Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85668 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 18
« Reply #645 on: July 20, 2012, 02:08:43 am »

IMO, From Kai point of view Humans have only one interesting ability -  to quickly form effective subhives even without connection to Queen(s). Yes that comes for a price - loyalty... And that what we can change either by dumbing them down (But note that any form of mind control will negate humans only advantage), or making them more Kai-like.

My very long term idea is to make a virus\nanobots that will infect humans and change their genetics to kai-like, loyal to us form. In that way we could conquest Earth far more easily

As for our current human loyalist, they are nearly useless as soldiers or workers, comparing to even basic drones. But I'd like to let humans create subhive(s), that will do surface farming for us, and be a long term source of food and test subjects. 

Better we should do it after we knock down satellites\conquest nearby settlements, of cause

And I support the idea of fabrication of killer bots, it is risky, but we don't lose that much if we fail and gain a lot if we succeed. At the very least, humans will get heavy damage on their fabrication facilities...  Oh... And that's fun!

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 20, 2012, 06:35:04 am »

Fire alerts and such might work too. It should not be too hard to hijack the humans systems.
Fire alerts would make it apparent that the facility had been evacuated. An ideal solution would result in the bipeds assuming that their hive was continuing to maintain the facility despite their singular absence. Perhaps by reporting that their roles were being performed by alternate drones.

The bipeds also offer an alternate form of contact with other races. The data concerning those hostile to us has mostly been lost and it could be of value if we had agencies that were not like us available to gather data on those who may oppose us.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #647 on: July 20, 2012, 09:40:42 am »

Why knock down sattelites when they can be fed false data?
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 20, 2012, 10:58:04 am »

Why knock down sattelites when they can be fed false data?
Because, when we initialize the attack, we can't take a single chance of the message getting out . There are quite a lot of races out there who would vaporize this system just to kill us.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 20, 2012, 07:49:00 pm »

My very long term idea is to make a virus\nanobots that will infect humans and change their genetics to kai-like, loyal to us form. In that way we could conquest Earth far more easily
Von Neumann probes? We could use the mined niobium to make those.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 21, 2012, 05:06:29 am »

I think by the time we reach that level of technology, we'll have much resources to build it

So my proposal

1) Build bio lab
2) Continue experiments with soldier larvae, make it harsher, we are making a suitable mate for the princess here, few lost soldiers isn't high price for that
3) Finish niobium mining
4) Study a possibility to launch killer bot construction behind human lines, but do not do it, yet
5) Design and make bombs and\or one shot rockets that flying drones can carry, I propose to use them as cheap, hit and run, low accuracy bombers
6) Make 6 Soldier-Sized Pumped Pulse Blasters and 4 Soldier-Sized Pressurized Acid Blaster, because our stocks look low
7) If time left - continue working on the satellite killer
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 21, 2012, 05:57:41 am »

I think by the time we reach that level of technology, we'll have much resources to build it

So my proposal

1) Build bio lab
2) Continue experiments with soldier larvae, make it harsher, we are making a suitable mate for the princess here, few lost soldiers isn't high price for that
3) Finish niobium mining
4) Study a possibility to launch killer bot construction behind human lines, but do not do it, yet Study to make a killer predator to unleash on the enemy.
5) Design and make bombs and\or one shot rockets that flying drones can carry, I propose to use them as cheap, hit and run, low high  accuracy bombers
6) Make 6 Soldier-Sized Pumped Pulse Blasters and 4 Soldier-Sized Pressurized Acid Blaster, because our stocks look low
7) If time left - continue working on the satellite killer

All of that except the ones I /s'd out
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 21, 2012, 06:14:57 am »

What do you mean by making predator?

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 21, 2012, 06:27:25 am »

The predator combat form, the one that requires a tank to kill and all.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 21, 2012, 07:32:04 am »

Well we have one predator + predator larva + war princess so no need to make one... But unleashing it on the enemy is just a waste of predator, and a way to make us known

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 21, 2012, 09:13:52 am »

Von Neumann probes? We could use the mined niobium to make those.
Von Neuman probes are something way different. That just a general name for a selfreplicating machine used in space exploration. (There's a more precise defenition.)
The problem with modifying humans to turn into us is that we might have very different biologies. However, as it seems that we 're at least somewhat compatible. (both carbonbased and using more or less the same athmosphere) it might yet work. However, changing the human will mean that there's a rather long and time in which the human is both noticeable and weak. A parasite like entity would be beter for such a purpose, as while the incubation time will be longer, it will be a little bit more stealthy. The Question remains though, whle keep the humans alive, why not kill them using a virus and use them as biomass.

So my proposal

1) Build bio labFine with me. both Kai and humans
2) Continue experiments with soldier larvae, make it harsher, we are making a suitable mate for the princess here, few lost soldiers isn't high price for thatOK
3) Finish niobium miningOK
4) Study a possibility to launch killer bot construction behind human lines, but do not do it, yet Study to make a killer predator to unleash on the enemy.I'd go for killer bots. Note that our bots don't need to look like ckiller bots. flawed constrctuion bots and such can do a lot of damage. Also small bots can infiltrate closed circuit systems (like the defence systems) and hack them.
5) Design and make bombs and\or one shot rockets that flying drones can carry, I propose to use them as cheap, hit and run, low high  accuracy bombers Due to Mars lower airpressure nd gravity, shrapnel flies farther and faster. Combined with the fact that humans mostly need air suits and are rather squishy, a low accuracy airburst rocket would serve us well. they are not intended to destroy things, just to damage lots of things.
6) Make 6 Soldier-Sized Pumped Pulse Blasters and 4 Soldier-Sized Pressurized Acid Blaster, because our stocks look lowOk
7) If time left - continue working on the satellite killerOK

All of that except the ones I /s'd out
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:19:33 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 21, 2012, 04:37:13 pm »

One of the experiments with larvae should be either feeding them dilluted acid or washing with it. Or both

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 21, 2012, 04:50:16 pm »

We should probably think of some eventual use for the war queen.  I propose that we start a tunnel near the nearest human outpost and set up a farm.  We could then grow our army and take it out.  If We have no idea where the nearest human site is we should find it. 

As for short to medium, I propose that we attempt espionage or stealth bots.  We could use the loyal lab subjects to test vision and hearing and the best aplication of camoflauge.  Actually, now that I think about it, We don't even know the difference between our visions.  They may be able to see colors that are out of our viewing spectrum.  Probably not, but we could possibly make a weapon out of that (a blinder gun or sonic headache immiter).  Useful for taking prisoners (We already have some, why not more cattle). 

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 21, 2012, 05:13:41 pm »

Tunneling to humans is a bad idea, it's one of the most noticeable form of attack, seismic activity is likely monitored by humans

And princess will have it's use - make soldiers. Make many soldiers. + leading troops in battle in person, I suspect that she will be very formidable combat unit

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 22, 2012, 01:18:08 am »

Von Neuman probes are something way different. That just a general name for a selfreplicating machine used in space exploration. (There's a more precise defenition.)
Hmmmm. Nanobots might be similar - they need self-replicating functions and parts.

In that case, We need to finish the niobium mining, and the satkiller project sounds really useful too.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57