Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85802 times)

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 13
« Reply #465 on: July 04, 2012, 05:40:17 pm »

20 Drone Eggs (Gen 1) - Hatch, after that send existing obsolete 15 Basic Drones to the recycler
16 Flying Drone Eggs (Gen 1)  Hatch 16. We need surface working force
17 Soldier Eggs (Gen 1) - Hatch 10, recycle rest, recycle basic soldiers
12 Flying Soldier Eggs (Gen 1) Hatch all
4 Predator Eggs (Gen 1) Hatch one.
2 Nurse Egg (Gen 1) Hatch all
2 Commander Egg (Gen 1) Hatch all

Edit: forgot that they will give only larvaes... Same but delay sending existing drones to recycler

The  Eggs who's fate we are deciding are inside Us. we only have to decide which ones to lay. Also I agree with this suggestion.

shouldn't the soldiers be arriving at the substation soon?

> do !!science!! on the 5 human corpses we have. look especially for cybernetic enhancements. Scan their bar codes!

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 05:44:45 pm by kopout »
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 04, 2012, 08:06:37 pm »

The markings are unlikely to be interesting. The bipeds clearly lack a mind so some form of identification of their drones would be required, and such identification would be meaningless without the relevant references...

P.S.
 Base 12 means replacing 10 with 12
counting in Base 10:
00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15.
Counting in base 12(using ! instead of 10 and @ instead of 11):
00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0!, 0@, 10, 11, 12, 13.
So 7+8=15 in base 10 and 7+8=13 in base 12 because base twelve has two extra numbers before increasing the number of digits...

Computers use binary, which is base 2 and only has 2 digits:
0, 1, 10, 11, 100, 101, 110, 111, 1000, 1001, 1010, 1011, 1100, 1101, 1110, 1111.

But this doesn't seem to be the thread in which to play with alien maths...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 04, 2012, 08:13:04 pm »

> determine the optimal wavelength(s) of light for the flowers to grow in then construct grow lamps for them that operate in these wave lengths.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Carp Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 04, 2012, 08:15:02 pm »

> determine the optimal wavelength(s) of light for the flowers to grow in then construct grow lamps for them that operate in these wave lengths.

I say we develop robotic dwarves badgers.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 06, 2012, 06:11:39 am »

Let Us create auto-miners, we are of the Mind, and technology should guide us.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 06, 2012, 06:56:07 am »

or flower tender robots
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 06, 2012, 07:21:27 am »

or flower tender robots
We have an automated flower tender system.

Depends, technology should help the hive, and making the drones useless would not do. Giving them laser drills would work though.

I'd say we also develop Magnetic shielding. (Gravitic shielding is technically impossible, and if we can manipulate gravity, there are far more interesting things we can do with it.)

Other things we can do is see how the building looting progresses, and begin construction of vehicles. We will need these at least to take over the nearest settlement:

- Fighter jets: Because blowing up things is fun
- Transport
- Tanks: Because not being blown up is fun
- Rockets: For the anti sat plan

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 06, 2012, 07:32:49 am »

Rockets, sounds sweet. Maybe one with a queen sized chamber.
OH OH OH, HOW ABOUT ANDROIDS THAT LOOK LIKE HUMANS?
We get the people to give us cultural advice, and as a replacement for the brain slug idea.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 06, 2012, 01:52:06 pm »

and as a replacement for the brain slug idea.

how so?
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 06, 2012, 02:03:35 pm »

Rockets, sounds sweet. Maybe one with a queen sized chamber.
OH OH OH, HOW ABOUT ANDROIDS THAT LOOK LIKE HUMANS?
We get the people to give us cultural advice, and as a replacement for the brain slug idea.
[/quote

Our current rocket tech is about at the level where we can just decide where we blow it up.not nearly near the tech required for interplanetary voyages.

As for the androids. At the moment we know about 50 words. I'm pretty sure we would be highly suspicious, including thee. Factt. That we should up weird up heath sensors, trigger each And any meetal sensor, annd don't have any identity, which wouldn't. Be problem on Earth, but would. Be on Mars.

We shuould do a new search of the surroundings, using the humaan network

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 06, 2012, 03:22:39 pm »

[Sorry, was busy being AMERICAN and such. LoverGirl says hi, as does the sub-DM managing the Pirate side.]

As a matter of fact, we do have an effective form of stasis. The Flowers are currently stored that way. The Seed is not, as of yet, placed into stasis. You think it should work pretty decently on Us, but there's not much point.

You still have yet to find out if your bio cold fusion theory is correct, by the way.

You feed the Tech Drone Royal Jelly and instruct it to make itself fertile while You lay 20 Drone Eggs, 16 Flying Drone Eggs, 10 Soldier Eggs, 12 Flying Soldier Eggs, 2 Predator Eggs, 2 Nurses, and 2 Commanders, and leave standing orders with unadapted Drones to, when they are replaced, work until the end of their food cycle, then to join Our food cycle. With this being complete, you and the drones reproduce, followed by the damaged Spy Drone being tossed into the recycler.

Abbreviations are in use for sanity purposes.

Spoiler: Spy Drone Offspring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tech Drone Offspring) (click to show/hide)

You spend a portion of the day designing a magnetic shielding system to deflect incoming Human railgun weaponry. It works in theory and on a small scale, but the testing of the large-scale shield to protect the Hive will have to wait for the sat-kill test. The Sporifers have given off their spores and plants are on the way. This is the other stage they can be transplanted in. All remaining larvae have developed.

With this being done, you check in on your Drones and Mechanical Scouts. They all appear to be heavily loaded down with seeds, hard drives, and in a few cases, working Mechanical Repair Drones. The should be home before too much longer.

It is mid-day, and you set about redesigning the Anti-Armor munitions, then work on a Fighter. It will take some time to get it working optimally, but you succeed at creating an absolute bare-bones gunship with room for two soldiers and a single Drone. It's very basic, but has the computer systems needed to maintain the flight, the mini-reactor, and to otherwise maneuver.

[You Are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your Fertilized Eggs

Your Nest
Location - the general area of Here
Outdoors - Very Hard to Detect by Casual Scans
Indoors

You Own

Your food supplies are:
6 Units of Food
10 Units of SQSF

Your food requirements per Hunger Level are:
Drones - 1/10 of a Unit of Food
Soldiers - 4/10 of a Unit of Food
Levels 1-4 - A Unit of Food
Queen - A Unit of Food / Reabsorb 20 Eggs
Level 5 - 2 Units of Food

Your prisoners are:

Your Inventions (new section, correct me if I missed anything)

Your Planets:
Unnamed Yellow Dwarf Sun [Sol]
Unnamed Iron-Rich Cold Partially Terraformed Planet, 4th from Unnamed Sun [Mars]
- Unnamed Moon [Phobos]
- Unnamed Moon [Demios]

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 14
« Reply #476 on: July 06, 2012, 03:52:55 pm »

FWe need to check out the local surroundings again. The we need to upgrade our automated farm to hold 20 plants and transplant to fill it up.  Then we need to finish thelainch system.
 We still need to design better rockets and. Descent drop ships.

Also, our physic field can kill humans,, we need to see if we can create aphsyhic weapon.

And give the flowers their seeds.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 06, 2012, 04:39:51 pm »

Our current automated capacity is 80 Outdoor Flowers, 80 Indoor Flowers, and 4 Queen's Flowers. Your estimate as to the efficiency of the automation is a 25% increase in production, by the way, so 1 cycle with current supplies will result in 5 Units of Royal Jelly and Queen's Pollen as well as 85 Units of Food and Pollen. Pretty much, the food problem is solved.

The Digging Drones and all unattached Drones are working on things still, but Your leadership and the Tech Drone will certainly be helpful now and vital later on.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 06, 2012, 06:19:39 pm »

we need to dig a couple of chambers a couple of hundred m down; that is all we need to do to protect us from a kinetic strike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_depth - the depth of penatration is related to the ratio of densitites; if the shell is twice the density of the armor, then a 1m shell will penetrate 2m armor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_bunker_buster - the largest depth mentioned is 46m; assuming that our armor is as much improved vs kinetic strikes as concrete vs nuclear assisted kinetic, then 200m is all that is needed to protect us.

furthermore, if we have 2 layers of armor, with a small gap between, =======, then that will encourage the projectile to shatter on impact, meaning that shells with sufficient kinetic energy to overcome the armor won't penatrate well. ([size=78%]http://ares.jsc.nasa.gov/ares/hvit/basic.cfm[/size])

basically, we have a layer of armor near the surface. 50m down have a whole floor with both the roof and floor armored, and we will be invulnerable to any single kinetic strike. even multiple impacts at the same point would have issues, due to angular differences, and the 50m of marian dirt re-filling the hole between the upper and lower armor layers.

Any single strike capable of getting through to us would do extreme devistation on the surface, so i am quite sure would not be done'
Add in (semi-)effective railgun projectile deflection, to prevent targeting of weakened areas of the armor, and you'll note that there is a good reason the "starship troopers" ended up in hand-to-hand combat on a planets surface.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Carp Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 06, 2012, 07:07:58 pm »

we need to dig a couple of chambers a couple of hundred m down; that is all we need to do to protect us from a kinetic strike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_depth - the depth of penatration is related to the ratio of densitites; if the shell is twice the density of the armor, then a 1m shell will penetrate 2m armor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_bunker_buster - the largest depth mentioned is 46m; assuming that our armor is as much improved vs kinetic strikes as concrete vs nuclear assisted kinetic, then 200m is all that is needed to protect us.

furthermore, if we have 2 layers of armor, with a small gap between, =======, then that will encourage the projectile to shatter on impact, meaning that shells with sufficient kinetic energy to overcome the armor won't penatrate well. ([size=78%]http://ares.jsc.nasa.gov/ares/hvit/basic.cfm[/size])

basically, we have a layer of armor near the surface. 50m down have a whole floor with both the roof and floor armored, and we will be invulnerable to any single kinetic strike. even multiple impacts at the same point would have issues, due to angular differences, and the 50m of marian dirt re-filling the hole between the upper and lower armor layers.

Any single strike capable of getting through to us would do extreme devistation on the surface, so i am quite sure would not be done'
Add in (semi-)effective railgun projectile deflection, to prevent targeting of weakened areas of the armor, and you'll note that there is a good reason the "starship troopers" ended up in hand-to-hand combat on a planets surface.
A mass drop is basically a gigantic hunk of dense material the size of an asteroid.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57