Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85724 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 17
« Reply #585 on: July 10, 2012, 10:03:22 pm »

Make the predator more stealthy and agile, and make it fertile.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 10, 2012, 11:10:07 pm »

Make the predator more stealthy and agile, and make it fertile.
Would our new war queen make that redundant?
Soaplent green is goblins!

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 10, 2012, 11:51:47 pm »

I think we should upgrade the level 1 digging drone and make it fertile. Also LAY THE EGGS! Sorry to be so pushy but we really need to do that before the ones that are better suited to being drones become soldier and the ones suited to being soldiers reach the next stage of development.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 11, 2012, 12:59:09 am »

I support leveling up the digger drone, mating with him and waiting for the digger larvae to make the second loyal queen from the best digger larvae.

And no to spending Jelly on predator, there are many better uses
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 11, 2012, 01:09:54 am »

We should upgrade the Tech Drone and then work on arming more APCs. Have we reverse-engineered the APC so that we can make more of them instead of just retrofitting APCs with weaponry?
We made the APc's ourselves, so I'm pretty sure we got the plans.

I'm pretty sure the developping eggs are those that have already been laid.

We got 4 units of royal Jelly. I'd say we use 1 for a digging drone, 1 for the nurse and use 1 to modify one of the Queens flowers genes. Preferably cross it with a cold retant plant with a Rhizome. That will allow us to plant it outside, where it can spread underground and form more flowers, all parts of the same plant. Should the flowers be destroyed, the Rhizome remains intact and the plant can grow back.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 11, 2012, 01:17:21 am »

We made the APc's ourselves, so I'm pretty sure we got the plans.

We got 4 units of royal Jelly. I'd say we use 1 for a digging drone, 1 for the nurse and use 1 to modify one of the Queens flowers genes. Preferably cross it with a cold retant plant with a Rhizome. That will allow us to plant it outside, where it can spread underground and form more flowers, all parts of the same plant. Should the flowers be destroyed, the Rhizome remains intact and the plant can grow back.
Derp. In that case, we should produce more armed APCs.
Also, +1 to applying royal jelly to the Queen's flowers genome. That should have an exponential effect, if everything goes according to plan.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 11, 2012, 01:33:34 am »

New proposal

1 unit - improve nurse's larvae development
1 unit - make the digger smarter. It should instinctively understand  how to find ores, how to find softer places to dig, how to prevent cave-ins and other stuff. I want digger commander, not dumb burrower with bigger claws
1 unit - make the digger fertile
1 unit - use ebbor's plan to modify plants

If Nurse improvement need more than one unit of jelly then do not make the digger fertile

And I am against spending jelly on tech drone(s). Kai queen is smart enough to research all the needed  techs ATM. And if we want new tech drones, let's wait until generation 2 eggs hatch and spend jelly to modify a bunch of smart larvaes

Also I offer to order diggers to dig the third, back-up, very deep queen chamber\bunker\emergency food storage directly under main queens chamber. 1) we need a back-up plan to survive heavy orbital bombardment. 2) If we do create digger queen later, new chamber will be a nice home for it
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 11, 2012, 01:38:21 am »

A heavy orbital bombardement would create shockwaves strong enough to just collapse everything below it. The only way to easily survive that is to spread out. Also, I'm not sure, but the War princess might still require additional royal Jelly.

Otherwise

>Make more APC's
>Finish designing/ start building the rockets
>Repair the Multilaunch pads Security interlocks
>Design and program and autopilot. We only got 2 nav drones, and more than 5 vehicles.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 11, 2012, 01:49:50 am »

A heavy orbital bombardement would create shockwaves

It depends on how deep the chamber, how reinforced it is and how heavy bombardment. And diggers need some job, anyway.

Another option is to look for some ores, but are there any ores that we need? Maybe gold\silver? As a reward for humans, they seem to like it. And it may be useful for electronics, later

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 11, 2012, 11:23:51 pm »

I'd rather like to read the information from the human perspective at this point- I'm rather fascinated by developments so far.  Anyone know where I can find it?
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 12, 2012, 01:42:21 am »

I'd rather like to read the information from the human perspective at this point- I'm rather fascinated by developments so far.  Anyone know where I can find it?

It hasn't started yet.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 12, 2012, 04:05:54 am »

And when it does, nobody will be know!!!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 12, 2012, 06:47:24 am »

How about engineering a zombie virus?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 12, 2012, 06:51:37 am »

How about engineering a zombie virus?
Why? The martian population density is way to low for that to be effective. Hell, even the Earth's population density is too low in most places. Besides, a parasite is a much more likely cause for a zombie disease.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 12, 2012, 07:19:00 am »

Why? Because Zombies.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57