilted her head, bearing an incredulous expression. Just what sort of inane puzzle was this?

Perhaps more disturbingly, of course, was the fact that it could tell she was a woman. That most likely meant this place was sentient or controlled by something as such, which in turn probably meant it was sadistic, creative, and deranged.

After a few more minutes of pondering, she came up with an answer. After a few more minutes of pondering, she still couldn't think of any alternatives or reasons why it couldn't be correct.

With a sigh and a grimace, she stuck her finger down her throat. This was gonna suck.

Vomit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 03:17:38 pm »

"Well, you can hurt a man for trying, but I can't believe why I didn't use anything around me to test that bloody door!" Halden said as he stared at the question.

He spread his arms in exasperation. "Of course. I can't find time other than these strange numbers right here! Am? Pm? What in bloody blazes are those?! I tell time by the movement of the sun and I can't damn well do it in this enclosed space!"

Grumble grumble.

I choose AM

"What?! You go by these ludicrous questio-...

Ah fine. If he chooses this, and if whatever I say is wrong, PM it is. Stupid futuristic ideology and whatnot. Why, back in my day I..."

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 05:36:57 pm »

Left

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 08:27:42 pm »

(Is a spot still open?)
Soaplent green is goblins!

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 08:46:47 pm »

"625," Caroline says.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 08:49:39 pm »

Assuming a spot's available, Systar the Dude is signing up for adventure!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GrimSilverfang

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dark Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 09:38:43 pm »

Grim yells triumphantly, "It's SUPERMAN!"
Where do we go from here? Infinite despise and endless jealousy Bottled in my soul Has erupted as I'm tearing through the skies. Don't you see that there is vengence in these eyes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7