Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen / You Are A Kai Commander, Day 41  (Read 85808 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, Day 12
« Reply #375 on: July 02, 2012, 10:05:52 am »

1. It's not. Given our specialization and current set up, we might just create robots to do the spying for us. Androids if you want to have human look a like's. Besides, why would we need a human prescence at all, the humans civilization is heavily digitalized. If we control their networks, we control them, if we blast their networks out of the sky, they're crippled.
2. We want to keep them on a friendlyness level where they won't bomb the entire planet to get rid of us. Or go and tell some of the aliens.
3. It seems to much of an investement for me for something that will see so little use. If our spydrones get captured, I'd rather give them something they can use to blow themselves up. Our race was nearly eradicated, we should stay undetected as long as possible. No doubt their are beings who would blow up entire planets to get rid of us.
4. And you'd think the GM would let you have an undetectable, mindcontrolling bioweapon?
5. I do, as do the 2 people above you. Also, Hollywood plans seldom, if ever work.

If we want to do control humans, we should either follow Criptfeind, or design a Hivemind resonator thingy/ to allow us to project our physic abilities much further and control the humans that way.

What would be better than destroying the humans' communications would be controlling them. The first step in that is to find out how much of it is satalite based or direct transmission.
Most likely most of their communications will be sattelite based, as Mars doesn't has a large enough population to justify land lines. The Martian ionosphere is not shielded from solar winds, which makes radio communications unlikely, as they rely on the Ionosphere to bounce back the signals.

Besides, the comms we're interested in, Interplanetary, will all be sattelite based. While taking control of them may be good, we will want to cut of all  communications in a swift strike when we decide to attack openly. Whitout blowing up the orbital sattelites we will not be able to prevent them from getting out a message.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 02, 2012, 10:11:57 am »

Besides, the comms we're interested in, Interplanetary, will all be sattelite based. While taking control of them may be good, we will want to cut of all  communications in a swift strike when we decide to attack openly. Whitout blowing up the orbital sattelites we will not be able to prevent them from getting out a message.
What I am saying is that our method of taking down the satellites might not need to be physically blowing them up. If we can use a computer virus or gain control of them all we would need to do then is to prevent them from launching new satellites or ships for manual overrides.
Soaplent green is goblins!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 02, 2012, 10:17:50 am »

What I am saying is that our method of taking down the satellites might not need to be physically blowing them up. If we can use a computer virus or gain control of them all we would need to do then is to prevent them from launching new satellites or ships for manual overrides.
I doubt it'll work. They only need to gain control for a few seconds to get a distress call out, and the moment we can stop them for launching a new sattelite before it is operationall we already control the planet.

Also, getting a debris in orbit would cut of the entire planet. No'one would be able to get in nor out untill the debris cleared (Or they had a ridicously armore ship, which I'd doubt.). It willl probably take between a few week to several months for the debris to clear, giving us plenty of time to conquer the planet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 02, 2012, 10:19:08 am »

Do you really think there is enough shit up there to seriously cover the planet in a layer of debris? I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 02, 2012, 10:23:13 am »

Do you really think there is enough shit to seriously cover the planet in a layer of debris? I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous.
I wouldn't be covering the planet in a layer of debris.  I was talking about littering the orbit with it.

The only thing you need to do to lock of the orbit would be to blow up a few rockets on well prepared trajectories, which will then take the sattelites with them. In fact, the amount of debris will be near nothing at all. Most of it will be peasized, but a peasized object impacting at orbital velocity does a lot of damage, enough to take out a modest ship. Think of it a great dispersed clouds of debris fragment, all around the planet.

Near undetectable, yet dangerous enough to kill a ship.

Space stations and ships  today alike have to make frequent maneuvres to avoid similair debris, and they have databases of it's location to assist them. If we deliberatly dumped debris in orbit, they would't be able to predict it's orbit (No databases of it's orbits, and no observatories to find it for them), so they won't be able to evade.
It only takes a single impact to severly criple or doom a ship.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:27:06 am by 10ebbor10 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 02, 2012, 10:24:57 am »

I think we're getting slightly too far ahead here. Do we even have the means to launch surface-to-orbit strikes?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 02, 2012, 10:26:41 am »

I'm pretty sure that is BS. Sorry.

No way would: The debris be moving fast enough. There be enough of it. Would it have a stable enough orbit. Do enough damage anyway.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 02, 2012, 10:31:35 am »

1. It's not. Given our specialization and current set up, we might just create robots to do the spying for us. Androids if you want to have human look a like's. Besides, why would we need a human prescence at all, the humans civilization is heavily digitalized. If we control their networks, we control them, if we blast their networks out of the sky, they're crippled.
2. We want to keep them on a friendlyness level where they won't bomb the entire planet to get rid of us. Or go and tell some of the aliens.
3. It seems to much of an investement for me for something that will see so little use. If our spydrones get captured, I'd rather give them something they can use to blow themselves up. Our race was nearly eradicated, we should stay undetected as long as possible. No doubt their are beings who would blow up entire planets to get rid of us.
4. And you'd think the GM would let you have an undetectable, mindcontrolling bioweapon?
5. I do, as do the 2 people above you. Also, Hollywood plans seldom, if ever work.

fine... il wait :(
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 02, 2012, 10:41:05 am »

I think we're getting slightly too far ahead here. Do we even have the means to launch surface-to-orbit strikes?
Not yet
I'm pretty sure that is BS. Sorry.

No way would: The debris be moving fast enough. There be enough of it. Would it have a stable enough orbit. Do enough damage anyway.
It certainly would. There are internationall treaties today to prevent the spread of such waste, and plans to make cleaners to clean it up. It certainly is a thread. While Mars orbit might be a bit cleaner, we're deliberatly aiming for the sattelites, and planning to keep as much debris in orbit as possible. Since an impact would not noticably change it's orbit , the debris would stay in orbit, at least for a few weeks

A martian object in Aerostationary orbit moves at  more or 10.000 km/h= 2777.77 m/s. Which means that the impact of a 10 grammes object= 0.010 *27772 = 77177 joules, which is a respectable amount of power. Knowing that since these things tend to swarm together. (Same origin= same orbit), an impact will not come alone.
True, we can not stop everything, but the Martian orbit would be so dangerous that few would risk it.

After all, this debris is near undetectable, and if all went according to plan, a virus would have shut down their communications so that they don't have a log of the impact trajectories.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 02, 2012, 10:48:55 am »

There are beings who destroy solar systems to get rid of Us, actually. See first post.

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2011/september/space-junk-report-090611.html

You can create a sat-killer missile. You can make pure fusion bombs (as well as Pollen Fuel rockets) and there's plenty of rocks and things to ship up a ton or two of gravel.  Theoretically, it should take Us about ten days with current numbers and machines to design, gather, assemble, and launch if We didn't care about secrecy; it would take longer to do in secret with the hacking and such.

Also, any votes for the Jelly aside from taking the first step to slugs and brains, like, say... cold tolerance or what-have you?

Weak humans side with the Listener. Limbless human is worthless. Surgery, drugs, and conditioning will be MUCH faster. And yes, We understand the concept of exchange to a degree.

afk job interview

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 02, 2012, 10:53:21 am »

What the fuck are we even doing with the humans anyway. I think they are taking up too much of our time and resources and giving us nothing in return. What? We want to keep humans because we are humans? I think we should kill and recycle any that we don't have a solid plan for use.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 02, 2012, 10:59:13 am »

Last post before going:

Humans are known as effective mercenaries and technicians, and can act for Us while we let Them do the dirty work (dying). Also, slavery is cheaper than xenocide and each Human has a daily food consumption of a drone.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 02, 2012, 11:04:47 am »

What the fuck are we even doing with the humans anyway. I think they are taking up too much of our time and resources and giving us nothing in return. What? We want to keep humans because we are humans? I think we should kill and recycle any that we don't have a solid plan for use.
Agreed. Try to give them a chance to let them tell why they'll be useful.

I think we should use the royal Jelly to upgrade our navigation/ programming drone. We will need to infiltrate the humans networks no matter what.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 02, 2012, 11:13:58 am »

(just because im waiting doesn't mean i cant plan...)

so we can insert brain slugs!
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 02, 2012, 11:21:22 am »

Quick question about the debris plan: Assuming we can saturate the entire upper atmosphere with gravel, how do we get ships off the planet?
And anyway, communication from the colony suddenly stopping altogether seems like it would raise suspicions before too long.

Cooperative test subjects are easier to work with, and we will want to eventually be able to mimic human communications. We want to do that because such tools help secrecy, which is currently more viable than open warfare.
Soaplent green is goblins!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57