Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85791 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 14
« Reply #480 on: July 06, 2012, 07:38:54 pm »

Although the comment about not wanting to damage the planet itself is still valid, although multiple smaller mass drops upon the same target may be able to progressively reduce the local density until the target was effectively at a vulnerable depth.

Being subject to bombardment from beyond our influence is not something that can easily be defended against. Perhaps spreading the colony to cover a majority of the planet's surface area. Or positioning the hive under an entity of value to the bipeds. But these things represent significant expenses, and it would be best to remain undetected, although establishing a deep hive that could remain undetected should the main hive be destroyed would be of value to the perpetuation of us and them...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Carp Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 06, 2012, 07:50:00 pm »

I say we develop robotic exoskeletons. This way, we can integrate weapons, enhanced maneuverability, and improved strength into each of Us.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 06, 2012, 11:07:40 pm »

Cool swag from the sub station.
> do !!science!! on the 5 human corpses we have. Look especially for cybernetic enhancements. Scan their bar codes!
> determine the optimal wavelength(s) of light for the flowers to grow in then construct grow lamps for them that operate in these wave lengths.
>design heavily camouflaged cameras that can survive surface sandstorms and can pas for human tech, these will be usefully in monitoring the surface. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:37:26 pm by kopout »
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 07, 2012, 04:08:25 pm »

The light is being tested by the Automated System. Though, in all honesty, the Flowers can survive without sun, so more or less anything will do. Just for the hell of it, you take an Immature Flower and create a Hydroponic Test Chamber for it. The second Hive way, way underground is just beginning, but once the Queen's Flowers are set, expanding the Deep Hive will be a solid option. Lastly, the barcodes were scanned. That is how We know many of the Soldiers are criminals. Stampy appears to be the highest-ranked soldier, by the way. It is not as though it matters what his Human rank was, as he is currently the ranking Human as far as We are concerned. The Deviant Human Queen seems to be slightly unhealthy, but You suspect that Stampy has a deep-seated urge to ventilate her cranium as well.

Come to think of it, You don't know if Humans are lead by male Queens or Female Queens. It is entirely possible that the Humans determine their Queen by need and seniority. If this were true, then Stampy killing the Deviant Queen would make Him the current Human Queen.

You scan the remaining Human bodies looking for enhancements. You discover that in addition to the previously known reinforced cranium and entirely replaced spine, that the collarbones have been replaced, the rib cage reinforced, and the leg joints similarly reinforced. There are signs of artificial muscles (mostly in the legs) and several artificial backup organs - a second heart, what seems to be a modified lung, multiple pituitary glands, and an organ that You determine is used to boost the immune system and further cleanse the blood. This would naturally explain the size of the Human Soldiers, then. There is, of course, very little of this that can be adapted for Our use, given Our lack of internal skeletons.

Speaking of the humans... You proceed to the Human Chamber to find several of Stampy's Weak Humans wounded and one of the Deviant Queen's soldiers bleeding from multiple gunshot wounds to the midsection and a burned-out stump of his left arm, rather as though the Soldier in attendance had seen fit to cripple the Soldier. Without further ado, you Whisper to Stampy that he should finish the job, and he makes mouth-noises to the wounded Weak Humans. With feral looks on their faces, they rush the fallen Soldier and start to assault him. You turn to leave, and feel a vague wind from Stampy. Curious, you turn towards him, and he points at the computers, then makes sounds similar to that of the video game.

You order the Tech Drone to work with Stampy and the Human Tech Drone (as well as more ammo for Stampy), and set about making visual Sensory Arrays. It is a fairly simple process, and you complete 15 Visual Arrays, which are installed and integrated nearly as quickly as they are completed. With the remainder of the day, You assemble a second Basic Mechanical Flyer and expand it, giving it increased armor, piloting, and rudimentary stealth technology to create an Experimental Stealthed Flying Kai Carrier.

Night falls. You anticipate that with the work being uninterrupted, the Vehicle Launch System should be completed by tomorrow at midnight. You have yet to finish the Anti-Sat Rocket designs, but five days should give You enough time to design, build, load, and prepare it for launch. The Strangerfixing and improvements to the War Game should be completed by the morning and ready for immediate release.

The Soldiers arrive back with the Human supplies and Mechanical Repair Drones. A brief scan of the databases indicates simple maps and the location of various Human Dome Cities, Soil Farms, and various other infrastructure. The largest on this part of the planet is about here. This is a long walk - if Your narrator did the math right, and We go by ground at Our fastest pace non-stop, We should reach there in about five days.

[You Are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your Fertilized Eggs

Your Nest
Location - the general area of Here
Outdoors - Very Hard to Detect by Casual Scans
Indoors

You Own

Your food supplies are:
4 Units of Food

Your food requirements per Hunger Level are:
Drones - 1/10 of a Unit of Food
Soldiers - 4/10 of a Unit of Food
Levels 1-4 - A Unit of Food
Queen - A Unit of Food / Reabsorb 20 Eggs
Level 5 - 2 Units of Food

Your prisoners are:

Your Inventions (new section, correct me if I missed anything)

Your Planets:
Unnamed Yellow Dwarf Sun [Sol]
Unnamed Iron-Rich Cold Partially Terraformed Planet, 4th from Unnamed Sun [Mars]
- Unnamed Moon [Phobos]
- Unnamed Moon [Demios]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:13:23 pm by Ross Vernal »

Carp Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Night 14
« Reply #484 on: July 07, 2012, 10:05:43 pm »

Develop exo skeletons!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 07, 2012, 10:42:44 pm »

Wrok on improving the above-ground flowers and commence production of a second queen with all practical haste.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 07, 2012, 10:51:42 pm »

Meta-note: There will only be 2 Queen's Flowers left in the new chamber. It is a good idea to take 11 more flowers and hydro-system those as well.

They will likely revert to regular and large flowers, but you might be lucky.

Carp Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 07, 2012, 10:56:46 pm »

Meta-note: There will only be 2 Queen's Flowers left in the new chamber. It is a good idea to take 11 more flowers and hydro-system those as well.

They will likely revert to regular and large flowers, but you might be lucky.

Do it!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 08, 2012, 03:45:19 am »

Just one thing... those "humans soldiers" are in fact goddamn space marines?! hell yes, we are powerful enough to effortlessly mind-crush space marines! Future appear pretty bright, me think.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 08, 2012, 06:13:42 am »

Just one thing... those "humans soldiers" are in fact goddamn space marines?! hell yes, we are powerful enough to effortlessly mind-crush space marines! Future appear pretty bright, me think.
Close, but these soldiers are missing progenoids. Hmmmm.

I vote to devote some time to improve Our exoskeletons and some other time to Improve the aboveground flowers.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 08, 2012, 06:50:34 am »

Develop exo skeletons!

If by exoskeleton, We design the next generation of soldiers to have a sense metallic armor component to their defense matrix component of their carapace, i agree.

Why trust technology, when We, ourselves, can be capable of such things.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 08, 2012, 10:47:07 am »

Because we are of the mind.

Make armored suits.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 08, 2012, 11:03:22 am »

Because we are of the mind.

Make armored suits.
I oppose this and other similair suggestions, because we have no use for them:

-The drones are expendable, we're going to replace them anyway, losses are acceptable
-The predators don't care about bullets anyway. Unless we're going to clad that thing in sever layers of steel, I doubt it will have a noticeable effect.

The only units that might profit from this suggestion are the commanders, but I'd rather have them commanding from a safer spot, like an armoured tank or plane.

Wrok on improving the above-ground flowers and commence production of a second queen with all practical haste.
The Queen will be independent. We can not afford a split, not now. Later yet, when discovery won't let to immediate extermination.

Improve the aboveground flowers.
I'm not sure how we can improve the flowers, but giving them the seeds should work.

Anyway, our priorities should be:

-Finish the Vehicle launching system
-Prepare the attack
     - Virus
     - Antisattelite rockets
     -Attack vehicles
     -Transport vehicles
     -Soldiers
-Defenses
     -Shield
     -Bunkers
     -Deep space sensors
     -Interception technology

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 08, 2012, 11:17:15 am »

Maybe I'm over cautious but i think we should be focused on more peaceful endeavorers for the moment. Also the second queen will not be independent, it is the thired queen and up were we have to roll for having them be part o the hive mind.

> Move some of the competing queen's flowers to our hydroponic lab. Not the weakest, we leave those to die but not the strongest ether, those will become the two wineries.
> Begin integration of human biological testing computers.
> After computers are integrated we should use them to test the seeds.
> Tech drone should be working hard at reveres engineering and building mechanical repair drones.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 08, 2012, 11:48:49 am »

Maybe I'm over cautious but i think we should be focused on more peaceful endeavorers for the moment. Also the second queen will not be independent, it is the thired queen and up were we have to roll for having them be part o the hive mind.

> Move some of the competing queen's flowers to our hydroponic lab. Not the weakest, we leave those to die but not the strongest ether, those will become the two wineries.
> Begin integration of human biological testing computers.
> After computers are integrated we should use them to test the seeds.
> Tech drone should be working hard at reveres engineering and building mechanical repair drones.
We will get detected eventually, we should strike first. Anyway, I'm not planning to attack before we get an overwhelming advantage, ie within 2 weeks, more or less.

4. Make certain to wipe them first. Don't want them to hook up to the nearest connection and send damage reports out or something.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57