Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85756 times)

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Night 15
« Reply #525 on: July 08, 2012, 10:07:04 pm »

Personally I think that a slow and steady build up is our best bet rather then trying an all out attack so soon. Eventually we will take the planet, and then the solar system and then the galaxy but for now we should focus on quiet expansion and stealth.

Question: can our daughter queen be Of The Body or Of The spirt?
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 08, 2012, 10:20:18 pm »

Oh, I'm pretty sure I've dropped enough DM hints.

Why don't We pick an advanced larvae and find out? :P

*gets to typing*

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 08, 2012, 10:37:49 pm »

Gen 1: Slightly Cold-Tolerant, Slightly Camouflaged
Gen 2: Same as Gen 1. S-variant are all Winged and T-variant are all Intelligent.

The matter of programming in the HA-AEPS variant and ordering enough to equip all of your non-Flying Soldiers is simple, and You program it into the machine. Reprocessing the current AEPS, of course, make the process much quicker, and You introduce them all in before making heavy weaponry for the Artillery Suits.

Railguns, pulse cannons, and the full-auto version of the Tribarrel seem like excellent places to start, and You and the Tech Drone get started. The Tech Drone works on adopting a pair of small Energy Machine Guns at the torso while you work on adapting the Medium Pulse Cannon to Suit size. Next, We produce a Light Rail Cannon and the corresponding back-mounted Anti-Air Double Rail Cannons, and after a short delay involving the ammunition feed cycle, You and the Tech Drone work on the Tribarrel Autocannon. Unfortunately, this last attempt fails miserably, as the weapon is underpowered, overheats easily, and still drains batteries at a highly inefficient rate.

The MVLP is completed while You work, and the Drones take the time to add a few additional... things that resemble guns, but mostly misfire and explode. Many Drones are lost in the ensuing cave-in, and the Security Interlocks are completely scrapped. You are not pleased by this. On the other hand, you no longer have to worry about Generation 0 Drones, given the 100% fatality rate of the accident.

You spend the rest of the night working on improving the weight capabilities of the Land Carriers to compensate for the Heavy Armor, contemplating the merits of which larvae to Queen. A Drone Queen, obviously, would be easiest to control, but it would be limited by its growth. A Predator, Nurse, or Commander would obviously be your best options. You just... don't really know that much about Our queen-making process.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:39:52 pm by Ross Vernal »

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 16
« Reply #528 on: July 08, 2012, 10:55:09 pm »

>>:Examine self in order to indicate what type queen are we.

>>:Develop nurse queen, we are of the mind and we need someone of the body in order to grow.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 08, 2012, 10:59:12 pm »

did we lay the eggs I suggested and plant the remaining seed of life in the underground flower chamber? If not then we may want to get on that before the eggs progress to the next stage of development.
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 08, 2012, 11:15:41 pm »

[Bingo.

Drone / Flying Drone - Junior Queen
Spy Drone - ?
Digging Drone - ?
Soldier - Armored Queen
Flying Soldier -  Air Queen
Predator - Spirit/War Queen
Nurse - Body/Adaptation Queen
Commander - Mind/Technology Queen

Those are about exactly what you think they would be. Good catch, Zecro.

Eggs are currently unlaid. It takes about 1/8th of a time-cycle to lay eggs. The designations are in place; I'm just too lazy to update the wall-o-text until night with the standard Pollen + Jelly -Drones etc.]

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 09, 2012, 12:23:36 am »

You know, until ATT (from Solifuge and now you Ross) complaining about it, I hadn't heard of 2Wire.
No idea why https does something, though. Its just secured http.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 09, 2012, 12:28:40 am »

From what I guess, it attempts a secure connection, sees the modem hijacking the page, and goes WOAH, I NEED ENTIRELY NEW CREDENTIALS NOW after the first insecurity attempt. After that, it seems to work. On Firefox, at least. I just refuse to restart my browser because my internet farted like it does every five minutes.

The problem started months ago. New modem? No difference. New wires? No difference. Obvious restarts of computers and hardware, no difference. In fact it's even worse now. Games I got 760 ping on free dial-up internet 10+ years ago? I'm at 996 with packet loss. There are many things to be said about ATT internet, most of them relating to bad internet and the other half relating to bad customer service.

It didn't do this in the past. =/

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 09, 2012, 12:32:05 am »

Why is it hijacking ye page in the first place?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 09, 2012, 12:34:31 am »

I vote for nurse queen.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 09, 2012, 12:38:03 am »

Whenever my internet dies, 2wire hijacks my browser to let me know, then unhelpfully insists that I restart my browser after the problem is fixed.

Lovely, isn't it?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 09, 2012, 12:40:05 am »

Automated routing help, totally a useful feature. Surely it won't ruin something important or lengthy.

-.-
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 09, 2012, 01:21:31 am »

I vote for soldier queen, we need more soldiers and I dislike chaos from all that of the body generations from nurse...

New queen will provide us with cannonfodder, we'll lay economical\scientific drones. Simple and efficient
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 09, 2012, 01:26:08 am »

=> Repair security interlocks
=> Design live firing course and armory. Both strongly armoured
(No queen yet, as we only have one nurse and they are kinda important)
=> Build several transports, we want at least 5 (4 for soldiers/predators, and a backup)
=>In order to capture as many humans as possible (hostages are good) we should make a poison gas weapon. Make a normal(knocking people out) and a lethal variant.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 09, 2012, 02:17:28 am »

I vote for soldier queen, we need more soldiers and I dislike chaos from all that of the body generations from nurse...

New queen will provide us with cannonfodder, we'll lay economical\scientific drones. Simple and efficient
By definition cannon fodder is inefficient, and if we have biologically superior and technologically superior warriors we will be indomitable!
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57