Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85733 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 16
« Reply #555 on: July 09, 2012, 12:07:58 pm »

I am kind of curious about what a spy queen would end up as...

On an unrelated note, power armor for Predators would be somewhat redundant, but what if we attach jump jets to them? (They have wings already, but wings are slow and vulnerable for transporting huge armored things.)
Do they, nice. Jump jets and such might be useful, but what about the fuel storage for those. It might become a vulnerability.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 09, 2012, 12:15:16 pm »

We have materials that resist automatic rail guns, I'd say the jet pack would be fine for now.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 09, 2012, 12:22:51 pm »

We can probably get pretty compact fuel storage if we use pollen-based fuel, and if it is compact we can armor it without an impractical amount of weight.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 09, 2012, 01:36:01 pm »

Refined pollen fuel would definitely provide increases in power. There are more ways the Flowers can be used for fuel, and many hints have been dropped about it. :P

Also, given that this Queen is 100% certain to not rebel, I find it safe to say that a War Queen would definitely increase the quality of the soldier offspring, and be of considerable assistance in weapons tech. This is not mentioning the obvious intelligence and high battlefield command and combat potential. War Queen is to Predators what Predators are to Soldiers. An Armored Queen, not so much. Our current Soldiers are basically light infantry on their own. Armored offspring is medium infantry. War Queen offspring would be heavy. Post will be coming later, as I have work to do right now.

(By the way, arming the APC's is a good idea.)

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 09, 2012, 01:45:23 pm »

I understand what you are feeling right now ross, but games that you host get really good when you let the players do their own thing. Without feeding players incentive on paranoia I managed to get two total party kills!

>>:War queen / predator

>>:Arm APCS

>>:Mass produce armor / soldiers w/ war queen?
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 09, 2012, 01:59:25 pm »

I am going to vote war queen too. The weakness of tech is that other beings can use it, and a guaranteed-loyal war queen would go a long way towards protecting against betrayal.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 09, 2012, 02:03:07 pm »

My job is not just to clarify things and narrate, but to drop hints and provide meta-information when asked for. I really don't like forcing people into following MY plot. If I wanted to do that, I'd write more of my postmodern dungeonpunk novel. I only have two or three hundred pages more to write, so 33-25% done as of now.

There are a few plot railroads hidden in the sandbox, and a few hints and such dropped here and there. My GM style is to hint as to beneficial paths, then allow them to be completely and totally ignored. It's also my style to provide clarification and meta-data, as well as to listen to my posters and adapt to them.

Last RP I did, I once set an objective of "Start a riot in the city." Somehow or another, that got changed from "dress up like police and go shooting people" like the first two people wanted to "Hey, let's just have giant illegal rock concert with mind control and lots of drugs". It worked smashingly well. Pun intented.

I should be back in an hour?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 09, 2012, 02:11:34 pm »

>> Predator Queen
>> Arm the APC's. Large cannons mostly, capable of either firing high density armor penetration rounds or shrapnel rounds. *
>> Design jetpack for predators
>> Pollen fuel refinery.

* Considering we'll mostly be facing Heavily armoured targets, (Landships and the colony buildings.) or light armoured targets (the humans). The soldiers take on the rest

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 09, 2012, 10:34:40 pm »

We really ought not to be attacking humans just now. We may be able to take the planet but what about the rest of the human empire? For now subtlety is Our best play.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 09, 2012, 11:27:02 pm »

That is what Stealth attacks are for.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 09, 2012, 11:28:06 pm »

>> Arm the APC's. Large cannons mostly, capable of either firing high density armor penetration rounds or shrapnel rounds.

+1 to arming the APCs. Also, if I'm not mistaken, what you have in mind looks a bit like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 09, 2012, 11:33:32 pm »

APCs? I think I missed something.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 09, 2012, 11:35:05 pm »

You pick up the Predator Larvae and feed it Royal Jelly, then carry it with Yourself instead of letting the Nurse handle it. Queens are different. You periodically make certain noises and actions for no other reason than instinct, and the War Princess makes other noises back. You are beginning to sense the expansion of the Mind and the beginnings of a true network of Kai.

Next, You work on adding a Light Projectile Cannon atop the APC vehicles. The problem with such a scenario comes to You after the first attempt is test-fired and test-fired on: the weight distribution is terrible, the electric systems tend to shut off after the gun has been fired enough, and it is VERY hot and cramped in the back for Soldiers. You order the Soldiers off, and open fire on the vehicle as it clumsily maneuvers about the surface. It strikes a rock and flips over, and your EMG fire rapidly causes the ammunition to cook off. Well. At least it was a good first try. You never expected everything to work smoothly. Hell of a time for failure, though...

With this attempt done, You and the Predator Drone proceed outside with plenty of equipment and Drones to build jetpacks for it. You consider locations, and decide to put most of the jets underfoot, with a few on the sides for aerial maneuverability, and to base the controls on macros and nerve impulses from the Predator, and to power it with a series of heavily-armored batteries on the back. This attempt works considerably better - the Predator not only doesn't kill any Drones, but actively co-operates with Your attempts. After a long period of tinkering and adjusting, with individual and group firing of the jets, the Predator lowers its body, then leaps into the air, jets firing.  You and the Predator both notice the extended flight time and aerial control - while the Predator will never be a air-to-air fighter, You would give it good odds against gunships and low-flying craft.

Lastly, You study the Pollen Fuel and isolate the specific compounds, then seek about ways of refining it for even greater power and efficiency. After a considerable amount of time on design, and creating an incredibly crude, inefficient, but functional Portable Refinery, You and the Drones begin the work of building a full-scale refinery. After all, before much longer, We will be bringing in very nearly 70 Canisters per cycle, and the numbers will only increase.

After its construction, you process a Canister of Pollen Fuel, and receive two Canisters of Refined Fuel, roughly 75% or so of the actual Pollen. The rest of it is broken down into various chemicals and gases, most of which can be used as oil, to improve the fertilizer, and make various plastics and ceramics - very little goes to waste. It is rather... hot, though, so You and the Tech Drone work on a Thermoelectric System to go in place around the Refinery. The design of the material and its proper application takes the rest of the day, but the hard work pays off - it is almost as easy as "peel and stick". Obviously, unlead Drones would have a problem doing it on their own, but while lead, they work quickly to not only connect the Refinery back into the power cycle, but most of the Lab.

Night falls.

[Important changes are in bold

You Are:

Your Developing Eggs

Your Unready Fertilized Eggs

Your Nest
Location - the general area of Here
Outdoors - Hard to Detect by Casual Scans
Indoors

You Own

Your food supplies are:
Empty

Your food requirements per Hunger Level are:
Drones - 1/10 of a Unit of Food
Soldiers - 4/10 of a Unit of Food
Levels 1-4 - A Unit of Food
Predator / Nurse / Commander
Queen - A Unit of Food / Reabsorb 20 Eggs
Level 5 - 2 Units of Food

Your prisoners are:

Your Inventions (new section, correct me if I missed anything)

Your Planets:
Unnamed Yellow Dwarf Sun [Sol]
Unnamed Iron-Rich Cold Partially Terraformed Planet, 4th from Unnamed Sun [Mars]
- Unnamed Moon [Phobos]
- Unnamed Moon [Demios]
[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:39:42 pm by Ross Vernal »

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Night 16
« Reply #568 on: July 09, 2012, 11:59:49 pm »

A war princess! :D If we had any use for individual names I would name her Princess Dismembia.

Anyway, we should probably dig out a somewhat isolated chamber for weapons testing so the eventual errors won't crush drones or machinery.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Night 16
« Reply #569 on: July 10, 2012, 12:14:34 am »

Not to be a bother but I noticed that We had still not planted the seed of life We have. It should be planted in the underground flower chamber.

> plant seed
> lay eggs
> have drones dig out auxiliary chambers off the deep queen's chamber.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57