Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85705 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Midnight 17
« Reply #630 on: July 18, 2012, 03:00:34 pm »

Well, we could also try to make some subtle changes.  Like sabotaging military spare parts or ammunition, or poison food, replace air filters with filters that deploy gas when activated, stuff like that.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 18, 2012, 04:07:41 pm »

Poison food would get noticed fairly quickly, but sabotaging some of the less routinely used spare parts or ammunition sounds like it could go quite a ways before getting noticed. If we do it subtly enough we might even be able to make it look like a glitch.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 18, 2012, 09:12:26 pm »

You suggest to Stampy that human reproduction is a subject of interest, and proceed to walk towards the Human Lab. With the aid of both Human and Kai Tech Drones, and the Nurse, You discover that the gestation period and growth period of human is... long. Nine months to grow, thirteen years to mature. How these creatures managed to conquer the planet, You have no idea. Regardless, an arrangement is (eventually) made in which the Humans agree to provide eggs and sperm as a price for their freedom. You leave the Tech Drone and Nurse to their own affairs, and note with some pleasure that the Human-Sized AEPS are completed, freeing the Human labor pool for surface work.

The Tech Drone works on the Human Assault Rifles, adapting an energy weapon and an improved grenade launcher, and adapt the projectile weapon for more rapid fire, and add a secondary form of ammunition so as to have incindiary, armor-piercing, and explosive components. After completing the first trial weapon, the Humans test it out on a gel-like fluid the Human Tech Drone gave instructions for.

Human-Sized Powered Assault Weaponry
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is a little heavy, but given that the Humans will be wearing AEPS, You don't think the weight will matter all that much. Unsuited, it might present an issue with trying to run around, but it should work well. You notice the War Princess is getting heavy, and set it down to walk on its own while you tinker with Human systems.

In the city We are planning to assault soonest, You re-route the water cooling the human fission plant through the drinking water system, take several air scrubbers offline, salt the water used for crops, adjust the size of certain weapon components, instruct several machines to make less welds, and make several small edits to vital systems that will eventually (presumably) lead to a total lock-up of the system. The last thing You manage to pull off is to crack into personnel files and quietly promote some of the worst workers, while putting certain trouble-flags on the most productive.

It is not quite mid-day. As a compromise, You ordered the return of several loaded APC's home, and anticipate two deliveries within the next few hours.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 18
« Reply #633 on: July 18, 2012, 09:15:28 pm »

So 'Explosive' is an accuracy rating now too? :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 18, 2012, 09:20:15 pm »

It's a big grenade, and if they can see it, they can hit it with a grenade. Or at least get within a few meters, which is close enough.

:P

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 19, 2012, 04:05:57 am »

That is indeed a possible course of action, but it's almost guaranteed to get noticed very quickly before many kill-bots could be made.
The viability of such a plan would be dependent upon removing observation Probably by removing or disabling and observers.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 19, 2012, 06:19:43 am »

I think it's time to build a new room in our nest - bio lab\hospital. We need that place to

1) Conduct advanced genetic experiments on our eggs\larvae\plants. Nurse deserves playing ground
2) Conduct experiments on human eggs (only few incubators are needed)
3) Experiment with cybernetic modification of drones
4) High level drones, queens and high level human loyalists are pretty important, so it's better to have some equipment for healing
5) To find a good use for 2 Nurse Larvae (Gen 1)   and 3 Human Biological Testing Computer  
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 19, 2012, 06:28:37 am »

Am I the only one who thinks that the biped are looking like a very short-term prospect?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 19, 2012, 09:55:51 am »

I think it's time to build a new room in our nest - bio lab\hospital. We need that place to

1) Conduct advanced genetic experiments on our eggs\larvae\plants. Nurse deserves playing ground
2) Conduct experiments on human eggs (only few incubators are needed)
3) Experiment with cybernetic modification of drones
4) High level drones, queens and high level human loyalists are pretty important, so it's better to have some equipment for healing
5) To find a good use for 2 Nurse Larvae (Gen 1)   and 3 Human Biological Testing Computer

Agreed. We also need a cloning center.

We should also try to get a list from the human defenses systems and others.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 19, 2012, 03:20:05 pm »

Given that Our knowledge of technology is far beyond that of Human levels, it should be possible to copy a Human mind and actively do replacement cloning and cybernetics to replace losses.

It would obviously take time to figure out exactly how to do it, but "turning humans into immortal replicatable cyborgs" is within reason. It will certainly be faster than trying to engineer Kai traits into humans.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 19, 2012, 06:42:16 pm »

Given that Our knowledge of technology is far beyond that of Human levels, it should be possible to copy a Human mind and actively do replacement cloning and cybernetics to replace losses.

It would obviously take time to figure out exactly how to do it, but "turning humans into immortal replicatable cyborgs" is within reason. It will certainly be faster than trying to engineer Kai traits into humans.
I was talking about cloning ourselves. Why turn humans into cyborgs, when you can just make killer robots. The amount of work in making bio electric connection systems would be similiar to the amount of work required to make functional killer robots powered by a certainly loyal A.I. Humans won't nessecerially loyal

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 19, 2012, 08:47:00 pm »

Shock value against the human troops? Superior infiltration capability?
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 19, 2012, 09:17:56 pm »

Shock value against the human troops? Superior infiltration capability?
For morale, we can do much more shocking things for less impact. Besides, we don't want the humans to panick so much that they switch to region destroying weaponry, or ask for help from another race. We have shown that we can hack their networks; Just sending a mondial message for surrender will be more persuading than fielding a small army of cyborgs against them. In the first case they might be willing to surrendeerr, in the last one they will most likely fight to the death.

As for superior infiltration capability. I doubt it. The amount of knowledge we would need  to succesfully connect the humans brains to artificial system is tremendous. After all, we would need to have a perfect connection, or they will just look odd. That technology we could use to make a android, which can infiltrate just as well, and is more reliable. The best would be to send a normal human, but that might cause problems of loyality and such.

Besides, sending humans gives other problems, because they will either be criminals or kidnapped. So that will certainly get the attention of security systems. Now, adding an android is not that hard. After all, there are many more people registered then there are criminals or missing people, so those databases will be less secured and less often checked. Sure androids might get problems with security scans, but the same counts for cyborgs. Except,when these modifications are mundane, but then that means that they wouldn't have any advantage, making it pointless.

Cyborgs
-Mechanical limbs and organs
-Brain machine interface (Harder to do, and useless. Our brains don't work like theirs, so the technology would only work for them)
-Human psychological studies (You do want to do some studies first, ratehr than sending a random person in.)

Androids (We can also go for a simple robot, which would just need the AI and would be less suspsicous)
-Mechanical limbs
-Working AI systems (Might be usefull for lots of stuff)
-Human psychological studies

The humans posses both robots and implants. Sadly, when going with heavy modifications both will arouse suspicion, and trigger alarms.

Last, why would we even want to send troops to infiltrate. We can control their networks, have spy drones(both mechanical and organical) and automated microcams are well within our reach.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 19, 2012, 09:50:23 pm »

A fabricator will likely have an abundance of dangerous chemicals. If we could engineer biped systems to cause a fabricator to be temporarily vacated, perhaps by modifying the biped drone assignments, then trigger a release of toxins, then it may be possible to construct a small force of autonomous weapons which could then be used to prevent biped interference with the fabricator. As always, preventing detection would be the preferred method of defence.

If biped long-range communication facilities are to be disabled, then we should engineer our own long-range communication system and reconfigure our remote agencies for autonomous functioning.
Read the First Post!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 19, 2012, 09:59:17 pm »

A fabricator will likely have an abundance of dangerous chemicals. If we could engineer biped systems to cause a fabricator to be temporarily vacated, perhaps by modifying the biped drone assignments, then trigger a release of toxins, then it may be possible to construct a small force of autonomous weapons which could then be used to prevent biped interference with the fabricator. As always, preventing detection would be the preferred method of defence.

If biped long-range communication facilities are to be disabled, then we should engineer our own long-range communication system and reconfigure our remote agencies for autonomous functioning.
Fire alerts and such might work too. It should not be too hard to hijack the humans systems.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57